Bug reporter (please specify which aircraft campaign you're playing)

Please report any bugs that you may encounter during your play-through of the campaign.

Be sure to include, in your post, which aircraft you're playing the campaign with. There are some subtle differences between the two campaigns. (not in the story or anything, but with how some A.I. units act)

Thanks everyone!

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

hey, not sure if a bug, but this kind of threw me for a loop when i was scopin' out my strike team. see attachments.

for example, you had the group of A-10s called "SU-25 Strikers". i'm playing F-86 version currently.

screen1.thumb.jpg.5503c44cd16cb3b4ee817a0559c3c113.jpg

screen2.thumb.jpg.b0b9d3bacabe70cb5e6767110947dd36.jpg

548821995_screen3.thumb.jpg.9c337ba29c1c8692c70f66cd9499f5ab.jpg

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

@ golani79

I think it should read "The True Air Speed (TAS) is the thin needle

Haha, yep. Thanks. I ar a colage gradu8e, and i no plenty.

@ dresoccer4

for example, you had the group of A-10s called "SU-25 Strikers"

I was really hoping that people wouldn't have stumbled upon that. lol. When I built this campaign, I built the MiG-15 version first. Then, when I carried it over, and translated everything to the F-86 version, I left the main unit names as their Russian counterparts, so I knew which aircraft type they were supposed to be switched to. I.E. all SU-25's would turn into A-10's, All Mi-8's over to Black Hawks. Well, ok, not all. there are some differences here and there, but you get the concept.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

@ dresoccer4

I was really hoping that people wouldn't have stumbled upon that. lol. When I built this campaign, I built the MiG-15 version first. Then, when I carried it over, and translated everything to the F-86 version, I left the main unit names as their Russian counterparts, so I knew which aircraft type they were supposed to be switched to. I.E. all SU-25's would turn into A-10's, All Mi-8's over to Black Hawks. Well, ok, not all. there are some differences here and there, but you get the concept.

haha yea i thought that was probably the case. it's no biggie... :music_whistling:

....... _

...... /(|

...... ( :

... __\ \ _____

(____) `|

(____)| |

(____).__|

(___)__.|_____

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Hey Apache,

Great job so far. I encountered a small issue in mission 2 (The Pick and Pull) in the F-86F:

After engaging the speedboats, the helos moved up to land by the downed Il-76. Upon completing their mission and taking back off, two of the group smashed into each other and went down in flames. :lol:

Pau2toh.jpg

Fortunately, the remaining two blackhawks didn't seem to mind much and continued with their mission.

qjJGXRq.jpg

Upon reaching the Sukhumi area I got a radio message that the helicopters were good to go, and after landing back at Sochi in the proper parking space the mission registered as successfully completed, so this isn't a critical issue...just kind of a silly one. :)

Really enjoying this campaign so far though!

Hey Apache,

Great job so far. I encountered a small issue in mission 2 (The Pick and Pull) in the F-86F:

can confirm this happened to me as well, but only on my second runthrough. in my first one all 4 made it back OK.

mission 2 issue:

Good old rescue helo's ... needing their own rescue to be dispatched. When this mission was created way back in 1.2 for the MiG-15 I didn't have this issue. It happens occasionally now with the MiG-15 campaign, and probably 50-75% with the F-86 campaign. ... proof that the Mi-8 pilots are better than Black Hawk pilots!?!? hahaha. I could never pin the behavior down to one thing or another. I tried doing different formations, and that didn't seem to fix it. I wonder if maybe I put their departure point in front of them a couple hundred feet, instead of behind them, that they won't collide like that. Thanks for the reports guys!

@ Foul Ole Ron

Real world, if the field is IFR, the lights are always on. Unfortunately I have no control over that as a mission editor. Nice work making it back to the airport though! Not the easiest thing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F86 Mission 8-4

I normally run out of ammo so tried to return to base to find that the radio will not allow me to contact them ( I am aware of change to channel 02) or sometimes becomes a fixed menu on screen not responding. One time had two sets of menus overlaid but neither responding. Just want to land, which I did, but cannot rearm as I cannot radio ground crew.

Fantastic missions really enjoying them.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

@ Glyn

That is odd that the ground personnel are not responding to you. And even more odd with the overlay issues. That is beyond me and sounds like something within DCS. I was going to say that it may be because when you're on the ground, the mic button on the throttle doesn't always bring up the comm menu, but instead you revert back to the "\" key. (by default) but if you're getting the menus to come up, it seems that you already know about that.

Mission 8-4 victory conditions in the spoiler below:

As long as you shoot down 2 of the enemy aircraft you'll be able to pass the mission. After that 2nd one is downed, and 3 minutes has elapsed, the other 2 retreat and you get a radio message telling you that you're cleared for RTB.

If you shoot down 3 of them, than 1 mintue after the 3rd one is downed, you'll get the same scenario. If you shoot down all 4, well ... I think it's obvious :)

Do your best to fire in spurts, and conserve some of your ammo so you have enough for at least 2 of 'em.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Apache600

Thanks for the response

once again thanks for these great very imaginative missions they have really brought alive the f86.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes mission two. When the four choppers took off from the AO two collided and crashed. I was circling over head a saw this happen and was quite surprised.

As this happens in RL, it just increased the realism and immersion for me.

Enjoying the campaign, nice Job!

<S>

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Hi Apache,

There appears to be a bug with Mission 11 - "Paying it Forward" (Mig-15). I've tried it twice now, and on each occasion the two Su-27's and the Su-34 get stuck on the taxiway after the Mig-29s have taken off.

I've tried announcing "Abort Takeoff", but nothing seems to convince them to take off.

It's easy to take the earlier taxiway to get onto the runway and take off, but it does mean that the strike package is short 3 (probably) critical players.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Blah! Thanks for the report. Unfortunately there won't be an easy work-around for this one until the patch.

