Announced Liveries Discussion

Don't be sorry, but you have to explain where am I wrong. I mean, Hornet skin markings aren't standard Spanish markings, they are wrong. Of course I tried to illustrate the thing with several actual pictures and articles and so I did. I wonder, where am I wrong exactly? :huh:

So, are you saying WIP skin pictures are right? I don't know what you mean or want to show. Illustrate us please. Maybe the pics of real aircraft I posted are all wrong :huh: . I would like to know, really.

Edit:

I mean, Ala 46 MLU Hornet, 2017, please illustrate me where has the roundel proportions changed from what they have been since Hornets first arrived in 1986. If you work with them daily maybe you're right in saying you're blind. Take a measuring tape and show us, please, PLEASE.

S!

You´re misunderstanding me, on youe first post you choose a picture(c15-59) with a fail on paint work (sometimes happen), usually dosnt fix this til next full paintjob, anyway i dont want to discuss anymore, youre the master of the universe in this field

PS ALA46 dosnt have MLU, only paintwork(incluiding false cockpit like ala12 and 15) , bye master of everything.

PS 2 for sure i can attach a pic with measuring tape, but not for you, only if the ED team request it

C U :thumbup:

I mean, WHERE AM I WRONG.

March 14th 2018 MLU Hornet

avc_00475152.jpg

March 12th 2018 MLU Hornet (Ala 46)

avc_00474327.jpg

April 5th 2018 MLU Hornet

avc_00475346.jpg

WHERE

Awaiting answers.

tenor.gif?itemid=3579864

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

You´re misunderstanding me, on youe first post you choose a picture(c15-59) with a fail on paint work (sometimes happen), usually dosnt fix this til next full paintjob, anyway i dont want to discuss anymore, youre the master of the universe in this field

PS ALA46 dosnt have MLU, only paintwork(incluiding false cockpit like ala12 and 15) , bye master of everything.

PS 2 for sure i can attach a pic with measuring tape, but not for you, only if the ED team request it

C U :thumbup:

If you work daily with them, you're painting all wrong all of the time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

The Person(s) doing the liveries gets the source material from quality sources if not the represented Sqn itself.

Right now, going on 3 days, you have been debating about the accuracy of the roundels on what's considered a Fictional Livery since Spanish AirForce are flying EF-18A's and not F/A-18C's. More Over from 2 Off Angle Screenshots.

That being said, I will report the roundels, as they are indeed not proportioned correctly.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

f18.jpg

Nothing more to add...

This clearly shows that the roundels on the ED screenshots are the wrong proportion.

The ED skin appears to have roundel proportions akin to the current Royal Air Force roundel:

RAF_roundel.svg

Or the company logo of "Target":

TargetCorporationLogo.png

The Spanish roundel has the proportions of the older (pre 1947) RAF roundel:

RAF_Type_A_Roundel.svg

Roundel_of_Spain.svg

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Nothing more to add...
You aren't getting the point… if those skins are released the way original pic is that will be what we get for a lot of time, if ever changed. Since it's better to have official skins for the Hornet than the painted ones (which we'll get anyway) for online compatibility purposes I'd rather prefer (and you too) to have them more or less right since the beginning. That's all. I don't really care if the yellow proportions in some of the late models has changed to be painted 1:1 to the red, or they still are ~1.15 yellow as it's been for the last some 40 years. I don't care since either way it'll still be a fictional skin that ED give us away and both ways would be right. I just would like to have, for once, a correct official skin marking so we all can enjoy it in MP without further fuss, and that'd probably be better done before release. So, thanks for your terrific support Spanish mates who will benefit from this but still bash the messenger while throwing stones in your glass house, so typical Spanish. You're very WELCOME :thumbup: .

The Person(s) doing the liveries gets the source material from quality sources if not the represented Sqn itself.

Right now, going on 3 days, you have been debating about the accuracy of the roundels on what's considered a Fictional Livery since Spanish AirForce are flying EF-18A's and not F/A-18C's. More Over from 2 Off Angle Screenshots.

That being said, I will report the roundels, as they are indeed not proportioned correctly.

Thanks Skate :thumbup: .

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

This is probably taking nitpicking to a whole new level, but this should clearly show that the skin has the wrong roundel proportions. I have compared to the roundel on the actual hornet that stratojet posted, to avoid any debate.

attachment.php?attachmentid=184780&stc=1&d=1526657037

The outer ring is too thin.

Spanish_Roundel_1.jpg.6184d8a5c369ee999d6b1fc43f10de46.jpg

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

This is probably taking nitpicking to a whole new level, but this should clearly show that the skin has the wrong roundel proportions. I have compared to the roundel on the actual hornet that stratojet posted, to avoid any debate.

attachment.php?attachmentid=184780&stc=1&d=1526657037

It's been reported w/ relevant material already.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

And the inner one a bit too wide. Thanks for taking your time with that mate.

