RED FLAG - AGGRESSOR PVP JUNE - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #111
Coxy_99

Reputation power: 23
Coxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of light

Wouldnt mind giving ATC ago in the next one, Give some other guys a chance to fly.

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A

Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:24 PM   #112
IronMike

Reputation power: 17
IronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy_99 View Post
Wouldnt mind giving ATC ago in the next one, Give some other guys a chance to fly.
Thanks for the offer buddy, will come back to it for sure! The more of you guys get involved, the more things we can make happen! Appreciate it a lot.

Also, I totally forgot to thank =RvE=MicroVax for his great effort to help with Viggens and air to ground scenario, with the training he participated in and the help in the set up for the RECON and air to ground. Much much appreciated.

Also special thank to him for doing the acmi file for us, here it is gents, official tacview done by MicroVax from the server track:

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B6f9...xport=download

Also much thanks to 104th_Knight to helping with the set up and preparation! Well done, buddy!

And also I forgot to thank all the Agressors for their support, the 51st and all our guys for flying so patiently and elaborately their roles! Apart from that I'd like - finally - again thank you all for participating in such a great and disciplined manner and helping us to make this work!

Aaaand special thanks to 104th_Maverick and 104th_Knight who helped to prevent me from exploding when whisper went to shits, lol, I really almost did just that: explode, hahaha!

Well done all, and thank you again for everything - I hope I didnt forget anybody!

S!
104th_IronMike #23

www.104thphoenix.com
IronMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:04 PM   #113
MikeMikeJuliet

Reputation power: 5
MikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy_99 View Post
I might be able to help on that front as well.
MikeMikeJuliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:05 PM   #114
IronMike

Reputation power: 17
IronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMikeJuliet View Post
Thanks, and duely noted!
104th_IronMike #23

www.104thphoenix.com
IronMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:11 PM   #115
Briggers

Reputation power: 0
Briggers is on a distinguished road

Firstly, a huge thanks to IronMike for the massive amount of work and expertise that went into this. Also thanks to MicroVax, the 104th, and 51st guys. To my noob eyes it was an excellent event. It felt very real and was super intense, not to mention a lot of fun.

I learned a huge amount from the briefings, through making many mistakes, and also from the example of excellent wingmen and RedFor.

Feedback: I would echo Onyx's comments in the debrief - there was room for improvement in comms discipline, with a fair amount of excited calls on (I presume) guard and we also heard some one-sided conversations. I understand fox calls should be on guard, but I believe not much else. Perhaps more structure or guidelines are needed here.

I think the lesson from the TS whisper issue is that we should have done the training event in the same manner we expected for the live event. At least that's what Captain Hindsight says.

One tentative idea related to something I raised in the debrief. With so much time spent on preparation, briefing/debriefing and flying the scenario it seems a waste to not extract all the lessons possible. Would it be worth it to run a TacView analysis debriefing? Perhaps this is too much to ask, but I know I would benefit from something like this hugely. As a dead pilot, I'd love to know what I did wrong (killed by Moskva AI performing a pushed CAP).

In summary: spectacular event, and I see far more room for improvement in myself than in even the current status of Red Flag Realism!
Briggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:40 PM   #116
Coxy_99

Reputation power: 23
Coxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMikeJuliet View Post
Yea sure sounds good

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A

Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:09 PM   #117
pyromaniac4002

Reputation power: 8
pyromaniac4002 is a jewel in the roughpyromaniac4002 is a jewel in the roughpyromaniac4002 is a jewel in the roughpyromaniac4002 is a jewel in the roughpyromaniac4002 is a jewel in the roughpyromaniac4002 is a jewel in the rough

I've taken part in a fair few Red Flag events by now and have been one of a few to experience it from both Challenger and Aggressor perspectives; this was far and away the most ambitious and impressive of all the Red Flag efforts to date.

Of course, the added complexity is a double-edged sword and the biggest detractor was the constant struggle to get everyone on the same page and keep them there. SRS would remedy some of the comms problem, but overall cooperation I think may be best addressed by some changes in how command and control (C2) is done. If it is to remain an event open to public participation, which I'm sure it is, it could be a big help to add a second or third guy alongside IronMike (or whoever his replacement may be if he has no wish to risk a repeat of a surely torturous experience) and give each of them different areas of responsibility while they communicate with each other to maintain awareness of the overall situation. But if there were a squadron-only version with people who are familiar with one another and already able to effectively cooperate I could see the "one man show" style of C2 being much more feasible. For the time that I was alive and flying at least, there was a lot of confusion on comms and some packages in particular needed a lot of C2 hand-holding while others understood their function better and were able to operate more autonomously as the "one man show" C2 style rather requires. Basically, if there are more bodies in C2 they can more easily accommodate the necessary hand holding or we can aim for less hand holding to begin with.

I very much liked the inclusion of Rules of Engagement, but in future versions I think it could use some more detail and a greater focus in the pre-mission brief. It would have been helpful if it outlined the appropriate responses for provocations a little better like using STT lock to drive Aggressors back over the FEBA or flying across their nose and dropping flares if the Aggressors ever get some non-fighter component added to their force.

It may also be a little more immersive if the Aggressors don't know the exact details of the Challengers' tasking beforehand, which may end up being a matter of using an "honor system" by virtue of the Challenger side being open to the public, but maybe only general objectives can be laid out and the exact details aren't revealed until the pre-mission brief. Just something to add a bit of the uncertainty factor that we had on the Challenger side. And vice-versa, if the Aggressors get some tasking beyond simple CAP it would be great for the Challengers to have to intercept and establish their intentions before having to decide how to respond given the ROE in effect.

ATC would be a very welcome addition. Perhaps if the extra C2 personnel idea is something you take up, one of them could switch to the role as needed for takeoff/landing ops.

Overall, again this was a tremendous effort and I think it really paid off.. Aside from raising IronMike's blood pressure to dangerous levels, of course. That was much less desirable, but hopefully it won't be a feature of future RFR events with some changes implemented. Thank you 104th and thank you specifically to IronMike! I'm sure no one envied you your task and you did very well to reign in and organize such a massive hodgepodge group.

Can't wait for the next one and I'll definitely be claiming a full 4 slots for my F99th buddies!

Fighting 99th
2nd FS - "The Doctors"
Second to none.
pyromaniac4002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:42 AM   #118
kapitanatatiana

Reputation power: 0
kapitanatatiana is on a distinguished road

I was so bummed that I were not able to fly, Only left person on reserve that couldnt join in. Hopefully next time I get a slot. I suggest having a mission with more air to ground sorties so more strikers may join, as well as ka50s.
kapitanatatiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #119
Trueno

Reputation power: 4
Trueno will become famous soon enoughTrueno will become famous soon enough

Thanks to you Ironmike and the rest of the organizers.
It was a great experience for me. I had never flown with so many people in DCS. I can not wait for the next event. Greetings and we are in touch.
Trueno is online now   Reply With Quote