Debolestis Shapeways shop

I need help with speed brake / dogfight switch on Cougar throttle. I was requested to make a housing for it. I don't have Cougar but I have older TQS, I thought parts would be identical but they were not. Only photo I have is from Flyfoxy's warranty list, but it is very small.

casing.jpg

There are photos of aftermarket aluminum parts:

T9_1.jpg

T9_2.jpg

I need help with measurements.

Thank you!

I have a throttle I need to open up soon, if you haven't got the dimensions by then I can make a dimensioned drawing, there are a lot of features that req measurements, but I'm interested in these myself for reasons you can probably imagine :)

These aftermarket metal ones are also corrected for actuation angle, to orient the slide action the correct direction as it's slightly off on TM's throttle grip.

Thank you so much. How many degrees is correction angle?

These could be printed in aluminium, price will be acceptable.

I don't remember offhand, but looking on FlyFoxy Cougar site where those switch cases were derived suggests 10deg counterclockwise.

http://www.cougar.flyfoxy.com/mods.php#speedbrake

http://www.cougar.flyfoxy.com/mods.php#IJ_casing

There is a new discount on Shapeways.

"Orange, the favorite color of the Dutch, is on sale, as well as Red, White, and Blue – colors of the Netherlands' flag are 15% off too. This sale runs through 11:59 PM PDT today so get your King's Day orders in now! Use code KINGSDAY2017 at checkout."

I need some feedback. Did anybody used 13deg angled tailpiece with an extension on Warthog? A photo would be much apreciated. Thank you!

Well, the question above was asked after I exchanged some PM with debolestis, and as no one seems to have done it before, I went away and ordered the angled tailpiece. Bad side is that my country Customs made a "mistake" on tax calc and I ended up paying U$90 total for having it in my hands - a hefty step from original $12, but I'm sure this is a "privilege" only for those living in Brazil.

Would like to thank debolestis again for doing this for the community. The comfort provided by flying with a somewhat inclined joystick (in a central position) is great.

Salute!

P_20170427_172820.jpg

P_20170427_185114.jpg

I am so glad that it worked for you. Can I use your photos on my shapeways store?

Hi debolestis, please use them as you see fit. Thanks again for your work creating these 3D models for us to salvage our Warthogs. :thumbup:

A few more if you wish:

P_20170427_172849.jpg

P_20170427_173102.jpg

P_20170427_173253.jpg

Edited by joker68

• 4 weeks later...

I made a few new models.

I made two versions of RNG knob, used on Cougar/TQS. I made version for 6mm shaft and for 1/4 shaft.

lPtnAqM.png

I had a request for Suncom tailpiece that is 13 degrees angled forward and offset 15 degrees to the left. So i made it and also a version that is only angled forward 13 degrees.

13 degrees forward

sho0tFx.png

13 degrees forward and 15 degrees offset to the left

NgTZCZq.png

Edited by debolestis

Debolestis Shapeways shop

Hi. Can you make about 20cm tailpipe for Suncom for your custom gimbal ? I plan to make center stick. It should maybe be bend so that grip would be off set about 5cm backward

Like this https://goo.gl/images/Z28CfU but not so long ofcourse

Sent when im drunk with my iphone near me :)

Edited by Haukka81

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

https://www.shapeways.com/product/VL6QM4JWK/warthog-throttle-part?optionId=60879173

Can you explain what this part does when installed in the Warthog throttle? If it is what I think it does i'm interested in getting it.

What I think it might do is modify the warthog afterburner detent to a push through rather than what came from thrustmaster which was a pull and push

I'd like more info about it.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/VL6QM4JWK/warthog-throttle-part?optionId=60879173

Can you explain what this part does when installed in the Warthog throttle? If it is what I think it does i'm interested in getting it.

What I think it might do is modify the warthog afterburner detent to a push through rather than what came from thrustmaster which was a pull and push

I'd like more info about it.

You could be right. I draw it for somebody from forum, and I don't know what is purpose of it. I probably changes tension or detente or something like that.

Heh.. I was just suggesting imgur in deadman's thread as well... not sure why so many sim scene folk use unreliable or dysfunctional image hosting when imgur has been there (free) for years and remains the most functional for embedding things you want to share and remain viewable. So many cockpit/peripheral threads have been rendered obsolete because the images associated with them have been wiped out along the way due to unreliable hosting. The only 'gotcha' with imgur is keeping your collection under 400 pics before starting a new account, otherwise you lose pics if you don't pay.

Wow, that's a lot of work but thanks for doing that, it's always a shame when great threads lose the pics that are their backbone. Unrelated, but I never got around to making a measurement/drawing of the speedbrake housings, do you still need those?

It would be great. When you find some time.

Hi, this is a great thread!

My warthog has developed a 1-2 deg rotational play which is quite a lot. I think it's the worn down push-in shafts for X-axis. Could you draw replacement part for those?

I don't own a Warthog. I can make that part if you can measure it precisely with caliper. Draw something on paper with dimensions and is it.

• 1 month later...
I uploaded Cougar gimbal in my store. There are 4 parts, total price is $89,84. This is for white plastics, painted parts cost 1$ more each. That is the cheapest that I could do, I take 2$ per part, all of the rest goes to Shapeways.

Other parts are:

4 x 696ZZ ball bearings.

Screws and nuts, please use stainless steel nuts and screws, only exception are two M6 nuts, they should be made from regular magnetic steel.

- 1 x M6x35 + nut

- 2 x M6x20 + nuts

- 4 x M5x30 + nuts

- 4 x M5x8 + nuts + washers - this is just for decoration

- 4 x M4x25 + nuts

- 2 x M4x35 + nuts

- 4 x M3x8

- 2 x M6 steel nuts

- 2 magnets, D=10mm, d=5mm, h=5mm - R10x05x05ND-N45

- 2 Sensors. I used GVL224 sensors, you can contact him, THIS is his thread. You must tell him that sensors are for +/-20 degrees.

-4 springs like in photo below. Wire thickness is 1,2mm.

NuWps4Y.jpg

Hi!

Sorry for my bad english.

Soon I will buy a gimbal kit for my cougar! Great work! I'm looking for springs. Have you got any links or seller for the good springs? It's very difficult to find the good dimensions...

Have you got a discount code for shapeways? ;-) Thank you in advance!

Edited by calagan57

I added two more products that were requested.

- LEFT HAND paddle lever for Cougar, FLCS and F22

- SFS box for Suncom F15 stick

Q7XpKhK.png

gnGKtKL.jpg

I know that SFS box is not cheap but that was the request.

If you have any other ideas please send me a message.

I added two more products that were requested.

- LEFT HAND paddle lever for Cougar, FLCS and F22

- SFS box for Suncom F15 stick

Q7XpKhK.png

gnGKtKL.jpg

I know that SFS box is not cheap but that was the request.

If you have any other ideas please send me a message.

You should make it the model with the pinky trigger on it (C model?), and perhaps adding a faux collar (the nut with the knurling)

sfs_box4.jpg

sfs-installed.jpg