JTAC for KA-50

Bumping this back to the top, it's great!

for the people who can't get it to work, double and triple check your radio setup. Sort your frequency channels and make sure you hit 'tune'

Any more progress on getting the JTAC to use IR?...He wouldn't 'sparkle' here either. One tiny thing, the voice file for 'at' is a little jarring. is it 'at' or 'and' I may have a look at extracting that sound from another voice file myself.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumping this back to the top, it's great!

for the people who can't get it to work, double and triple check your radio setup. Sort your frequency channels and make sure you hit 'tune'

Any more progress on getting the JTAC to use IR?...He wouldn't 'sparkle' here either. One tiny thing, the voice file for 'at' is a little jarring. is it 'at' or 'and' I may have a look at extracting that sound from another voice file myself.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the appreciation!

Nice find :P. 'at' is actually 'and'. I've tried to add my own voice samples but it sounded really retarded in the middle of a sentence. And sounds a bit like 'at' so most people will understand what the guy is trying to say.

Not a clue though why JTAC refuses to sparkle. There is no obvious compatibility issue whatsoever...

EDIT

Could anyone check if the mod still works with 1.2.2? I just see that 1.2.2 has been released... Haven't got the time to see for myself unfortunately...

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

Excellent mod. Thank you!!!!!!!

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Yep, working fine here too thanks now I'm using the right channels, although I still don't really know what I'm supposed to do ;)

I did have a bug that was causing one of the radios to keep receiving a morse signal and static but I uninstalled all my mods, repaired DCS (with the latest update) and reinstalled the mods (including this one) and it's OK now, so I don't think it was anything to do with this mod.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

One of the best mods around.

Any chance you will re-release this mod to work with the F15 and other FC3 aircraft?

Not sure how the radio frequency selection would work, it might have to be done through the communications menu or just hard coded to a single frequency.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

TurboHog a couple of things.

1) Edit your JTAC training mission to force Firefly to use the IR pointer and set your mission time to 6:30 am. Contact him from the runway and he'll sparkle! so it's obviously a problem with JTAC and not your mod.

2) As a result of the above testing, I realised that with your mod installed it's no longer possible to contact the ground crew (to change to NVG for example), I got around it by commenting out the staticParamsEvent(event,params) function in comm.lua but I've got a feeling I'm breaking something else in your mod by doing that! However, contacting the Ground Crew works again.

Hope this helps!

One of the best mods around.

Any chance you will re-release this mod to work with the F15 and other FC3 aircraft?

Not sure how the radio frequency selection would work, it might have to be done through the communications menu or just hard coded to a single frequency.

FC3 planes, including the free SU25T, broadcast on a global channel and also receive on a global channel. If FC3 planes start talking to JTAC in multiplayer you will end up with an unusable radio. So it is possible but probably very annoying... Will see what I can do.

TurboHog a couple of things.

1) Edit your JTAC training mission to force Firefly to use the IR pointer and set your mission time to 6:30 am. Contact him from the runway and he'll sparkle! so it's obviously a problem with JTAC and not your mod.

2) As a result of the above testing, I realised that with your mod installed it's no longer possible to contact the ground crew (to change to NVG for example), I got around it by commenting out the staticParamsEvent(event,params) function in comm.lua but I've got a feeling I'm breaking something else in your mod by doing that! However, contacting the Ground Crew works again.

Hope this helps!

I'll check out 1) if I have time. Sounds good!

Regarding 2). I launched my JTAC training mission a minute ago, contacted ground crew for ground power and it worked. After rearming and refueling I contacted Firefly and he gave me a task. I then switched back to intercom and was able to remove ground power.

No problems here as far as I can see. How do you reproduce this excactly?

'Frett'

doesn't seem to be working with modman?

I tried to install it through modman. but I think it puts the files some where else because nothing is working.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

doesn't seem to be working with modman?

I tried to install it through modman. but I think it puts the files some where else because nothing is working.

Here is a modman compatible version (with all care, but no responsibility).

Hope it is ok with turbohog, I have been converting all mods, skins, patches for DCSW etc to modman compatible for easy of use.

Hope this is of some help

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

thanks will give it go..:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Hope it is ok with turbohog, I have been converting all mods, skins, patches for DCSW etc to modman compatible for easy of use.

Regards, Ian.

Ah that's ok. I've got some changes now for a future version. V1.3 will be released modman compatible. Can I put the file in the first post?

'Frett'

Regards, Ian.

now its working! thank you! :thumbup:

Ah that's ok. I've got some changes now for a future version. V1.3 will be released modman compatible. Can I put the file in the first post?

no probs:thumbup:, just trying to help others with the kiss (Keep it Simple Sxxxxx) principle, Its hard enough learning the sim, with out having to remember different directory structures and where certain files should go for the mods.:book:

Whilst haven't played extensively with your mod, I have tested that it works and I like the immersion, I appreciate your fine work and that of any others that put what would be many hours of work into these extras and then share them with us all.:beer:

Take care.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 3 weeks later...

Regards, Ian.

this version works perfect for JSGME mod installer.

just name the DCS World folder to JTAC KA50 once you have extracted the files.and place it into the _MODS folder .

this is the link to the guide to set up JSGME, works by far better than Modman.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

Edited by Mastiff

just name the DCS World folder to JTAC KA50 once you have extracted the files.and place it into the _MODS folder .

+1 to that. I thought Modman was great but now I'm using JSGME it seems so much simpler.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

So that works without changing the file structure whatsoever? The modder just needs to make sure that the mod files are in their respective folders? So it's like ctrl+c, ctrl+v of the mod folder like you normally do with the benefit of a good overview, no files that are actually placed or replaced in the original folders and easy removal? How does it handle conflicts? i.e. Two mods use an edited version of the same file, like my mod and zzzspace's sound mod that previously used an updated NATO.lua in v1.1?

Good stuff!

+ Thanks Ebs...:smilewink:

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'