Noob requesting M2000 Help

Goose12

Hi All,

I have been playing DCS world for a couple months. Started with FC3, purchased the F5 (which I love) and decided to get the M2000 as I always loved it when I was younger.

I thought the M2000 would be a good step up from the F5 and then I could move on to something more complex like the F14/F18/F16 but I am having a lot of trouble with it and it's workflow. I've read some of manual, done most of the training missions and most of Chuck's guide as well but it seems like none of them are 100% accurate or I am doing things wrong.

At any rate have a lot of questions that I am sure could be answered fairly quickly form an instructor flight in DCS.

Happy to pay via Venmo or whatever for someone's time.

Appreciate any help!

Baltic Dragon is currently updating mission following changed done during MLO.

Manual has been updated to include all latest changes.

First training mission has also been updated.

It's only updated on Open Beta though, so if you are flying on Stable branch, you can find updated manual and update Training Mission 1 here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MOyh9LAyJOWVCHaUANa0ZXc6zi_KaM6f

Hi All,

I have been playing DCS world for a couple months. Started with FC3, purchased the F5 (which I love) and decided to get the M2000 as I always loved it when I was younger.

I thought the M2000 would be a good step up from the F5 and then I could move on to something more complex like the F14/F18/F16 but I am having a lot of trouble with it and it's workflow. I've read some of manual, done most of the training missions and most of Chuck's guide as well but it seems like none of them are 100% accurate or I am doing things wrong.

At any rate have a lot of questions that I am sure could be answered fairly quickly form an instructor flight in DCS.

Happy to pay via Venmo or whatever for someone's time.

Appreciate any help!

Look up Chuck's guide for the M2000, on mudspike.com. Pretty much a condensed manual with sections that tell you everything you need to know to do things like use mk82s or BVR combat.

Thanks gents! Appreciate the links.

While those are helpful having direct instructor feedback without having to stop and read something is something I find invaluable. After all to get a pilots license the classroom study is first and then flights with your instructor.

I am ready for flights with an instructor as this point to hone my skills.

Again happy to pay for peoples time!

While I'm not the best Mirage pilot, I have the basics down. What I did was load up the mirage in cold start and just fly. I started with no weapons and then added weapons to get used to the different mechanics. While some people may roast me on this, I really like the Grim Reapers tutorials for the M2000C on youtube. I used their setup guide to set my controls for the essentials, and then I add controls as I need them.

You seem to be serious about your learning, you should look at DCS Academy. True pilot teach people how to fly and there is a strong cursus to follow. It doesn't answer your need about the mirage 2000 but I tend to think that they learn the most important things, knowledge transfarable to every plane.

Concerning the mirage 2000, you'll find everything you need with the updated training mission soon, the already updated manual and some Youtube video like some from the Grim Repears, not always totally right but good to answer most of the question and see the topics in action.

Be aware that unfortunalty, the mirage suffers some bugs and it could be the case of your misunderstanding and thinking you are wrong. Look at the post in this forum to know about them.

Last advice, if you are ready to pay so much, ask to have a real pilot instructor (don't dream about a true mirage 2000 pilot however ;)

DCS Academy thread link: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254647

They have also a Discord.

Personnaly, I hope to join them soon but I am in Europe and my english isn't so good...

Edited by Chapa

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

Baltic Dragon is currently updating mission following changed done during MLO.

Manual has been updated to include all latest changes.

First training mission has also been updated.

It's only updated on Open Beta though, so if you are flying on Stable branch, you can find updated manual and update Training Mission 1 here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MOyh9LAyJOWVCHaUANa0ZXc6zi_KaM6f

Missions are now updated, I will push them for the next update.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

My suggestion is to go on the Squadron Recruitments section of the forum (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=665) and collect infos about some of them, or straight ask for some of them who trains with the Mirage in your time zone.

EDIT: oh, you already did that :D but, just out of curiosity: why do you prefer Discord over SRS? It's a nice step forward in simulating the radio, and once you configure it properly (and believe me, it's really easy) works like a charm.

RAZBAM has no financial issues AFAIK. It's just that... let's say, development isn't always as smooth as we would like to, with new issues popping up from time to time and long standing issues not yet fixed. You will learn more by reading this forum and its subsections.

My suggestion is to go on the Squadron Recruitments section of the forum (https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=665) and collect infos about some of them, or straight ask for some of them who trains with the Mirage in your time zone.

EDIT: oh, you already did that :D but, just out of curiosity: why do you prefer Discord over SRS? It's a nice step forward in simulating the radio, and once you configure it properly (and believe me, it's really easy) works like a charm.

RAZBAM has no financial issues AFAIK. It's just that... let's say, development isn't always as smooth as we would like to, with new issues popping up from time to time and long standing issues not yet fixed. You will learn more by reading this forum and its subsections.

Will do. Had some issues with SRS. Once I reinstalled I was able to get it to work.