DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

If you ned some testing with some modules, let me know.

Every module on my side but sadly just Warthog and Ruder Pedals.

I'm looking to implement an alternative profile swap system that doesn't rely on MFDs (but MFDs will still be primary if you have them). Once I start developing and testing that I'll definitely drop you a line!

Hey HomeFries,

I have the profile running good, I just noticed I did not see any ACM Modes for the Pilot on the stick??

These are crucial to have when in WVR.. Everything else seems ok for now.. I did not spend a lot of time messing with it and this is all I noticed so far.. thank you for the profile..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I have the profile running good, I just noticed I did not see any ACM Modes for the Pilot on the stick??

Thanks, Neph. I've been spending so much time in the RIO pit i didn't even notice that switch (or thought it was RIO functionality with the exception of PLM). I'll add that to H3 in lieu of the display swapping.

Hi Home Fries,

Really been using the A10C profile lately as well as some of the more advanced settings and I noticed something recently. No matter what, I can't seem to get the Reset Trim functionality that is defaulted to S3+H1Down (with a double tap ) to work. The padlock views all work with S3+H1Up, S3+H1L and S3+ H1R, and even the TrackIR pause and unpause are working fine, but no matter what, the Trim Reset doesn't. When I press those keys, the game just adjusts trim downward. I checked the bindings and I think its set properly. The binding is currently listed under Thrustmaster Combined as JOY_BTN30 + JOY_BTN32 + JOY_BTN_POV1_D (pic attached).

If I use the game default of LControl+T, trim does reset correctly.

Any ideas?

I really love CTS and am using it daily and am astounded by all the functionality you have built into these profiles. Thanks for all your hard work.

Madmatt

1013169943_trimreset.jpg.ee6ab1c17894bee7c56689a286416f60.jpg

Edited by Madmatt_BFC

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

Ha Homefries, seeing some oddity with the AV8 Profile since latest OB release, a lot of stuff has stopped working, I don't know if RB has changes aload of stuff in there controls?

Items that seem messed up include lights mode, probe, nws, and several more

Edited by tea_cypher
Update

Hi Fellas,

I will put those issues in the bugtracker and address them in due time. Right now, I'm swamped at work (and it will be even more intense over the next three weeks), and every minute of my free time is dedicated to coding (alright, and testing :D ) the F-14 profile.

The 2.31 release with a working Tomcat should be out very shortly with improvements to follow. :thumbup: At that point, I can split my time with the other bugs.

@Cypher, I didn't notice any changes in the AV-8B controller lua files. Can you actuate the controls in the Options menu and just not in game?

I have tried to reload the profile, restarted the game / pc, etc etc, just seems a lot of the toggles etc are no longer behaving.

No to menu, I have to be resetting stuff.

Update: Ok seems my custom lula had been over written, copied it all back over and it worked

Edited by tea_cypher

Version 2.31 is released, along with the Mighty Tomcat!

For those of you who use MFD4CTS (aka MFDisplay), the F-14 update for MFD4CTS is forthcoming. In the meantime, to take advantage of the new features (most notably the changing of graphics when cycling cockpits), go to the mfdsettings.config using a text editor like Notepad++ and replace this line:

<add moduleName="F-14" displayName="F-14B Tomcat" filename="F-14\DCS F14 MFD.jpg" />

with the following lines:

<add moduleName="F-14P" displayName="F-14 Tomcat (Pilot)" filename="F-14\DCS F14Plt MFD.jpg" />
   <add moduleName="F-14R" displayName="F-14 Tomcat (RIO)" filename="F-14\DCS F14RIO MFD.jpg" />
   <add moduleName="F-14PHV" displayName="F-14 HiVis (Pilot)" filename="_High Contrast MFDs\DCS F14Plt MFD HiVis.jpg" />
   <add moduleName="F-14RHV" displayName="F-14 HiVis (RIO)" filename="_High Contrast MFDs\DCS F14RIO MFD HiVis.jpg" />

Great job Home Fries! Thanks for getting it out so quickly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Hey guys! is there anyway to turn off the F"menus" when using any radios? if i use ptt or com1 or 2 the upper right hand menu comes on and messes me all up when i actually want to goto the f6 or f10 map..TIA!

You can turn off "CommState Allow" in the CTS Communications menu under the Values tab. You can also disable CommState on the fly pressing SYM Down on the RMFD when in the profile hotswap mode.

Hey HF! Thank you so much for adding the F14.

I have Vaicom/SRS setup and When I import your TARGET DCS PTT Imports v2_10.vap it seems to me the buttons are reversed for Comm1 & Comm2

Transmit TX1 - Joy BTN - 20

Transmit TX2 - Joy BTN - 22

After I run the CTS profile and test:

Comm 1 (Mic fwd) is Joy BTN 22

Comm 2 (Mic aft) is Joy BTN 20

also:

PTT Common (mic middle button) and Mic up are bound to same button.

