Possible to have labels off by default but be able to turn them on?

Jamesp1

There's a keyboard command for it iirc.

If you mean Lshift-F10 I use that one to turn them off and then back on if needed, but it meansthat I have to turn the labels off at the start of every mission.

So just checking I'm not missing something that turns them off by default :-)

I suggest asking this in the Mission Builders forum, under Missions and Campaigns. There may be a scripting solution. It's a good question.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

One roundabout way you could try is starting the mission as normal, and then immediately turning off labels. Then save the track. You can then load the track and take control when the labels are off. Unfortunately this only works one mission at a time and will remove randomness from randomized missions.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

If you have unchecked the labels in the gameplay tab, you can turn them on by going into the controls tab, selecting the aircraft, and either using the keyboard button shown for "All Labels," or by binding it to a joystick or throttle button.

Edited by Balzarog
Typos

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1