IMPORTANT MiG-21bis StarForce PATCH - APRIL 2017

Dolphin887

Dear all,

At the end of this week (on Friday 07. April) all 3 available DCS versions will be updated.

Among other things, these updates contain the MiG-21Bis StarForce patch.

We recommend some minimal actions on your side to prepare for the patch.

Please, see attached files for details.

Best regards to all.

Important MiG-21 StarForce patch APRIL 2017 EN.pdf

Important MiG-21 StarForce patch APRIL 2017 RU.pdf

Mig-21_delete_activation_data.zip

Edited by Dolphin887
updated info

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news Dolphin.

Let's hope for that. :thumbup:

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Looking forward to the update for 2.0. Thanks for this.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it! I've been putting off getting back into the Mig21, until it got some much needed love.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Thanks Dolphin.

Really appreciate your effort to keep the community informed and help everyone that didnt catch the info here.

Waiting for the patch to enjoy the Mig-21.

PD: I have only one question.

I must deactivate the Mig-21 BOTH on 1.5.6 Stable, and 2.0.5 BEFORE updating each version?

Or is enough doing the deactivation in 1.5.6 Stable and updating both 1.5.6 Stable and 2.0.5 and AFTER that, activating the Mig-21 in 1.5.6 Stable?

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Waiting for the patch to enjoy the Mig-21.

PD: I have only one question.

Esac,

please check the documents in my first post - I believe we covered all variations concerning the preparation for the patch.

If you need any further help please let us know.

Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Last night I checked my registry using regedit.exe & the "find" function, and there were no strings detected with "Leatherneck". Does that mean my registry is clean? (Mig21 module is not currently installed on my release version, the only branch of DCS I have installed on my system).

Would that mean I just need to update the release version on friday, then after the update is complete install and activate the Mig21 module normally?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Thanks again Dolphin.

The PDF covers every aspect of the process, crystal clear.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Resuming:

1.- Clic on DRM button for the Mig-21 inside Module Manager.

2.- Follow the steps to DEACTIVATE the Mig-21.

3.- Check that in EVERY DCS version the Mig-21 module is CHECKED. ( green check ).

4.- Clean de Registry using the .reg file provided in this thread.

5.- Update EVERY DCS version the user have.

6.- Clic on DRM button for the Mig-21 inside Module Manager.

7.- Follow the steps to ACTIVATE the Mig-21.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dont do It.

Its your choice not to use one finger and hit the left mouse button ten times while reading. I know read and move a finger at the same time could be tedious. Im doing that every time I read this forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This really is the most tedious thing I've ever been asked to do in order to run a game ...

Obviously, you never had to create a boot floppy, to free up DOS resources, to get a DOS game to run. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Resuming:

1.- Clic on DRM button for the Mig-21 inside Module Manager.

2.- Follow the steps to DEACTIVATE the Mig-21.

3.- Check that in EVERY DCS version the Mig-21 module is CHECKED. ( green check ).

4.- Clean de Registry using the .reg file provided in this thread.

5.- Update EVERY DCS version the user have.

6.- Clic on DRM button for the Mig-21 inside Module Manager.

7.- Follow the steps to ACTIVATE the Mig-21.

Please explain where the .reg file is provided, I can't find it either in this thread or in the pdf document.

I have a question.

I have 3 installs of DCS.

I patched in March, not being aware of the Mig 21 problems, and found I could not start the World or Beta game due to the Mig 21. I deleted the Leatherneck out of the registry and reactivated the Mig in both games with no other problems in either game and the Mig working normally.

Is there anything I should do before patching tomorrow?

That's great news!

Thanks for the explanation, Dolphin887, can't be clearer than that :)

Dont do It.

Its your choice not to use one finger and hit the left mouse button ten times while reading. I know read and move a finger at the same time could be tedious. Im doing that every time I read this forum.

I'm pretty sure it was irony from 2IAE-CrashBG's part, or perhaps even sarcasm ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Cool. Thanks a bunch. Just to be clear, I deactivated the module prior to last patch, which sort of deactivated the module for all dcs versions. I have not reactivated since I was waiting on this upcoming patch. As I understand it, just make sure Mig21 is checked within how many versions of DCS you are currently patching on Friday, close her down, then patch on Friday? Again, thanks Dolphin.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

I believe we covered all variations concerning the preparation for the patch.

What if we never fired up the MiG within the march update? Do we still have to deactivate it or is it just for those who actually used the module since the march update came out? fsgrin.png

Last time I flew the MiG-21 was before the Viggen release, probably even last year. Never got a "enter your key" message for it after any of the patches rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Hi, I have openbeta patched and activated and working flawlessly, but I did not receive any additional activation. Tomorrow I will do nothing according to the PDF (I have stable and alpha too). Is that the reason for not receiving two more activations?

Thanks.

Would that mean I just need to update the release version on friday, then after the update is complete install and activate the Mig21 module normally?

Yes, correct.

Just make sure you get the update.

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]