MiG-19P Navigation: The ARK-5 ADF - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-31-2019, 12:01 PM   #31
unlikely_spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airsoftronald View Post
Hi all!
My ARK-5 works kinda strange. When I start on Sukhumi-Babushara, it doesn't see Sukhumi's inner and outer and sees only Kobuleti (489 outer in Sukhumi and 490 inner in Kobuleti).
And if I start mission on Kobuleti, it doesn't see its inner and outer
I've found I have to take off sometimes before it will see them. Which is a huge pain considering how the dial works currently.
unlikely_spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 04:11 PM   #32
Airsoftronald

Quote:
I've found I have to take off sometimes before it will see them. Which is a huge pain considering how the dial works currently.
Doesn't help anyway. IDK what's wrong with that module, cause in MiG-15 ARK works perfectly. And like a lot of people says, why handles don't switch in different operating modes. The Farmer is awesome, but odd-working, better to say no-working ARK makes it quite non-playable
Airsoftronald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:41 PM   #33
Airsoftronald

The frequencies on the FAR and NEAR must be different, but from one aero, so when you set FAR, NEAR must automatically adjust how it must be. There is an option that FAR updates NEAR, but it doesn't work nice. For example on Krasnodar Center outer is 625, inner is 303. Bot when I set FAR to 625 (and I hear the correct morse code), NEAR is about 307-308 and of course I hear morse code from another beacon
Airsoftronald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:39 PM   #34
Wikkus

Default Is it broken? Or is my understanding flawed?

Farmer noob here! Took advantage of the recent sales just so I could complete my collection.

But the ARK-5 is driving me nuts...

So, first thing I notice is that there's a discrepancy between the two English cockpits -- the "clean" one has the "near" position on the left and the "far" on the right, however, the weathered version is reversed

Putting this aside (and using the "clean" English cockpit), the Navigation tutorial mission doesn't work; I simply cannot get any sort of signal on the set:
Click to "radio compass" (static audible)
Select "near"
Select "TLF" setting
Use r/h dial selector on ARK-5 to select 640-1300 setting
Select "ANT"
Wiggle the tuning wheel back and forth either side of 1000kHz point (for Gelendzhik)

I get zero deflection on the signal strength meter and no morse.

Is it broken, or am I missing something?

Cheers,
Rik.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCS 2019-11-28 18-37-23.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	286.6 KB
ID:	222199  
Wikkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:05 PM   #35
some1

There are several bug reports on ADF, never fixed. It's Razbam after all.

I think the kneeboard will show you the exact tuned frequency, which is handy as we never got the indicator needle in the cockpit that should be there. Also ADF has some extra custom logic described in the manual, switching between near and far beacon has some 'gotchas'.

Hardware: Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Rift S
some1 is offline   Reply With Quote