Edited by maestro72x

Hey HF! Thank you so much for adding the F14.

I have Vaicom/SRS setup and When I import your TARGET DCS PTT Imports v2_10.vap it seems to me the buttons are reversed for Comm1 & Comm2

Transmit TX1 - Joy BTN - 20

Transmit TX2 - Joy BTN - 22

After I run the CTS profile and test:

Comm 1 (Mic fwd) is Joy BTN 22

Comm 2 (Mic aft) is Joy BTN 20

also:

PTT Common (mic middle button) and Mic up are bound to same button.

This all works with SRS. VAICOM with SRS PTT Mapping enabled is supposed to cover down on this. I'm not sure what's up, but I set it to work with SRS. For now, just mentally swap TX1 and TX2; hopefully this gets sorted soon.

WRT the PTT Common, this is by design for now. It also works with the intercom function in SRS.

Another issue I seem to have from time to time if CTS/TARGET profile is running and close the script it will mute my discord and the only way to get it back on is to run the cts profile again its like its locked down. I do have mapped my mic switches to mute discord when I am using in games comms.

*edit: I tried this on a 2nd PC with essentially a fresh DCS/CTS install and no VR and can confirm RIO related issues like Warthog trim position switching and APU/Lantirn functionality persist, or I'm stupid twice :) Also I cleaned up some of the bullets

I wanted to inquire about a few issues I'm having with the F-14. Apologies if this has been covered, I tried to read the documentation and this thread for tidbits. Seeing as I'm apparently the only one experiencing this stuff I'm going to assume it's just me and hopefully provide enough information to get pointed in the right direction. Some of these issues are likely just because of a very complex and new CTS profile but thought I'd surface them. If there is a better way to do so like Discord, please let me know.

CTS Version: 2.31a

Warthog VR User

Head Tracking Hardware set = 2 | Default POV Hat Function in VR = 1 |

Issues:

• Station switching via HAT does not appear to work, I can do it via keyboard but actually have to hold S3 to go back to pilot
  • Wheel braking via paddle seems ignore the decoupling option that applies to other profiles (this is minor and I didn't look too far into it tbh)
  • RIO Lantirn mode toggle via APU seemingly does not work, my axis defaults to the little warthog nub, I checked both stick and also toggling wht/blk hot options to verify

Loosely informed feedback

• Unsure if this is intentional, but fuel dump toggle seems to be reversed off/on vs the landing light
  • Swap MFD right top / bottom rows to more resemble the actual console layout
  • For VR (or shifted) would the FOV zoom be better served as a legit DLC wheel or analog flaps?
  • Tailhook up/down seemingly missing, while I know it's a bit 'off brand' for you perhaps a S3 Long on the stick MMC button? Otherwise, personal preference is losing landing lights (redundant to MFD) as a switch and move that to an S3 pinky switch. Worst case map to one of the open MFD slots
  • For open MFD positions, unless you had some ideas already down I'd suggest adding canopy control and a secondary catapult hook-up. In use, I've found it's not overly difficult to inadvertently disconnect from the cat and careen off into the drink trying to salute.

Things I've tried to solve my own problem

• Did a full CTS update
  • Imported, and then reimported very carefully the KB and WH binds into the right areas
  • Toggled the VR and trim related general settings to see if that was it
  • Read the documentation provided

Thanks for your help, this aside I'm LOVING the profile - great work as always. The MFD mappings are great!

Edited by Stal2k

Station switching via HAT does not appear to work, I can do it via keyboard but actually have to hold S3 to go back to pilot

Nice catch. I don't use VR, so my testing it is limited. I'm in the process of rebuilding the global process, and I'll have a fix in for 2.32 very shortly.

Wheel braking via paddle seems ignore the decoupling option that applies to other profiles (this is minor and I didn't look too far into it tbh)

You need to make sure the logical gear state is up for the decouple to work. if gear state is down, it will default to wheelbrakes. LED2 on the LMFD tells you your logical state (on for gear down), but if you're in VR you can set the number of MFDs to 0 and get a WAV file played whenever gear state changes. Later on I'll make this a separate variable or automatically apply it for VR.

RIO Lantirn mode toggle via APU seemingly does not work, my axis defaults to the little warthog nub, I checked both stick and also toggling wht/blk hot options to verify

That's an artifact of being unable to change stations with VR. You should have access to it in 2.32.

Unsure if this is intentional, but fuel dump toggle seems to be reversed off/on vs the landing light

The switch in the plane is down to actuate. This mirrors the plane even if it is counterintuitive. I may make an option to reverse it at a later time.

Swap MFD right top / bottom rows to more resemble the actual console layout

Concur. Already done for 2.32.

For VR (or shifted) would the FOV zoom be better served as a legit DLC wheel or analog flaps?

