Link16 implementation

Pikey

I've got questions on Link16 that https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192574 doesn't answer. Appreciate it's outside of EA scope, but it's quite important to the entire of DCS. As follows:

• Will the datalink network have all capable planes, AI and Player, subscribed and sending data, regardless of any other setting (like F-16 AI does with the A-10C SADL, it broadcasts and you can see them looking at random things)?

• Will we see Link 16 used for broadcasting AI detected tracks, such as those detected by EWR and AWACS, to display on the F-18C?

• Will all F-18's show Link16 detected tracks without a master network hub like an AWACS or comm link arrays? i.e. will the datalink be able to work as an imaginary layer of tech or will there be an artificial way of making it not work, much like the ELPRS checkbox in the mission editor?

• Will Link16 be broadcasting ships and ground units as well? How will they age?

• Is there any concern on what the overall effect of Link16 is on Multiplayer PvP servers? I can foresee F-18's being quite powerful in concert, will the implementation ignore this advantage and let it be as is, or will ED try to help the red side with any balancing tech?

I've asked the last question not because i'm trying to provoke a debate about PvP but because I saw the reaction to the LEAVU addon, which essentially gives what Link 16 would give, and that reaction was pretty vehement. But it would be fair to say that the existing (for want of a better word) "balance" would be disrupted.

FWIW, I'd like to see Link16 warts and all, fully simulated to the extent of it's absolute capabilities, rather than some sort of middle ground made to balance and fit it scenarios with public player versus player.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

well, given that alot of this functionality is supposed to be in the flanker datalink, and that isn't working at all in multiplayer. I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for this.

Flanker isnt a full fidelty module, and Link 16 is different from the one used on the Russian planes like the flanker. It is actually more sophisticated.

Since ED says Datalink will be part of the Hornet just not EA/ its safe to say they have enough documentation to mimick what Link 16 does well enough in a virtual environment.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD