Oculus Rift - Unable to read the HUD - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
Terzi

Reputation power: 4
Terzi will become famous soon enoughTerzi will become famous soon enough
Default Oculus Rift - Unable to read the HUD

Hi,

I have recently got an Oculus Rift. I just opened DCS and I am using default settings for VR.

The HUD is not readable. I can not read which heading I am flying. Is this so bad for everybody or do I need to make some adjustments? Frame rate is perfect but the readability is very bad... By the way I tried different pixel densities but nothing changed..
Old 09-13-2017, 06:16 PM   #2
WindyTX

Reputation power: 3
WindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura about

There are a lot of threads with setups for the rift. Make sure textures aee to high. A pd of 1.5 should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GTX 1080 Has its uses
WindyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #3
Axelerator

Reputation power: 5
Axelerator has a spectacular aura aboutAxelerator has a spectacular aura aboutAxelerator has a spectacular aura about

Strange... I have pixel density set to 1.0 and yet the HUD is very readable for me. Are you sure you set up your headset properly and your image is as crip as it can possibly be?
Old 09-17-2017, 12:24 AM   #4
hansangb

Reputation power: 12
hansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nice

And you have to move the HMD around. It has a sweet spot, so if you miss it, it may be hard to read the HUD. I don't have any issues reading it.
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
JunMcKill

Reputation power: 8
JunMcKill will become famous soon enoughJunMcKill will become famous soon enoughJunMcKill will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terzi View Post
Hi,

I have recently got an Oculus Rift. I just opened DCS and I am using default settings for VR.

The HUD is not readable. I can not read which heading I am flying. Is this so bad for everybody or do I need to make some adjustments? Frame rate is perfect but the readability is very bad... By the way I tried different pixel densities but nothing changed..
I make a new monitorsetup.lua file, in this case with the right MFD, and placed it below the cockpit HUD in the SU-27, with a size and height that not overlap the instruments, when I want to read the HUD simply switch the MFD to HUD, problem solved.
JunMcKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:13 PM   #6
toutenglisse

Reputation power: 2
toutenglisse is on a distinguished road

Hi Terzi, you can simply use the "zoom" command (set a joy button in the user interface menu).
Old 09-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #7
Pikey

Reputation power: 28
Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

Which HUD?
Also, do you need to correct your vision normally (it's not a stupid question, I had to get to understand this too)
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote