DCS 2.0 Nevada - PAPI Lights 24/7

Hi all, let me say first, outstanding! I love this sim, this map, this creation of excellence...Thanks!

Could someone please check and see if the Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI) system is not accidentally slaved for activation with the dusk to dawn runway/taxiway lighting system? The PAPI lights should be working 24/7, all day long.

I was flying on a custom mission last night and we flew into dusk and sunset, and the lights all came on at the right time and were really nice. They need some improvements, but really nice for now. And I was training some student pilots on proper 3 degree glide path approaches and the PAPI worked perfectly.

However, today, I fired up the mission and configured for touch and go currency landings during the daytime and the PAPI lights on the same mission map were not working in the daytime. I couldn't find anything in the editor for turning them off or on, so I suspect that they were improperly cycled with the night time lighting system.

As an additional consideration, the ALS or Approach Lighting System should be serviceable during daylight hours when visual conditions are less that CAVU...

Users, test this and chime in on this topic if you can please!

Thanks,

AV8R

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

The PAPI lights are most probably part of the improved ATC ongoing development.

I first noticed the issue at Creech and Groom Lake.

I also hope they will benefit from a decent visual improvement in the Caucasus terrain (there's a mod somewhere to reduce the flares textures mess).

I doubt it's worth a bug report as it's still WIP.

Have fun practicing precision landings :thumbup:

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///