Updates disappointing.

Capn kamikaze

I think they did a good job communicating that they were working on some of the bigger Hornet systems and updates would slow down somewhat. I would understand dissapointment if you didn’t catch that message and were expecting the same level that has been the norm since release.

Until the whiners in the community fully understand what Early Access means, this argument will go on forever.

The idiots want the latest and greatest, spend their money and complain that ED have delivered an unfinished product. It makes my brain hurt.

If you want the full, finished product, wait for it to be FINISHED. Don't be buying Early Access. You'll just be disappointed and we'll all have to deal with your incessant complaints on Facebook, and these forums.

Until the whiners in the community fully understand what Early Access means, this argument will go on forever.

The idiots want the latest and greatest, spend their money and complain that ED have delivered an unfinished product. It makes my brain hurt.

If you want the full, finished product, wait for it to be FINISHED. Don't be buying Early Access. You'll just be disappointed and we'll all have to deal with your incessant complaints on Facebook, and these forums.

Nailed it.

awjudge, we are not idiots, and we know what EA means, the point is that progress seems incredibly slow right now, just look at the latest update list for the Hornet, and what we do see seems more like very very minor tweaks, more like bug fixes than added features.

To be quite honest I'd rather see features added and then later on do the bug fixing because at least at that point you have two things going for you both from our perspective and from ED's, you have the features out there, and you have thousands of people beta testing them as soon as possible and for a longer time, which is going to help with any bugs that are caused by features interacting with each other in unexpected ways, if you're chasing a bug and fix it and then introduce a new feature that breaks something again, then you have to do a second fix, it's got to be more logical to get the features in place, then bug fix.

Lastly theOden is right, there is a bit too much sucking up like behaviour in the community, as if you think that's going to achieve something, no need to be "teachers pets", it won't gain you anything.

Bottom line is we are customers, and if I feel, and I do, that there is something wrong in the approach to it when you have a list of like a dozen fixes/features in an update for a module that is firstly not made by ED but by a 3rd party, for example the Viggen, and only 2-3 for ED's current flagship model, well sorry, that's my opinion and I have every right to voice it without being called an idiot or part of a group of "idiots" for doing so, in other words awjudge, jog on!

awjudge' date=' we are not idiots, and we know what EA means,[...']

Bottom line is we are customers,

Doesn't compute.....

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Personally, I have parked the Hornet until it is more feature ready.

I'm patient though, and am happy to use other modules until ED are 'finished' the hornet. It'll be worth it.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Personally, I have parked the Hornet until it is more feature ready.

I'm patient though, and am happy to use other modules until ED are 'finished' the hornet. It'll be worth it.

Feeling the same way about it, gone back to the Harrier recently, the Hornet is more like TEA rather than EA.

Whisper it does compute' date=' you just don't want to "compute" it.[/quote']

Next time, don't suck it (like you point others do) and don't put your money into a process you disagree with. THIS will be usefull and show ED something is wrong.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

What Cap'n kamikaze doesn't seem to realise is that he waived any 'rights' to 'timely' updates and 'progress' when he signed up for the Early Access.

ED haven't promised anything around timelines, so to be upset when things are moving slowly is just daft.

If The F18 was a finished product, that would be a different matter.

I don't get the sense of this thread. You want more updates in the list? No problem, remember the good old times when we had no announcement of features to come and patches every 3-6 weeks. Will be a nice changelog at least.

Btw nobody has fun with a new hornet feature while DCS core is crashing or MP is broken so updating the framework is more important then some individual module issues.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is pretty incredible to read this kind of thread. We are still waiting for fixes for the Ka 50 that came out in 2009, and some are complaining for a module that just came out.

Personally I am just happy about the Hornet and the frequent patches, but a question come to my mind: how is it possible that there are fixes for a product made in 2009? Do you find it normally that after 10 years you still have to fix bugs of such an old modul?

I am not complaining at all but your statement could sound like " your F18 will be ready in 10 years from now"....this is not a good point from a company who already got our money.

