WebGUI down?

jers

Web GUI Down

Getting a message on our dedicated server interface that the WebGUI is under maintenance. Is there an expected ETA until we can use this again?

Same error on our server as well.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

Yeah and that little Box needs to be moved up where it's a little easier to see :/ I didn't even notice it down in the cornor

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Im having a tough time getting my server off of pause when it starts. I changed all of the server setting files to pause on start false and yet it still starts paused and I cant seem to unpause it. I used to just use the web gui to do that.

I cant imagine how to change this because now I cant host at all.

webgui

Since last patch.

Webgui constantly under maintenance msg .. DCS displays wrong port for server (use to work) server comes up in game server list sometimes with a port sometime without... sometimes both

I cannot connect remotely like I use to, and nothing display locally from index.html.. I use to host on port 10309, reverted back to default 10308 and changed forwarding in router..

still no joy.

any advice eagle ?

cheers

was working just fine

System: I7 7700K - Delidded. TT Cooler. 32GB 3000hz Ram, Gigabyte Aorus Ext 1080TI, SSD's, Corsair Gold 850W PSU, Philips 4K 40inch 60hz monitor, Dell 22inch Touch + Helios, Rift S, VKB MCG PRO, TM TPR pedals, TM Warthog throttle with slew mod and twist repair

I am also suffering the web gui maintenance issue. It worked and then it didnt. I cannot control my servers.

Check this out. My friend in the same city, who also runs servers with gui, can not only still control his servers with web gui but he can log into my account (with my permission) and control my servers just fine from his computer. When he logged in and found my servers in the DCS list he clicked on them and brought up the web gui and set them for me.

How the hell can he do that and I cant? All ports open and I tried several different ports. Also he connected through team viewer and checked all my settings. It should be working!

I am also suffering the web gui maintenance issue. It worked and then it didnt. I cannot control my servers.

Check this out. My friend in the same city, who also runs servers with gui, can not only still control his servers with web gui but he can log into my account (with my permission) and control my servers just fine from his computer. When he logged in and found my servers in the DCS list he clicked on them and brought up the web gui and set them for me.

How the hell can he do that and I cant? All ports open and I tried several different ports. Also he connected through team viewer and checked all my settings. It should be working!

This must just be a problem trying to control your server remotely via ED's page, as opposed to locally. If it works from someone else's machine, it sounds like an ISP issue on your side. or a DNS cache issue on your computer.

Edited by blkspade

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this, if it could be solved from our side of things? My server guy who has local access is heading away on Sunday and i would really like to regain control of the server remotely before then. Short of that i'm just hoping it pops back up as it was before wednesday.

Edited by Shadow.D.

I've tried logging with once cleared all forms of cache, I've tried running through a vpn in multiple locations, I've just to login on a phone on data... All with no success, I really don't see how this is something on 'our' side seeing as one day it was working and then suddenly shit loads of people are having issues, I would completely understand that it could be 'our' issue if it was a very very small amount of people but it's not. AND still we have heard nothing from them, they just seem to ignore this stuff.... Like not even a "Missing Track" tag :P

This example of my fix assumes you have the new web gui set up properly and it used to work but doesnt now. What we were all used to is going to DCS web page, logging in and in profile we would ping our servers and click on the server and web gui would open and we could access and control the server. That stopped for some of us.

Now what I need to do for my 2 servers (release and open beta) is to creat a shortcut for each games index.html and run that and manually enter the port associated with the autoexec.cfg that is inside each instance folder of each server.

You will need to locate your Instance folder you made to use the new web gui style server. I called mine Instance 1 and Instance 2. You may have called them something else. You will also need to get into your DCS install folder. All the way into Webgui folder as noted below.

During the setup of the Instance folder for your server you possibly created an autoexec.cfg file inside the config folder. We will need to get to this file. What we did was added (with note++)

webgui_port = 12345

(12345 is any port you have opened. I dont think it matters which port but the port specified above cannot be used by DCS servers you run. Choose a completely different port that is open.)

