Homing beacon, how does it work?

Mr Red

I have tested it in the Anton yesterday and it works in Caucasus. I dont know if the airfields on Normandy have ILS beacons. Still looking into that and glad if anyone can provide information.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

I have tested it in the Anton yesterday and it works in Caucasus. I dont know if the airfields on Normandy have ILS beacons. Still looking into that and glad if anyone can provide information.

I do know now. They don't.

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

I do know now. They don't.

Oh well, that's unfortunate. It's a pretty cool and useful system.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Oh well, that's unfortunate. It's a pretty cool and useful system.

Yep! There is an outdated mod, but that adds all kinds of modern beacons to the map. I saw that with moose you can build your own beacons - not sure if you could do a proper implementation for the German ILS beacons tho, since left beacon needs to send another sound than right beacon and they would need to overlap when the aircraft is in the cross section of both beams.

I might fiddle around with it over the weekend - see whats possible.

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

• 4 weeks later...