:smilewink:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

And no, the Tomcat is not releasing with all its features on day one. Dont know where you got that from, BlueAngel.

Seems like F-35 style isn't going well in the real world ... maybe in the future people will be asking the question of if alpha releases really make sense in the end.

I'm not sure if it's the customer anticipation or what, but I know for my self I wouldn't have something so early that it would be half done, except I'm pondering over the current Hornet+Persian deal a lot so I'm not perfect (it's not like it won't get done, it will get constantly updated until it gets there), if something is done earlier than it's possible to build it, it probably wouldn't be that same product at all.

So if you want to have something early, you'll have to deal with the bugs I guess.

I'm more of a core DCS World updates buff, I always like ME and the core updates, let the aircraft experts focus on their fields and let them enjoy the meat of it, while I make sure the scenery and details are tidied up, heh.

There's still some powerful ME features ... like ability to fuse/connect waypoints to create shapes which would be great for patrol paths, ability to select which runway to spawn (runway slots) which gives you ability to also control the direction which you fly from the airport when taking off.

I think that now I see some airfield are designed to be taken off and/or landed only from one end, not sure if this is a super-strict rule, but I guess in a military situation you'd be able to do it from any side, so I doubt the militaries would be respecting civilian rules in the middle of a war.

EDIT: Actually, I've just now modified my little mod I done 5 months ago to work on latest version, there's a lot of undocumented changes with weapon weights, position offsets, pylons, textures, display names, that I already witnessed before and now again so certianly the changelog can't be taken that literally, it's barely in english too.

EDIT2: Rocket launchers have better weight management, it's all separated per rocket and launcher housing, it suggest that when you will launch rockets, the weight of each rocket will be deduced from the total weight, unline previously if you launched all you'd still be having the full weight, but maybe earlier it was using a script and deduced the whole weight, but don't take my word for it.

EDIT3: It's very much possible stuff may be partially or not completely implemented and may be included in changelog later when it actually is working.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

We pay ED to be part of EA - that's simple

(..)

I am not complaining at all but your statement could sound like " your F18 will be ready in 10 years from now"....this is not a good point from a company who already got our money.

:smilewink:

Well, if it takes ED years to complete this jet we - early access users - have paid to be part of this journey and also mature together with the product. Recently Wags said that the median of the user base is 25-55 years old, that means there is a good chance that most of us will be still alive when the jest gets completed.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I agree. In fact I do not buy anithing stated as "early access" but I always wait until in released status. But...

We are still waiting for fixes for the Ka 50 that came out in 2009, and some are complaining for a module that just came out.

Yes, I buy only released products, and I play on stable branch, but (especially from when 2.5 came out) I dealt with a lot of unexpected bugs and issues, even playing in stable version and with released products. Some of them fixed, some not jet (i.e. ka-50 cockpit light switches). Moreover, there are some products declared as released but not properly finished (Uh-1h for example). Thus, I think buying only released products is more a philosophical attitude than a real way to avoid bugs, dealing with a complex and always-in-development product like DCS. You have to accept this as It is, if you like DCS (and I like It). This does not mean that ka-50 Is not finished after 9 years. This means ka-50 slowly keeps developing to follow a constantly developing platform like DCS. And this brings bugs, I think it's inevitable.

Simple answer. Buy the Tomcat and park the Hornet. That's my plan.

That definately makes it easier to wait for new features in the Hornet. I've been waiting for the addition of some new toys for weeks now, but nevertheless there's always enough to play around with. IIRC the last feature added was the HOBS for the AIM-9X by the end of August. After that just fixes, but not the ones I'm waiting for, speaking about personal preferences... rdlaugh.png

ED said the pace was going to slow down due to the complexity of things, also don't forget they're putting together MAC right now as well, they've got a rough release date they want to hit rainbowdashwink.png

All in all I'd say you can't blame 'em, they're doing a great job. This isn't a team with hundreds of employees that just shells out the same crap every year in a remastered fashion rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

And no, the Tomcat is not releasing with all its features on day one. Dont know where you got that from, BlueAngel.

Right here...

8:25 in...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.