So again this autoexec with the aformentioned code goes inside the config folder which is inside the Instance folder that you created when you set up the new style server. We then created a shortcut from the index.html that is inside your

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\WebGUI

We put this shortcut of index.html on the desktop because it is convenient. Also for convenience we renamed it Admin Open Beta 12345 The reason we put the port number as part of the name is because it is a reminder of what to enter when the web gui will pops up. Run that shortcut. When web gui opens and the connect box is there enter the port used to creat the autoexec.cfg inside the instance folder.

You need to literally enter the last digit of the port a few times in the connect box to get it to see your server. I have no idea why. If you put it in too fast it may give you the Server not responding message even though you know your servers are running (and they should be running at this time if you expect to connect). If it does this then just reenter the last digit and wait. Keep doing it and it should connect and display your server details.

Edited by backstab

Thanks BackStab, unfortunately your fix isn't working for me but very thankful for a response.

Although I've had this issue now for 5 days, up until this morning I could run the index.html file locally and get on our server to make changes but now I no longer even have local access. Thus to change the mission I have to create a new local server within DCS.

Hopefully there will be a fix shortly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

If this helps, its only affecting me when using Microsoft edge. When I do, i get the maintenance message as well as not being able to connect using the local webgui.

As I normally use chrome i wasn't seeing this, so became curious.

Cheers

MSI Z170X-Gaming 5, Intel 6700K, 32G RAM, RTX2080ti, Samsung SSD gaming drive, Samsung SSD System drive, RIFT CV1, TM Warthog Hotas, TPR peddles, Gamtrix Jetseat

I got all excited when I read your comment Shindawg but alas didn’t fix it for me. Tried Firefox as well but same issue. Thanks for your thoughts anyway. Have a great day..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I shut down the servers last night and when I put them up this morning I noticed that the names had been changed back to "DCS Server" from the names I gave them. That means that something changed the Serversettings.lua. I manually changed them back but I can still control the servers with my method.

I get the sense that the servers arent down. They appear down to those who have had their settings unwittingly misconfigured due to something at DCS. I too was unable to control the servers for a week. My buddy in the same city had no issues at all. This is why I say the servers arent down. If they were he wouldnt be running his servers perfectly uninterrupted.

WebGUI appears to be working after installing latest hot fix... Thank you ED.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, looks like I spoke too soon. The "Webgui is currently on maintenance", is no longer there when accessing directly but can not use the add mission files "+ button". Just comes up with a blank file manager with no method to add files.

Also when accessing from another pc on the same network I still get the "Webgui is currently on maintenance" error. They must be working on it because now we have different problems. Fingers crossed, won’t be long now...!

F.Y.I. I’ve personally found with this new server fault that the easiest way for me to load or change missions on the server is to edit the mission file name in the serversettings.lua file, then reboot the server. As I can do this remotely quite easily.

Ava Good’n...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Webui still does not work either remotely or locally via index.html. permissions through router and firewall and anti virus are all checked. no idea... have tried ports 10309 for my server and default for my gaming machine. no joy... ED do you need logs for this one or is it in the bag ?

System: I7 7700K - Delidded. TT Cooler. 32GB 3000hz Ram, Gigabyte Aorus Ext 1080TI, SSD's, Corsair Gold 850W PSU, Philips 4K 40inch 60hz monitor, Dell 22inch Touch + Helios, Rift S, VKB MCG PRO, TM TPR pedals, TM Warthog throttle with slew mod and twist repair

Webui still does not work either remotely or locally via index.html. permissions through router and firewall and anti virus are all checked. no idea... have tried ports 10309 for my server and default for my gaming machine. no joy... ED do you need logs for this one or is it in the bag ?

Locally works fine as it is all local. No need to open any ports there, just type in 8088 or the port you set in autoexec.cfg

But through the ED shop pages, it is still down.