DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

can you give us more in-depth on how MFD works? :D

Think of the abbris with 5 buttons. Now think of the MFD with 20 buttons. Now think of two MFD's with 20 buttons totaling 40 buttons and several submenus....

How does it work? Very complicadly :)

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

What can I say... :) You press the button and things happens man :P

No, seriously, I would recomend to wait for the related Matt's note, which will show you what MFDS are all about.

can you give us more in-depth on how MFD works? :D

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope that the joystick will come out before the sim, I realy need one ASAP :D

It's easy enough, same as in RL with the release of the weapons the balance of the weight shifts and you need to trim accordingly. I believe ED is doing a great job in giving us an idea in what it feels like to fly in real life. In short, get ready to wet your pants people... the sim will be "to die for".

Will the A-10 joystick be released alongside the Game?

Also, how easy is it to fly the A-10 and will you need to make constant adjustments in flight?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

can u tell us the first letter of the next DCS aircraft?

hehe...

"Ж" ;) At this point is unknown. You need to ask Matt almighty...

Edited by Peyoteros

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will engine stalls and engine disturbance envelope be modelled?

I have read several Flying Safety fiscal reports for A-10 accidents. Engines seem to be the main culprit, and many of these problems are pilot inflicted - flying at very high AOA and low speed, departed flight...

Several instances:

Flying Safety, Fiscal Year 2002

Class B Mishap: A-10 compressor stall, overtemp. During a BFM MQT sortie, the mishap aircraft was flown into a slow speed, high AOA flight regime. The MA experienced a compressor stall with high ITT] indications. The MP shut down the mishap engine and flew an uneventful single engine approach and landing.

----

Pilots and their wingmen are doing outstanding jobs handling engine-related emergencies. Six of the seven Class Bs involved serious engine damage, and all six jets were recovered uneventfully. We need to continue to focus emergency procedure training on these types of mishaps and have a solid gameplan in mind every time we fly.

A single-engine approach and landing are not "normal" by any stretch, so table top, 1-G discussions about yaw rates, flight parameters and cockpit indications are invaluable. Time and gas should also be allocated for training for these contingencies whenever possible.

Flying Safety, Fiscal Year 2004

Class B mishap: The mission was planned and flown as a single-ship air combat maneuver attack sortie. On the fourth engagement, the pilot rolled right and (momentarily) flew the mishap aircraft into the engine disturbance envelope. Preexisting damage to the compressor blades resulted in the mishap engine experiencing a minor compressor stall. The mishap pilot shut down the engine and recovered the aircraft uneventfully.

Flying Safety, Fiscal Year 2007

Class B numbers four, seven, and eight were all compressor stalls, at least 2 of which occurred during low altitude operations. These investigations are ongoing.

The overall trends appear to be an increased number of compressor stalls, slat failures and gun malfunctions. Though materiel aspects certainly

contributed to these trends, there are other elements where pilots and maintenance can help mitigate the risk.

Flying Safety, Year in review. There's a chapter on A-10 in each.

Flying Safety - 2009

Flying Safety - 2008

Flying Safety - 2007

A-10 Flight Mishap History

Mishap and Event Classifications

Classify mishaps by total direct mishap cost and the severity of injury/occupational illness.

1.10.1. Class A Mishap. A mishap resulting in one or more of the following:

1.10.1.1. Direct mishap cost totaling $1,000,000 or more.

1.10.1.2. A fatality or permanent total disability.

1.10.1.3. Destruction of a DoD aircraft (Attachment 1). NOTE: A destroyed UAV/UAS is not a Class A mishap unless the criteria in paragraphs 1.10.1.1. or 1.10.1.2. are met.

1.10.2. Class B Mishap. A mishap resulting in one or more of the following:

1.10.2.1. Direct mishap cost totaling $200,000 or more but less than $1,000,000.

1.10.2.2. A permanent partial disability.

1.10.2.3. Inpatient hospitalization of three or more personnel. Do not count or include individuals

hospitalized for observation, diagnostic, or administrative purposes that were treated and released.

1.10.3. Class C Mishap. A mishap resulting in one or more of the following:

1.10.3.1. Direct mishap cost totaling $20,000 or more but less than $200,000.

• Like 1

Snip, we dont know what kind of MP compatability we get - it's up to ED.

I know from earlier that the *intent* is to maintain DCS compatability, Ka-50 and A10-C.

FC2 is not DCS.

So it's all a bit uncertain from our viewpoint atm.

.. and your english is better than my Serbian. ;)

Edited by Panzertard
  • Like 1

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Think of the abbris with 5 buttons. Now think of the MFD with 20 buttons. Now think of two MFD's with 20 buttons totaling 40 buttons and several submenus....

How does it work? Very complicadly :)

It is similar to the ABRIS in that you push the button next to the option that you want. For example, you push one button to see what is loaded on your pylons, then push the button on that pylon to select the weapon there. If you push the button next to the tagerting pod, you will get its image on the screen. Also, they are identical: both units can show any menu or submenu.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Also, how easy is it to fly the A-10 and will you need to make constant adjustments in flight?

Even a Chimpanzee can keep an Airframe in a relatively straight line when it's up.......The trick is getting it up and more importantly, getting it down in one piece ;)

Advice: Get comfortable with the Su-25T.....Thanx to DCS, the days of the SFM are over :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Even a Chimpanzee can keep an Airframe in a relatively straight line when it's up.......The trick is getting it up and more importantly, getting it down in one piece ;)

Advice: Get comfortable with the Su-25T.....Thanx to DCS, the days of the SFM are over :thumbup:

If the FC2 A10A is a 1 (=easy) and the FC2 SU25T is a 10 (=hard) where would you put the A10C flight model difficulty?

Im wondering how hard will it be, will i get the chance to focus on the target and weapon systems at all or will i go insane just trying to fly the plane.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

If the FC2 A10A is a 1 (=easy) and the FC2 SU25T is a 10 (=hard) where would you put the A10C flight model difficulty?

Not attempting to be a PITA here, but honestly too subjective a question to even attempt an answer. Easy for me will not necessarily mean anything to you......I've had a Toad permanently strapped to my back since time immemorial ;)

In any event - back to my original statement: Get used to the T-Toad and attendant nuances re Advanced Flight Model......Best practice out there.

, will i get the chance to focus on the target and weapon systems at all or will i go insane just trying to fly the plane

I wouldn't worry about it :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Himself - the chimp that managed to break his nosewheel on touchdown yesterday. :D

:megalol:

'Twas the ZSU.......That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :music_whistling:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks :) I guess its back to the SU25T for me then, I gave up on it (I prefer western cockpits), but ill give it another try :) I love the shkval though :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

To improve one should do more what he dislikes and less what he loves... :huh:

Thanks :) I guess its back to the SU25T for me then, I gave up on it (I prefer western cockpits), but ill give it another try :) I love the shkval though :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought you had a Mingingitis yesterday... :noexpression:

Was Thursday........ZSU Broke nosewheel Thursday :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was Thursday........ZSU Broke nosewheel Thursday :P

Blimey, it's like listening to a racing driver. Excuses, excuses. :P

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL