Sale numbers of DCS World modules

Suchacz

ED are keeping the sale numbers in secrecy for obvious reasons, but I made a simply thought today (don't be affraid, my brain wasn't hurt :D):

This forum has 31050 user accounts in this time. I think, that some 50% (Mustang, Huey) - 75% (A-10C) of this number could be total number of buyers of each module. And if you multiply it by the price of the module, you will get total gross income from one released module.

...or do you have another opinion? :smilewink:

Edit: Tak in mind, that not every customer is registered on this forum, so these numbers are not as optimistic as it may seem. Maybe the real numbers are even higher.

Edited by Suchacz

Good guestemate, however who cares and why again?

Dunno who cares. Is this a Chit-Chat section or not? :D

But I know WHY. This number of potential customers should be imortant for those who want to start the development of their own DCS:W modules...

Edited by Suchacz

I doubt those percentage values are anywhere near accurate. Many accounts have likely been around since Lock On and are perhaps not active anymore. Also many people who have bought modules through Steam are probably not forum members.

If you are really interested in these numbers, there should be public documents available like annual reports and such for ED (assuming the system in Russia is somewhat similar to the rest of Europe).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The figures are not accurate at all. The number of users on this forum (And especially the number of active users) is a very small fraction of the actual number of sales.

I'll put things this way: Your optimistic calculation based on the forum numbers here would probably not pay for an A-10C level module ... including A-10C ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Not a chance.

If you are really interested in these numbers, there should be public documents available like annual reports and such for ED (assuming the system in Russia is somewhat similar to the rest of Europe).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Eagle Dynamics is a privately held company. Even under "rest of europe" laws, the detailed reporting you talk of would not be necessary. In the EU, you would be able to get turnover and "profits before taxes" numbers, pretty much, on such a company. (In Russia, I don't know, I never checked.)

Publically traded companies can be a different matter, there are much more detailed public accounting laws for those.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

(...) turnover and "profits before taxes" numbers (...)

I'm not sure if OP wanted anything more than that. I thought the point of calculating on each module was to get a total. I know such documents are not going to contain any deeper level of detail.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even if they were, they won't help. ED does things that have nothing to do with DCSW as well, so you wouldn't be able to guess accurately how much stuff has sold.

Do you know for a fact that such documents are not public in Russia?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just wait till Eagle Dynamics goes for the Stock Exchange. :)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Even if they were, they won't help. ED does things that have nothing to do with DCSW as well, so you wouldn't be able to guess accurately how much stuff has sold.

And adding to that, there is the issue that such a proxy would include multiple price points for the same products - through sales and such promotions, through different vendors giving different royalties etcetera etcetera.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

And adding to that, there is the issue that such a proxy would include multiple price points for the same products - through sales and such promotions, through different vendors giving different royalties etcetera etcetera.

I realise the thread title is "Sale numbers of DCS World modules" but the reasoning in the first post goes into talking about income so I assumed that is what the OP wanted to get to. I haven't said you would get anything else out of such public documents and I know very well that you can't.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I realise the thread title is "Sale numbers of DCS World modules" but the reasoning in the first post goes into talking about income so I assumed that is what the OP wanted to get to. I haven't said you would get anything else out of such public documents and I know very well that you can't.

Not necessarily, more I wanted to find out (or make an "educated" guess) the approximate number of DCS World pilots. Just for my curiosity :)

• 6 years later...
It would be interesting to see the sales numbers by modules...maybe a chart showing each one and total units sold.

We will probably never know such detailed statistics on ED sales numbers, but we can at least estimate a bit:

You have surely noted that when purchasing at ED's Store you get an order number, now if we purchase something more or less on the same date each year, by substraction we can know how many orders the ED store handles each year ... the graph of such data looks like this:

SM2nwVT.jpg

Of course, this doesnt count the sales at Steam or at 3rd party stores, nor sheds any light onto the dollar amount of the sales, nor the modules involved, but it gives a glimpse that allows us to see if ED sales numbers are increasing, constant or declining.

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB