Clean cockpit, please.

*Rage*

I get it. The Mig21 is old.

But I hate the dirty, poorly maintained canopy, especially with the latest patch. It looks awful and is extremely distracting. Furthermore many of us like to simulate a 70's scenario where these cockpits would have been in far better shape.

Almost any other pit is cleaner and better maintained in DCS, including the WW2 and Korean warbirds.

I tried this mod

and it didnt work for me (see below).

Furthermore I really think this should be a developer "oem" option rather than mod that needs reworking/fixing with every patch.

Ive been an ardent supporter of the Mig21 since pre-release. Please, if not a "factory fresh" cockpit then at least give us a speckless canopy. Window cleaner and a microfibre towel cannot be that hard to come by.

Screen_180518_152255.thumb.jpg.9b6e941f5325f64e8c7487df4ea53c39.jpg

Screen_180518_152301.thumb.jpg.bb90dce553425c8ff14847aeb6d98bfd.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Window cleaner and a microfibre towel cannot be that hard to come by.

The 70's and life conditions in the users' countries would make it hard maybe…

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

That looks more like texture shading issues, like on (long list of aircraft) hard to tell on.my phone, but the same weird discolorations and glazing as on others. That stuff isn't a 'design choice', it means they haven't fixed the textures for the new render engine yet. The back of the line's over there buddy :p

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Hi, i played around with the cockpit fix from Tetra and was able to get it working. Seems like a lot of people are looking for a fix so i will share mine here. It's JSGME ready so nobody will loose the original file. All credits go to Tetra for the original fix i just transformed his dds to tga, renamed it and made it working for jsgme.

Mig21_ClearCockpit.zip

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Hi, i played around with the cockpit fix from Tetra and was able to get it working. Seems like a lot of people are looking for a fix so i will share mine here. It's JSGME ready so nobody will loose the original file. All credits go to Tetra for the original fix i just transformed his dds to tga, renamed it and made it working for jsgme.

Thanks!

Thats an improvement but I'd still love a fresh cockpit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:thumbup:

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

I used the english metric cockpit mod and the clean cockpit mod by Flanker in 1.5.8. After updating to 2.5 i think there are some minor texture issues, but it works and it is much better than the ugly standard pit.

You can find the files in the users download section mods and skins

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1703560/

Best Regards LEO

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)

I get it. The Mig21 is old.

But I hate the dirty, poorly maintained canopy, especially with the latest patch. It looks awful and is extremely distracting. Furthermore many of us like to simulate a 70's scenario where these cockpits would have been in far better shape.

Almost any other pit is cleaner and better maintained in DCS, including the WW2 and Korean warbirds.

Completely agree with you there:thumbup:

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

I like Dirty cockpit... I hope it stays that way.

I dont like fresh factory also. It isn’t civilian plane. For me this model has perfect VC, simply.

But mods solved this problem (for clean version) so it isnt big problem I suppose.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I don't mind and actully like the MiG-21 cockpit but having a clean version as an build-in option would be welcomed. There is however a valid point about the canopy glass which at least used to be much more "dirty" than in other planes. There is really no need to start the discussion if it's realistic or not but just consider that since every other plane had much brighter and cleaner canopy the MiG-21 was putting it's pilots in disadvantage making spotting much more difficult.

I'm sure however that devs have a lot of other priorities to work on.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Yes, please, I would love for an option to use clean cockpit glass. Right now, the MiG-21 is unusable. I can't even see the runway properly with the current cockpit.

I don't mind and actully like the MiG-21 cockpit but having a clean version as an build-in option would be welcomed. There is however a valid point about the canopy glass which at least used to be much more "dirty" than in other planes. There is really no need to start the discussion if it's realistic or not but just consider that since every other plane had much brighter and cleaner canopy the MiG-21 was putting it's pilots in disadvantage making spotting much more difficult.

I'm sure however that devs have a lot of other priorities to work on.

I also uploaded my quickfix for a clearer glass to the userfiles if you haven't read my reply. I am also looking to get a complete clear glass without any scratches and maybe flankers clean cockpit mod working. But right now i don't have much time for trial and error :)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300530/

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Btw guys, Rudel has stated on LN's bug tracker that glass won't be changing any time soon or never. So yeah ernie's solution works great for me at least right now.

The artistic solution of LN, as it may not satisfy me and others is this and I will respect it but I will keep using mods to make it combat ready.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Thanks erniedaoag. Much appreciated, will try the mod when I get home!

Regarding Rudel's statement, no issues with him not wanting to change it, but at least give users an option on what to use. A clear cockpit glass or the dirty one. If not, then we'll have to use mods!

Clean cockpit is something nice to have. It is hard to differentiate between a ground object or aircraft from 6 and a speck on the pit with current monitor resolutions.

With this mod, you may imagine that a thug or some social nuisance is doing a community job by cleaning cockpits :D

This space is available for your advertisement

they can add "SPECIAL SETTING" Dirty and Clean cockpit setting, both are Great.

I mean I like dirty one when flying around hitting A.I

But in multiplayer dirty cockpit is a problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Problem with mods is you wont be able to join a server with integrity check on.

Although in the past "Brinkyeti" explained on this forum a way on how to make the clean cockpit mod work, with a succesfull integrity check.

I dunno if this still works:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=191483

Edited by kurtz667
grammar
Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

I asked similar thing couple years back and answer was basically GTFO.

Every module should come with a three textures by OEM.

1) Factory clean. That is like cleanest possible situation without any weathering. Works as well best for VR and learning the cockpit.

2) Normal weathering so the aircraft has been in service for a few years so you get scratches, some dirt, some micro cracks on cockpit glass etc.

3) The museum condition that is used as reference object to model the aircraft. Meaning the Mig-21Bis is from 1977 or so and have been at somewhere outdoor museum for last 20 years.

That way player can use the weathering they want. For a texture artists it really is easier job to make first the clean one and then just weather the textures. The weathering is always the funniest part in building and texturing as you get creative there.

That would make a big reason to fly the module in different conditions when you can have it look like new, operational and as a museum piece.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

and have been at somewhere outdoor museum for last 20 years.

This is fantasy, nobody wouldn't want to fly such a piece of junk

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

It's a shame how some developers refuse to put their eyes or way of thinking out of their own dirty canopy and give their customers at least an option. I think ED should step in between and make all aircraft more competitive in this perspective. No offense, just disappointed cause I'm enjoying everything else far more than on any other module. Well, at least my glasses are cleaned to perfection since last update :thumbup:

I also uploaded my quickfix for a clearer glass to the userfiles if you haven't read my reply. I am also looking to get a complete clear glass without any scratches and maybe flankers clean cockpit mod working. But right now i don't have much time for trial and error :)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300530/

Thanks ernie. Let us know how you get along with the completely clear mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]