Some Comparison Shots of the Free Caucasus Update

NineLine

Hornet, Harrier, Tomcat, Super Tucano, Strait of Hormuz and the new Caucasus map, that's all I need.:music_whistling:
lol, totally... +1

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hornet and new Caucasus, that's all I need :)

:thumbup:

And the same for me!

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

I wonder if this thread should be merged with the other one... We have a Caucasus 2.5 thread in the Maps-subforum (or was it Theaters..? aaaanyway), so I feel it is a tad confusing posting same things on two threads.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

+1

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

• ED Team

I don't think merging two large threads will help.

This thread is just for the comparison shots, I think it is best left that way for now.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I don't think merging two large threads will help.

This thread is just for the comparison shots, I think it is best left that way for now.

I think it would be appropriate to merge both threads. They are totally complimentary. Besides, Caucasus isn't a DLC map, on paper it's an improvement on the existing map.

Happy Bug Hunting!

Some of the trees at Kobuleti and Kutaisi are standing very close to the runways. I don't know what these places look like in reality, but I somehow doubt that authorities would accept trees to stand that dangerously close to the runways.

Mosf of the ones on taxiways probably not that problematic and I don't believe making a case for it would be objective. For a crash landing the plane would crash into the offices and tower anyway, instead of the trees, and then, the trees actually protect the infrastructure and can also ... in some ways buffer the impact a bit.

Honestly they dont have to give DCS World away for free. Many companies charge for a new game every year, or put a monthly fee on it. And still sell DLCs etc. If you cant appreciate the stuff you do get for free, then not much I can say, but I do.

My comments are to the trolling on other sites that make ED out to be stealing our money and are on the edge of charging for fuel and missiles... some people can only see the cup half empty, I am showing you the other side.

PS, spoiler alert. Santa isnt real, so ED has given you more for free than any jolly old elf from the North Pole.

I support and endorse that DCS is separate from "the game industry", even tho as a simulator it falls into one of the genre, the industry at large is very similar to one kind of mindset, and to put DCS there and compare it. So I think we shouldn't even need to be comparing DCS to other games/companies as it shuld deserve it's own class, most of the beginner criticism is shaped in a way that arguments always draw comparison to "the game industry".

Some thoughts on Caucaus being free:

I really appreciate the work done by ED. I also agree that we should show our support to this sim by all means, so that they can provide us more free content.

Like Sithspawn commented on other post, other software games would really try to sell you missiles and fuel on online servers. If some other game-makers would do as much research and development they would be more money-hungry.

DCS is the ONLY high quality military sim you can find right now. Game developers are not interested in making new reality based military sims for two main reasons: 1- We are so few in numbers which will not bring them much profit. 2- It is a huge work. Assess the value of this sim again..

That's because "the game industry" is dominated by the corporate/business mindset, so much, that even one of the fathers of a big chunk of the industry and it's technology, John Carmack spoke about it how it only matters "value to players" ... well, that value means, only the minimal necessary to make the players (read: kids) pay for it and play the game. That kind of mindset works for people who don't care about the actual things they're working on but rather finding a way to make people buy so they get the money, what a boring job.

Carmack talks about games as an art, has pretty negative opinion about it, sure he's right that art wouldn't make as much money nor provide value to most people, but why is everyone in the gaming industry only doing mainstream AAA titles ... they never take any time off to do anything that they like, and then why do they call it an AAA, so if it's value aren't they producing dumb entertainment? But then call themsefls "tripple A", because that is a financial/business designation. As soon as it makes what the industry considers "a lot of money" (which is just a comparison of what the other game got) it gets the tripple A designation, which for players is obviously a totally irrelevant classification.

I really wish DCS distances it self away from this "gaming industry" as much as possible, the methods, ways. These people are just so predicable, they're operating the standard life, they do business, "it's just a job to seel it to people" and then the next thing they do is a rocket company, so then they will get money from flying people to space, this is some weird culture right there.

Edited by Worrazen
  • Like 1

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team
Will this have a significant impact on performance?

I cant say to much due to NDA,

but personally I see better frames on the updated terrain

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

but personally I see better frames on the updated terrain

Great! :thumbup:

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

No its still not an active runway like the others.

I don't mind it being "inactive" as in not properly designated, radio, ATC, but I'd like it to be landable so the plane doesn't hit some invisible bump and crash, not sure about this exact one but there's a few such mini airfields here and there, if you could just make them landable/taxiable it would go a long way, it would be enjoyable to land on them in some emergency scenario and kinda play-it-self-out, even tho nothing to do on there, it doesn't matter, blowing up it's just not as satisfying after a successufly survival of missile strike for example.

It would definitely make sure that the thing comes to a peaceful conclusion in those youtube videos as well, if someone was recording a play, and then, well, we just got hit, but hey there's a small airstrip just below, oh let's see if we can land there, and if the plane blows up on runway hitting some bump it's just WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA moment, you don't want that!

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team

I have landed on the inactive airfields in Caucasus many times with no issue

:) Not to mention dead-sticking onto various roads, fields...

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Maybe it was a specific one, I forgot exactly where.

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe it was a specific one, I forgot exactly where.

I haven't found any with any obstructions that could cause any issues, touch and go's and landing and slowing to a taxi.

I wonder where that one is?

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

I remember it being somewhere in the middle of Caucasus map closer to the water, but no water visible, I remember flying with the ocean being 6 o clock, but not really what you would say "near water", not sure how much inland.

I remember it rolling and then it just blew up. And I rememer many times rolling on farm fields and it would just hit something invisible, but that's understandable for farm field.

It was with A-10A as I think was DCS 1.2 or earliest 1.5, so it was quite some time ago.

I think it's around where one of the training missions spawn. I didn't play any campaign missions at the time.

Maybe I'm making this a bigger deal than it should be, that "airfield" looked very short and not sure if it's even possible to land any plane on it.

So are you talking about a issue you had once in the distant past?

Was that when you were using a version that's been updated?

If not and it can't be reproduced then what can anyone do?

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

I did try to find the location, I found one possible, but not sure yet, need to test and see what happens. Anyway when new Caucasus comes stuff like that will be invalid unless tested and confirmed again, but since the whole terrain is getting a redo, such issue on flat surfaces might be gone.