Invisible then make it visible

pepin1234

Hi. I am making a mission where I do an interception. I just want to do it as realistic as possible.

The AI spotted you so easy so I want to set my interceptor invisible and then make it visible.

I want to use the condition when the interceptor shot for the first time then turn invisibility off (so visible)

Also I am thinking when the interceptor get into the moving zone on the bandit, then make interceptor visible on.

for the moment I don't find the way to do it. Some help?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You'll find perform command-> invisible on/off in the triggered actions menu. You can activate this using AI TASK PUSH when the desired conditions are met (MISSILE IN ZONE/UNIT INSIDE MOVING ZONE/etc.)

thanks. I know how make it invisible. The problem is how make it visible back again, so I start mission as invisible, how turn to visible?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think feefifofum was suggesting having two triggers, one for on, one for off.

Alternatively, the triggers have a "Stop Condition" that you can set to be triggered by a flag. So for example when you are in the trigger radius, set a flag on and set the Stop Condition for the invisible command to be that flag.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I think feefifofum was suggesting having two triggers, one for on, one for off.

Alternatively, the triggers have a "Stop Condition" that you can set to be triggered by a flag. So for example when you are in the trigger radius, set a flag on and set the Stop Condition for the invisible command to be that flag.

ho yeah after a while I got what he mean. work perfect now. thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 10 months later...
Hi. I am making a mission where I do an interception. I just want to do it as realistic as possible.

The AI spotted you so easy so I want to set my interceptor invisible and then make it visible.

I want to use the condition when the interceptor shot for the first time then turn invisibility off (so visible)

Also I am thinking when the interceptor get into the moving zone on the bandit, then make interceptor visible on.

for the moment I don't find the way to do it. Some help?

Can you describe how you finally made it?

I don't find any stop condition for "invisible" command.

If I uncheck "enable task" option for invisible and make it separate trigger it also doesn't work.

Извините за внимание

This is no longer necessary at all. AI are no longer capable of detecting aircraft outside of the LoS of their pilot or instruments.

Stop condition is not available for the invisible command. It must be manually turned on/off via Advanced Waypoint Actions or Triggered Actions and AI TASK PUSH.

Edited by feefifofum

It must be manually turned on/off via Advanced Waypoint Actions or Triggered Actions and AI TASK PUSH.
That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but with no success.

Let's say I have a trigger area outside which aircraft should be invisible, but once again vulnerable inside.

I tried to make it through AI Push several ways, but it doesn't turn off invisibility.

In fact, as you mentioned, there is no turn off invisibility option at all.

Is it represented by "enable task" box? Doesn't seem so, I tried to make 2 triggers "invisible Task enabled" and "invisible Task disabled", but it has no effect.

If the condition for invisibility expires (aircraft is no longer outside of the trigger zone) aircraft also doesn't lose invisibility.

Maybe I should try Switched condition? Don't know.

Edited by solus

Извините за внимание

Both aircraft are set as invisible. When they are within 10 nautical miles of each other, the invisibility will toggle off and they will detect each other and engage.

Thank you, appreciate it indeed!

The Value box was the secret key to turn it on or off... Now I know it!:thumbup:

Извините за внимание

• 1 year later...

Just randomly searching forums, so a bit late to reply on this, but for a realistic feel I use the weapon hold ROE for the AI, then set weapon free at a random waypoint.

Pretty nice to fly alongside an A-50 flanked by a couple of Su33s that ignore you completely whilst you get in close, take a few pictures, flip the bird or whatever.

Then suddenly they turn on you, never know if they will…or not at all !

Even more realism, weapon free if you damage one, or enter enemy airspace.