Is anyone still playing this ?

oscar19681

The ammunition re-arm work to a certain distance to some special vehicles or units.

100m for mobile warehouses (M818, Ural-375, Ural-375 PBU)

250-500m for warehouses/FARPs position (with the right units)

1000m for airbases (if it is on your side [red or blue]

But about the mobile warehouse, say you have georgian units on blue, you still need a Ural-375 for rearm!

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Recently I've played on few servers and I see rarely CA units to control. Even if, it is almost always Ural, BTR and other poors.

I want TOR, OSA, Strela, Tunguska to kill flying crafts. Where are good old times when you laughed at face of poor A-10C's player when he just had eaten missile?

I very well remember hiding my OSA behind 11 floor buildings near Sotchi because two Hogs chased me.... that was the strong point of having CA, not just control BTR in the middle of nowhere on the map WTF

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Boberro, that is an interesting point but I can see why online pilots don't want these units popping up on their radar unexpectedly.

Sim pilots would rather 'simulate' a mission with known SAM defenses, rather than one where the AO is a bit too hostile. While real pilots are compelled to fly in asymmetric conditions (they must take orders); virtual pilots can and will go to another server where there are easier missions and targets.

For people who are power-gaming (and most pilots are power-gamers by nature) there will be a desire for realism when it can offer an advantage but apprehension about realism when it can take away an advantage. Server admins and mission designers know this and they cater to it. They make the calls that make sure their server isn't empty.

If you aren't a power-gamer then it is likely that other things are important to you. What type of player are you?

I'm an explorer and I like to study the sim.

• 7 months later...
If ED can improve it so that it can almost rival arma, dcs would generate significant interest outside of the current userbase.

+1

The 159th's public server sometimes has some fun CA scenarios. For me, theirs is the best I have found lately.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]