Mission 3 problem

There is a problem at start up of the mission. Something explode on Batumi airport during setting up radio communication. Mission continue as expected, but than suddenly over the Task 3 one Gazelle pilot is dead and mission end...

Do you have a civil traffic mod running?

This may lead to unexpected explosions.

Sometimes one Gazelle is flying into the mountain :cry: but this is not mission crucial.

Sometimes DCS is announcing your pilot is dad but in testing this never leads to a mission abbortion.

Always happy landings ;)

No civil traffic mod. I have only Simple Radio and Tacview. Maybe it has something to do with last update to 2.5.6 Open beta.

2.5.6 is a good candidate. The same thing happened on the online servers as well.

Always happy landings ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Mission end. Winner is unknown

I have issue with this mission. I tried to accomplished many times but I take this message: "Mission end. Winner is unknown"

What a heck???? That is very, very flustrating! Anybody know what's wrong?

I have issue with this mission. I tried to accomplished many times but I take this message: "Mission end. Winner is unknown"

What a heck???? That is very, very flustrating! Anybody know what's wrong?

Sorry for your frustartaion. :cry:

Do you use 2.56 Beta?

Always happy landings ;)

Yes, I use the new 2.5.6 openbeta.

At phase 3 of the mission, when you have to land on the bridge or later when you try to go back to Batumi I take that message.

Unfortunate there are many issues with 2.56 :cry:

If you can play the campaign in 2.55 STABLE there you will have no issues.

At the moment we go through all missions to identify problems and report them to ED, so they can fix that soon for 2.56.

I will check mission 3 in 2.55 anyway just to be sure it is not am a mission issue.

We open a new thread related to 2.56 issues where we inform you and all the others about the actual findings and missen status.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=265726 :book:

Always happy landings ;)

I rechecked the mission in 2.55 , and everything works fine.

DCS is sometimes mentioning that your pilot is dead, but that's without any effect of the mission.

So I report the bug in 2.56 to ED :director:

Do you know that you can skip to mission 4 via the F10 Radio menu after the first half of the mission?

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

We deleted the pilot dead Trigger option in mission 3, which causes the actual problem and already send a new version to ED to update them in one of the coming Beta updates.

This is the fastest solution to the problem and has no negative effect on the mission itself.

Many thanks for your patience and assistance in solving the problem. :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

• 4 weeks later...
We deleted the pilot dead Trigger option in mission 3, which causes the actual problem and already send a new version to ED to update them in one of the coming Beta updates.

This is the fastest solution to the problem and has no negative effect on the mission itself.

Many thanks for your patience and assistance in solving the problem. :thumbup:

It is working perfectly!!! The deactivation is effective. I flew the entire mission because of that.

Tks

Mission 3 - script not working

Am using version 2.5.5

I have tried playing mission 3. When I start the mission, the instructions state I am to turn on the battery and tune the radios. I do this and then all further instructions cease. All that happens is general airport activity. I do NOT see any trucks or troops arriving for the airlift.

Have watched a video of a successful mission and I believe I am do exacting the same thing. Further I have already successfully completed this mission but I hit the wrong button by mistake and reset the mission to the first one (my bad).

Further I have run the repair utility (windows start menu/DCS) and also checked for updates in the same place.

Could you please tell me what I am doing incorrect or missing.

Am using version 2.5.5

I have tried playing mission 3. When I start the mission, the instructions state I am to turn on the battery and tune the radios. I do this and then all further instructions cease. All that happens is general airport activity. I do NOT see any trucks or troops arriving for the airlift.

Have watched a video of a successful mission and I believe I am do exacting the same thing. Further I have already successfully completed this mission but I hit the wrong button by mistake and reset the mission to the first one (my bad).

Further I have run the repair utility (windows start menu/DCS) and also checked for updates in the same place.

Hi, did you turn on your FM radio? I am sure you’re missing one of the radios.

Good luck,

Sydy

Am using version 2.5.5

There are many things to do, and it is easy to miss something.

As mentioned in the tread bevor. If your radio is switched on is also hard to see.

But if you see airport actions this should be fine.

On the Air to Air Radio below, you need either the correct frequency, or the preset 2, and you have to switch it on.

I'm out of office over the weekend but I believe you have to switch the intercom select switch as well to "2".

Do you set the Inverter switch in the overhead console to MAIN ON? This is one of the main triggers in any mission.:smilewink:

Always happy landings ;)

Hi CPHL, Thank-you for your tip regarding the inverter, I had not switched it on. When switched on the instructions continued to flow and the mission commenced.

As a suggestion, I think this should be included in the instructions. Also there is no instruction to start the engine, you just hear the other helicopters start and then you get "Los gehts" (lets go) from the CO. Unless I missed the engine start instructions.

Thank-you for solving this problem for me. I appreciate your reply.

Hi Sydy, thank-you for your reply.

Hi CPHL, Thank-you for your tip regarding the inverter, I had not switched it on. When switched on the instructions continued to flow and the mission commenced.

As a suggestion, I think this should be included in the instructions. Also there is no instruction to start the engine, you just hear the other helicopters start and then you get "Los gehts" (lets go) from the CO. Unless I missed the engine start instructions.

Thank-you for solving this problem for me. I appreciate your reply.

Hi Sydy, thank-you for your reply.

The inverter is part of the checklist :music_whistling:

If you don't use one you should memorize it by repeating the startup several times or watching this video

I recommend this video as well, bevor getting started

Concerning engine startup in mission 3 / You missed it :smilewink:

First, you've been told to wait with engine startup until the infantry is there. And when the embraced you get the order to startup.

Don`t worry it is not unusual to miss something, because a lot of things need to be done and there is a lot of going on around, as well that distracts you. But during the campaign you get used to it for sure :thumbup::smartass:

Always happy landings ;)