[ME-MOD] Coalition Modification

Coalition Modification by Grimes and uboats.

This simple mod adds an often sought out feature to the mission editor to modify the countries belonging to each coalition after a mission has been created. Perfect for when ED adds new countries to the game that fit your scenario or you simply forgot one when first creating the mission.

Download from Github

To install copy and paste the mission editor folder from the download into your installs mission editor folder. A few files will need to be overwritten, other files are brand new.

Usage Guide

To access the menu open the Briefing Panel and Select the new button "Update Coalitions"

Kujp6Zp.jpg?1

You will then be greeted by a UI that looks similar to the one from creating the mission.

lFbkB0k.jpg

Move countries around as you need. Note that changes will be added to the "Change log" on the left of the menu. It breaks down the countries moved and how many units in how many groups have been moved. If you are moving them to the neutral coalition then the units will be deleted!

OK: Accepts the changes

Cancel: Exits the menu and will not apply any changes.

lkTp4XR.jpg

Upon exiting the menu note that nothing has appeared to have changed yet.

Kujp6Zp.jpg?1

You must save the mission in order for the mission editor to update for the changes made.

LA9yKcS.jpg

Original thread was deleted for an unknown reason, so I've remade it.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

awesome! thanks

can't believe why this feature isn't implemented yet in DCS..

what would be useful is to create custom coalition presets with custom names we can recall later.

and of course a NEUTRAL / CIVILIAN coalition

Edited by Teschmacher

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+ 

Dose this go in the saved games folder and is this GME compatible??

No, it goes on the Program path; and yes, I use it with OvGME.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This mod should be implemented yesterday from ED. it is pity because this feature could cut our workload when we need to modify missions and coalitions. Without the mod we have to rebuild the missions from 0.

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

Grimes, I see you are part of ED’s testers team, do you have any ‘say’ here?? ;)

Unfortunately not really. Pretty much the only reason I made the mod originally was because of the response to the feature request I made for it. Even in a few Q&A posts they've shot it down. For one reason or another they don't want to add it. Could always try again.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Unfortunately not really. Pretty much the only reason I made the mod originally was because of the response to the feature request I made for it. Even in a few Q&A posts they've shot it down. For one reason or another they don't want to add it. Could always try again.

Too bad it's like that... :(

It's great that you've at least made it for us, as a stop gap,

but adding more and more modifications to the game, for features that should have been native from day one - just creates allot of headaches to maintain all of it,

and increases the possible bugs and issues that could have been prevented otherwise...

I hope they will listen to you in the next round.

Thanks again! :thumbup:

Ron

Callsign   SETUP

• 1 month later...

Broken

This mod no longer works for me when trying to load the Persian map after updating to open beta 2.5.6.43453. It worked fine before the update, now it hangs when loading the Persian Gulf map at terraingraphics.init: 97, persiangulf.ng5 I have to revert back to the original files or the mission won't load.

Corsair 500D SE|Corsair AX1600i|Windows 11 Pro 64Bit|Intel i9-12900K 3.2Ghz@stock|Gigabyte Master Z690|Corsair H150i Elite Capellix|Gigabyte Vision RTX 3090| 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR5 5600Mhz|Alienware 34 AW3418W Display|Track IR 4 Pro|Logitech 7.1 G930|Samsung Evo 970 NVMe TB SSD|Slaw RX Viper Pedals|Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| F/A18-C Grip|HP Reverb 2|Logitech Lightspeed 502|Logitech Z906 5.1

Updated it for 2.5.6.

Thanks a lot for the quick fix :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Doesn't really work for me.

Adding a country to a coalition went well. However, if I want to place a new unit of that new added country, that unit is invisible.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Doesn't really work for me.

Adding a country to a coalition went well. However, if I want to place a new unit of that new added country, that unit is invisible.

You missed the instruction that says "You must save the mission in order for the mission editor to update for the changes made. "

This means that after altering the Coalitions, you have to save and then load again the mission before adding new units.

I can't launch with this installed. I can never make it past the splash screen and have to force quit. Any ideas?

Had the same thing. I went into my "Saved Games\DCS Open Beta" and renamed my "Mods" folder there. Opened DCS, ME, .miz. and it worked. Now to isolate which mod is breaking this. Suspect the ME Coalition Modification...:cry:

Curveball #302

VFA-113 STINGERS

I can't launch with this installed. I can never make it past the splash screen and have to force quit. Any ideas?

Had the same thing. I went into my "Saved Games\DCS Open Beta" and renamed my "Mods" folder there. Opened DCS, ME, .miz. and it worked. Now to isolate which mod is breaking this. Suspect the ME Coalition Modification...:cry:

Yep. Breaks it.

Strange .. it works fine on my Openbeta 2.5.6:

tEij2l0.jpg

Are you using the latest version of this Mod? ... it was updated a week ago.

• 1 month later...