Mi-8MTV2 News

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
I'm glad to see that even the developpers are a bit wobbly in their flying :music_whistling:

Joking... thanks for the vid! :thumbup:

it was deliberately done by us:smilewink:, to show the physical model of the cargo and the interaction of the load and the helicopter!:)

We invite you to view!

Wonderful!!! Cargo is a big part of what makes helicopters fun.

I would love to see graphical representations of internal cargo too for both the Hip and the Huey. For example it would be great to look in the back and see how many passengers you've picked up!

Thanks for giving this bird the attention it deserves. I think prolonged 'betas' are a little too prevalent in DCS and it only goes to further Belsimtek's already excellent reputation that they are taking the time to complete and polish their existing modules!

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Very nice video, looking forward for some more cargo fun. :) Interesting to hear how often you use the trim, i should try it too.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding of how grenade launchers work here. I've carried snipers on our helicopter before, I know their capabilities.

I'll just say this, if you think it's fine to just saturate an area with imprecise grenade fire, keeping in mind that the area can only be a few hundred meters away from the helicopter, then you guys are totally right. From an altitude of approximately 300 feet, the max range for a grenade launcher out of the helicopter is about 300 meters. If that seems like an effective strategy to you, then I'll back you there.

Does downwash from the rotor have a serious effect on the comparatively slow moving grenades?

Does downwash from the rotor have a serious effect on the comparatively slow moving grenades?

Yes. Large relative size and slow relative velocity are the culprits. Might work better with decent forward airspeed where the rotor downwash is out of the way (which is the case with the wing store mounted grenade launchers.

It is always nice to have input from a real expert.

I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding of how grenade launchers work here. I've carried snipers on our helicopter before, I know their capabilities.

I'll just say this, if you think it's fine to just saturate an area with imprecise grenade fire, keeping in mind that the area can only be a few hundred meters away from the helicopter, then you guys are totally right. From an altitude of approximately 300 feet, the max range for a grenade launcher out of the helicopter is about 300 meters. If that seems like an effective strategy to you, then I'll back you there.

Of course this also applies to the AGS-17 in the GUV fixed forward firing pod (and various 40mm grenade launchers that were fitted to Western helicopters). I agree that it may not be a good idea.

I would like to be able to adjust the elevation on the GUV pods. IRL this can be done by ground crew.

Cargo cam looks real good.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

News No. 19

News No. 19

Activated the next switch. This time led to the switch of a guard of switching of the mode of firing of a nasal machine gun of PKT (at us it is not realized). The cabin became," well almost all clickable"! It is a little more and.......... :)

6483456.jpg

are we getting pkt at nose? if not what happens when we hit this button?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I'm guessing it's linked to the fan which is on top of it. ;)

The fan switches are on the triangular panels. Not sure if they work yet.

The switch that sits in front of the fan has to do with the nose mounted machine gun that is not available a for the Mi-8 at this point.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

looks like it is just swich for now. you can frighten the enemy by opening this siwich as a bluff :D

• Like 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

News No.20

News No.20

"ПРОВЕРКА ЗАЖИГАН" (Ignition check) switch is now active. It has "ЛЕВ." (left) and "ПРАВ." (right) positions.

6552461.jpg

Mentioned switch is designated to check ignition module after its replacement. No other usage of that particular switch is covered by official documents.

But our technicians managed in combat action and severe environment to use that system for engines start, whether it's the not planned shut down or failed startup. Of course if these accidents are not related to engines being damaged or having problems.

For example, both engine flameout (or severe turbo compressor RPM drop) while flying in snow ( rain) storm. In fact these weather conditions are common for northen territories. The core of the matter is that TV3-117 engine's startup automatics don't have self-blocking and can interfere the work flow of fuel automatics (or even shut down the engine) in any engine's duty cycle. The sufficient condition for such a case could be a short time turbine interstage air pulse.

On the one hand such ideology means reliable engine protection from severe consequences (fire or disintegration) having engine compressor surge (engine will simply shut down), on the other - endanger the crew.

One time portion of 180 gramms of water or 300 gramms of snow is sufficient for engine's flameout.

Otherwise in combat action engine's startup is compromised, but helicopter needs to get in the air promptly. In common conditions engine's reignition is allowed only after turbo compressor complete stop.

"ПРОВЕРКА ЗАЖИГАН" (Ignition check) switch makes it possible to start engine unless turbo compressor RPM are not lower than 45%. Open shut off valve and put ignition check switch in starting engine position.

Engine will startup - it's checked.

Try, know hardware You are working with. :)

That information is granted by an elite airman, technician and our community member Vert-117. And he gets a special thanks for that.

Translated by - 7246389.jpg Laivynas Moderator/ED Testers Team

Edited by AlexandrT

Thanks AlexandrT, looking forward to testing the switch. Keep the improvements coming please.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE