ATC clears take off then a catastophic head on!

GazAce

Wanting a break from campaign missions for a spell, I tried one called Smerch Hunt and it looks good. Ramp Start done, clearance from Beslan ATC to Taxi then after reaching the end of the Runway I turn and receive the all clear for take off, hurtling down the runway just after I turned off my nose wheel steering my Wingmen is trundling directly towards me! I was actually shocked and by that time *BOOM* and a pretty impressive one at that. Not sure what's goin on there, a glitch perhaps or shonky small airfields? I'll give it another shot but this time I'll check where that bugger is before I get rollin.

pilotfly.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

In 2.1 I've tested wingman taking off with me. They seem to only take off one particular way regardless of wind changes. So maybe you went to the wrong runway and he went to the right one? Or ATC well it isn't that great to start with.

For 1.5 there is a set of fixed missions in the user files on here. Someone went through and fixed a bunch of errors with the default missions and uploaded them.

Hey thanks kindly OJ appreciate that and no I was def at the correct end as its marked 08, oh and hey it gets better. This time I waited for my wingmen to turn out into that area at the end of the runway that's well I guess made for doing just that (not sure what that area is called) anyway I'm sitting there watching this guy cruise up and I'm thinking hmm his wing tip is overlapping the middle of the runway and err so is mine.. ahh she'll be right , he'll turn away. Nope *SLICE KABOOMN!* haha man I've spent like over an hour with this guy trying to kill me. I saved that one , was funny, he ejected so I thought I will to. How does one post saved tracks here? smile.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Wingmen which take the runway with you wait until triggered to begin their takeoff by your motion. Once the wingman takeoff is triggered it does its takeoff without any care of avoiding collision with anyone else.

If your takeoff roll isn't fast enough the wingman's takeoff can catch up, collide, pass, etc.

Wingmen which take the runway with you wait until triggered to begin their takeoff by your motion. Once the wingman takeoff is triggered it does its takeoff without any care of avoiding collision with anyone else.

If your takeoff roll isn't fast enough the wingman's takeoff can catch up, collide, pass, etc.

Thanks Frederf, yea this has happened a few times in the past and I'll know to keep out of his way next time. Beslan is a only little strip and I can see how its pretty easy for these things to happen. I'll be more careful next time round.

Cheers thumbup.gif