You really don't need an analog DLC axis since it is auto-centering IRL, and flaps are normally binary, not analog. I am open to suggestions for VR users though.

Tailhook up/down seemingly missing, while I know it's a bit 'off brand' for you perhaps a S3 Long on the stick MMC button? Otherwise, personal preference is losing landing lights (redundant to MFD) as a switch and move that to an S3 pinky switch. Worst case map to one of the open MFD slots

I'm in agreement on this, and I'd really like to map the tailhook. I normally use the Radar Altimeter switch for the hook, but I felt it was more important to map the SAS switches that are manually disabled in ACM. I could put it on the Left fuel flow, but that switch is very difficult to get to when the throttle is forward, which is why i put it to taxi light (which is normally just set on the ground). I'm open to suggestions, as this profile is a work in progress and I just wanted to get something out for everybody to use.

For open MFD positions, unless you had some ideas already down I'd suggest adding canopy control and a secondary catapult hook-up. In use, I've found it's not overly difficult to inadvertently disconnect from the cat and careen off into the drink trying to salute.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for your help, this aside I'm LOVING the profile - great work as always. The MFD mappings are great!

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the compliments.

2.32 is out.

Change Log:

• Fixed compatibility with DCS 2.5.4.29167
  • Fixed station switching for VR users

F-14 Tomcat:

• Added APU switch engine start (Warthog Throttle)
  • Added Pilot and RIO SnapViews to Hat 3
  • Pilot RMFD: Switched Steering Control and lighting rows
  • Pilot LMFD: Additional functionality
  • Swapped Chaff and Flare positions on Throttle and MFD
  • Warthog: Swapped TCS FOV and TCS Slave on Throttle

Updated diff.luas since 2.31: F-14

Updated custom Lua: none

Updated SnapViews: 2.32

F-14B Profile: Discrete State Weapons Select now "locked in"

Hi Home Fries,

This is a great evolution of the profile. Thanks for that!

Since the update I notice that the setting for discrete weapons select vs. sequential select seems to be ignored in this latest version. The profile stays on discrete selection regardless of whether the choice is set for "0" or "1". Can you reproduce this on your side?

overalien

System specs:

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Been doing some troubleshooting because I have been having issues with Windows 10 not removing the Throttle and Joystick when I run my CTS profile. What I found out if I run cts profile as soon as Windoze boots up it will always remove the devices and create the one virtual device. If i wait and windows boots up fully it will not remove the devices and leave them as game controllers. Maybe its a service that is mucking with the Target software. So for now everytime I want to use profile I just logoff .. log back in and run the CTS shortcut I made as soon as I get a desktop screen and it works like a charm and not to mention it doesnt take 1 min or so to connect and setup my Virtual stick.. its like super fast to make the virtual controller and removes the standard devices as it should. Tried putting the shortcut in "startup" but it doesnt seem to work yet.. might try a batch file next.

Been doing some troubleshooting because I have been having issues with Windows 10 not removing the Throttle and Joystick when I run my CTS profile. What I found out if I run cts profile as soon as Windoze boots up it will always remove the devices and create the one virtual device. If i wait and windows boots up fully it will not remove the devices and leave them as game controllers. Maybe its a service that is mucking with the Target software. So for now everytime I want to use profile I just logoff .. log back in and run the CTS shortcut I made as soon as I get a desktop screen and it works like a charm and not to mention it doesnt take 1 min or so to connect and setup my Virtual stick.. its like super fast to make the virtual controller and removes the standard devices as it should. Tried putting the shortcut in "startup" but it doesnt seem to work yet.. might try a batch file next.

I have found that unplugging all USB Assets in your HOTAS Group for Target (Throttle, Stick, Pedals, MFDs) and plugging them in exactly the same ports also sorts out this problem after a restart or log-off log-on. (I use a Hub with a switch to achieve this easily - switch off . switch on).

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

Is there an option to switch the Shift button - I'm finding it hard to keep a hold on S3 whilst reaching for something else on the stick. S2/Master mode would suit me better - appreciate this would probably be complex to configure though.

Alternatively, can you have more than one button set as shift? Don't think so, but the speedbrake temporary back would be good for shifted states on the stick leaving S3 for shifted states on the throttle.

Edited by Magic Man

Is there an option to switch the Shift button - I'm finding it hard to keep a hold on S3 whilst reaching for something else on the stick. S2/Master mode would suit me better - appreciate this would probably be complex to configure though.

Alternatively, can you have more than one button set as shift? Don't think so, but the speedbrake temporary back would be good for shifted states on the stick leaving S3 for shifted states on the throttle.

The shift mechanism is global, so there won't be any changes to this. The big reason for using S3 (other than it's legacy roots with the TM FLCS) is that you can use your pinky finger and still use your thumbs for other buttons. Applying the modifier to a thumb halves the amount of shifted commands you can effectively use.