S!

Good observation Boris :-) The bands have the same proportion, nothing to do with the Spanish flag, except in the colors, obviously.

Skatezilla and Flanker, thank you very much for taking note.

Edited by stratojet

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64Gb 3600Mhz, 1Tb NVMe, RTX 4080, Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Monitor: 32" 2K 165Hz, RV: HP Reverb G1

Friends. Thank you for pointing out the mistakes. I additionally recheck the skin. On the skin, the red central circle is smaller than the yellow band (this is hard to see on these screenshots)
Thanks Flanker, I know it shouldn't be such a big deal but knowing it's there one can't unsee it and it'd be nice to have a good enough official skin for MP :thumbup:.

S!

Not sure if anyone has pointed it out, and it is a super nit-pick.

But on the Aussie models, the tail number is shown as 'A - 21 - 10' and it should be 'A21-10', i.e. no dash between the A and 21 and less space either side of the dash between 21 and 10.

But thanks heaps for including the Aussie skins on release :)

DC_3A21_4a.jpg

Edited by Bullant

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

The National Defense logo for the canadian livery is slightly incorrect. Rarely, some RCAF airplanes also have it painted wrong, thought ver rarely. I attached a photo of what it should be. I have the high definition version of it if Eagle Dynamic is interested.

20171210_163316.thumb.jpg.6bf016f702d4e03bda6b44f49f196fb0.jpg

So the answer is no you cannot teach me how to do this. Thank you for dropping by. Now let's keep the conversation on either being excited about the Hornet, or teaching me how to place custom numbers on jets.

The Answer is No, because in order for Dynamic Numbers to be on the Model, the Meshes Need to be Cut and a Material w/ UV Shift Animation in 3DS Max is Applied.

So Once again, You can only cut so many Meshes, because they cannot overlap each other when cut.

The Primary Function/Focus is F/A-18C Liveries and Number Locations.

That was the short vague answer.

The National Defense logo for the canadian livery is slightly incorrect. Rarely, some RCAF airplanes also have it painted wrong, thought ver rarely. I attached a photo of what it should be. I have the high definition version of it if Eagle Dynamic is interested.

Indeed. To elaborate, the right rectangular portion of the flag is missing.

We're missing the Atlantic Ocean! :mad:

"A mari usque ad <missing>"

Edited by Jack McCoy
Fixed my Latin

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

Indeed. To elaborate, the right rectangular portion of the flag is missing.

We're missing the Atlantic Ocean! :mad:

"Ad mari usque ad <missing>"

Come on we still have the Pacific. Some countries don't have any oceans ;).

So we've got a release date, May 30th! Makes sense that the Hornet might have complications that have it switching places with The Persian Gulf Map. Probably means it'll be just a little bit nicer when we get it.

Let's continue the Hornet hype. Feel free to describe the first MISSION you plan on doing in the jet.

:pilotfly:

And as always, I'm still looking to learn more about dynamic tail number mechanics.

Edited by 045
Clarity

Someone has to update J-5011 for next weeks release of the Hornet. The auxiliary tank has been repainted ;)

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/1059484/j-5011-switzerland-air-force-mcdonnell-douglas-f-a-18c-hornet/

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

The Answer is No, because in order for Dynamic Numbers to be on the Model, the Meshes Need to be Cut and a Material w/ UV Shift Animation in 3DS Max is Applied.

So Once again, You can only cut so many Meshes, because they cannot overlap each other when cut.

The Primary Function/Focus is F/A-18C Liveries and Number Locations.

That was the short vague answer.

That's better. Hypothetical: Would it be possible to fill in a previously cut mesh, then cut new "holes" for numbers after? This is assuming I have access to the mesh itself.

What do you mean by primary function/focus? Just want to make it clear again, I'm not meaning for ED to do this, in case that is what you were thinking.

Also Ironically, my current desktop image is an older image of CF-188745 parked at an airshow. From the picture quality I estimate circa 1980s and it DOES NOT have the serial number under the flag on the tail. So Wags doesn't know what he's talking about, we're clearly getting earlier block Hornets ;)

Consumers do not have access to the 3DS Max Source files.

By the way, thanks for taking the advice and change the thing :thumbup: . A small step for a man, a giant leap towards looking way better.

attachment.php?attachmentid=185505&stc=1&d=1527414779

S!

Hornet_screenshot.thumb.jpg.3593c071bd037d36ce7b3bfeebbe50f9.jpg