The mission will still be do-able without the other 3 They are mainly there for Air support, but you shouldn't have to big of a problem with that (just listen to radio prompts more carefully)

This is an image (link below) I took directly from Mission 11 of the F-86 campaign months ago, and ran into the same problem. Oddly enough though, the Mig-15 version of this mission did not have these same problems.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=162951

Looks like i'll have to fix it the same way I did with the F-86 version.

Thanks again!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is an image (link below) I took directly from Mission 11 of the F-86 campaign months ago, and ran into the same problem. Oddly enough though, the Mig-15 version of this mission did not have these same problems.

Thanks Apache. That image is absolutely identical to what I was seeing with the Flankers and the Fullback - exact same point on the taxi way. At least it gives ED a 100% reproducible Use Case.

Bug aside, I managed to complete the mission. Thanks for the help. :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 3 months later...

Hello guys,

New to DCS, I just tried the Museum Relic campaign with the F-86.

However, during Mission 2, after shooting the speedboats, the helos keep on orbiting, never trying to land near the downed airplane.

Tried 4 times, killing the speedboats late, early, on cue,... helos keep on orbiting forever.

So, needless to say I'm stuck (and frustrated...).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hello guys,

New to DCS, I just tried the Museum Relic campaign with the F-86.

However, during Mission 2, after shooting the speedboats, the helos keep on orbiting, never trying to land near the downed airplane.

Tried 4 times, killing the speedboats late, early, on cue,... helos keep on orbiting forever.

So, needless to say I'm stuck (and frustrated...).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Sounds like a bug that was solved recently, which version of DCS are you running?

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Sounds like a bug that was solved recently, which version of DCS are you running?

I'm running 1.5.5.60503

It's as if trigger event were not detected.

I happen to have a similar bug on FC3 (F-15C, "Enemy Awacs Hunt"), where shooting down the enemy AWACS doesn't trigger a successful mission.

EDIT: found this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=179570

Might be linked

Edited by GhostRider117

I'm running 1.5.5.60503

It's as if trigger event were not detected.

I happen to have a similar bug on FC3 (F-15C, "Enemy Awacs Hunt"), where shooting down the enemy AWACS doesn't trigger a successful mission.

EDIT: found this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=179570

Might be linked

Update to the latest version, 1.5.5.60565, a few trigger problems occurred lately. It's fine with 1.5.5.59992.205, but it should also be fine with the latest :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Update to the latest version, 1.5.5.60565, a few trigger problems occurred lately. It's fine with 1.5.5.59992.205, but it should also be fine with the latest :)

Thanks!

DCS proposed the update this morning, now the Helos land when I kill the boats. However, they started to go back home leaving the troops on the ground (not sure this is supposed to happen), two of them crashed on take-off by flying into each other... Lead and no2 went back home safely (so did I).

But still not considered a successful mission, so I'm stuck on Mission 2.

Thanks!

DCS proposed the update this morning, now the Helos land when I kill the boats. However, they started to go back home leaving the troops on the ground (not sure this is supposed to happen), two of them crashed on take-off by flying into each other... Lead and no2 went back home safely (so did I).

But still not considered a successful mission, so I'm stuck on Mission 2.

Yeah, the AI is not yet entirely full-proof. I had that helo crash too, but there isn't much that can be done on the user or the mission designer part. You should consider that as an accident, I heard one of the involved pilot had just qualified, and by the skin of his teeth from what they say... they should never have put him on this mission so soon ;)

The troops left on the ground is strange :huh: Perhaps they didn't trust the new pilot.

Oh, by the way, a few handy links if you haven't them already. You can check the versions here (summary of what changed in the sticky threads), here (history) and here (current versions on the server, sometimes the news are earlier than the server update).

And if you see you haven't been proposed to update, you can force it by running the DCS updater (you can also revert to older versions). Not sure this updater works with the Steam version though.

Yeah this one is a little frustrating. Just tried the mission twice: 1st time 2 guys collided at takeoff after the extraction, 2 went home but my game crashed at RTB (probably unrelated).

2nd time 2 helos collided immediatly after I killed the boats when they went inbound and the other 2 landed on top of each other resulting in yet another fireball. -_-

I guess the issue is more complicated than to just make them invulnerable or maybe reduce their number...?

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Hello everyone.

The whole helicopters not landing thing was a sim wide issue a while back. Thankfully though, they did fix it. I tested the "group dead" feature, since that was working for ground units but not aircraft. I was worried that it wasn't working for ships, but it is. So i'm glad that the helicopters actually land now.

As for the troops, they stay with the downed aircraft (to disassemble and salvage) and the helicopters leave without them.

On departure, I have tried SO MANY different ways to get them to leave in an orderly fashion. None have worked. About 50% of the time (on the F-86 side) 2 of the black hawks hit each other. They fair better on the MiG-15 side, only hitting each other maybe 20% of the time. Like I said, I've done so much with waypoints, formations, timing's, and can't find a solution for 2 of them not meeting an early demise. Thankfully, it doesn't effect the mission success result.

With some of these silly obscure bugs (or the unfortunate case of your computer crashing) there's always the "auto success" option you can do via the radio messages, within the first 30 seconds of the start of each mission, to pass it and move on to the next.

Sorry that some of these issues keep cropping up. It's a problem that stems from the constant refinement of the sim. A double edges sword if you will.

I do appreciate your patience with the matter, and I hope that you are able to enjoy the rest of the campaign.

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gave this one more try. Ok, I probably only had bad luck the last few times. This time I completed the mission with two surviving helos. Onwards we go! :)

Thx Apache for your efforts and the great immersive nature of the campaign so far! :thumbup:

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds