Additional stick to operate the lantirn stick functions?

DocSigma

I know the LANTIRN stick when equipped isn't movable in the pit, but has anyone tried connecting an additional stick in addition to whatever HOTAS they're using to use for just operating the LANTIRN stick? I was thinking about connecting just my unused and dusty Cougar flight stick in addition to my Warthog and just use that for when I'm using the LANTIRN functionality. Is this possible?

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Honestly I'm just planning on using an Xbox controller or something instead of dropping a bunch of money on a hotas

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Genius...

<rummaging thru boxes for that dusty old wired controller>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Yes, I use a stick in the center to operate the tid, and a side stick (right though) to do the Lantirn

Both are warthogs. The one in the center is my flying stick as a pilot also

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

You can always use your primary stick using a modifier. That's what I'm doing with my Warthog.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I use the mini-stick on my Warthog Throttle.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have the X56 and it has a dial for different modes so that mode 1 your buttons will do a group of functions and mode 2 the same group will do other functions. So I have my X56 as mode 1: pilot stick, mode 2: RIO stick, mode 3: LANTIRN stick

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

I have the X56 and it has a dial for different modes so that mode 1 your buttons will do a group of functions and mode 2 the same group will do other functions. So I have my X56 as mode 1: pilot stick, mode 2: RIO stick, mode 3: LANTIRN stick

v6,

boNes

That is a great idea, could you please share your profile setup?

v6,

boNes

is that done using the x56 program or do the modes work with the bindings in-game? I have an x56 also but don't bind anything using the Logitech software.

You can certainly do something like that but keep in mind that the LANTIRN stick does not actually move in the real cockpit. It really is only there for the various hats and buttons.

Honestly I'm just planning on using an Xbox controller or something instead of dropping a bunch of money on a hotas

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I know the stick isn't movable, and I wouldn't be buying a new hotas, but just using my old TM Cougar stick which is just collecting dust and not being used. I just can't, with my current pilot mappings, get the necessary mappings to my Warthog, so I thought this might be a solution. thanks for the feedback.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

You can always use your primary stick using a modifier. That's what I'm doing with my Warthog.

Modifiers completely slipped my mind. That's a good idea as well. Thanks.

I have a Cougar on my desk as well as a Warthog, so I do have the second stick for the RIO and it works well. Of note: if your spare stick doesn't have a 2-stage trigger, you will want to apply a modifier for the second trigger pull (to designate the target).

I have a Cougar on my desk as well as a Warthog, so I do have the second stick for the RIO and it works well. Of note: if your spare stick doesn't have a 2-stage trigger, you will want to apply a modifier for the second trigger pull (to designate the target).

Hooked up the Cougar and it's working well. Had to make sure to clear all the automatic keybindings that are assigned to certain axes, such as pitch, roll, etc.. - my Cougar suffers from some severe pot spiking - at the time I modded the throttle will Hall sensors but not the stick - and couldn't have that interfering with my main Warthog.

Don't you have separate profiles for the Rio vs the pilot? Why would you need another stick? When you switch to Rio for example in single player you are not also flying the tomcat at the same time right?

I've seen some user files in the DCS website for the warthog (Rio and pilot) and they both use modifiers. The Rio one uses two modifiers a button and a switch.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz