Difference between 1.5 and 1.5 open beta?

kingneptune117

In the downloads page, I see that I can download 1.5 or 1.5 open beta. What's the difference between the two? Are the same multiplayer servers available on each? Which one is more popular for multiplayer? Thanks.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

the open beta gets sometimes the updates earlier, to test them out and find some bugs

versions on the stable release are mostly a bit more polished than the open beta ones...

stable is mostly more popular, if they release a new aircraft in ob, then ob is more popular

but if they are the same version, it doesn't matter which one you got, but if they are different versions, sometimes you won't get on servers with ob if you are on stable and the other way round too...

the open beta gets sometimes the updates earlier, to test them out and find some bugs

versions on the stable release are mostly a bit more polished than the open beta ones...

stable is mostly more popular, if they release a new aircraft in ob, then ob is more popular

but if they are the same version, it doesn't matter which one you got, but if they are different versions, sometimes you won't get on servers with ob if you are on stable and the other way round too...

I hear a lot about this "open conflict" server. Is that on beta or normal? Thanks.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

most likely stable version, but at the moment it doesn't matter which version you use

Thanks, one last question. Do both have the 2.0 level graphics engine?