F-14 Tomcat Sound Mod

Mrjollyroger103

Was in the Air Force for a few years. Been around bombers and fighters. They are freaking LOUD. Even at idle, standing a 100 feet away, your ear drums will hurt.

I don't have the F-14 module, so I don't know what you all are experiencing but if you want realism, it's gonna hurt your ears. Lol.

Though, it sounds like there might be volume balance issue relative to other sounds from some of the posts?

Was in the Air Force for a few years. Been around bombers and fighters. They are freaking LOUD. Even at idle, standing a 100 feet away, your ear drums will hurt.

I don't have the F-14 module, so I don't know what you all are experiencing but if you want realism, it's gonna hurt your ears. Lol.

Though, it sounds like there might be volume balance issue relative to other sounds from some of the posts?

It doesn’t fade correctly with distance. We don’t mean 100 feet, we’re talking several miles.

Im quite disappointed at the head on sounds of this as well. I've worked on F14s and the whine coming from those intakes needs to be more pronounced than what it is now, its almost earpearcing

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

Basically if you have a Tomcat parked at the southern-most ramp at Nellis, you can hear it all the way from the Vegas Motor Speedway, at idle.

I live at the end of the JRNB in Fort Worth (just off the runway). F-16s/35s/C-130s on a daily basis. I don't hear them until they spool up for takeoff (in which case they drown everything else out) or after airborne when they pass directly overhead. If you're hearing them on the ground from more than half a mile away, I'd say for sure something's wonky.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

There is a really nice Vulcan sound in one of the Huey sound packs, not Skullz, and I can't recall the name of it since I don't use it. I'll see if I can dig it up for you. It's the one I use in my version Skullz pack to make it a more complete pack. I'll link you to the full mod and you can do your own dirty work......

~Rob

I like how it’s not even released yet and you want a mod for it... y’all are crazy haha.

Jokes aside I’ll see how close it actually comes to it - I overhauled a Cat for ArmA 3, so a lot of my samples should already be pretty close to finished. We’ll see how good she actually sounds! Cobra from HB on Reddit mentioned the limitations they had, and will be tweaking audio as they go.

Cobra just stated that the external sounds won't be changed much. Would love to hear your work on the cat. The one on the hornet is impressive.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

I've been poking around with it, and made some good progress: couple of things HB needs to address before I even think about a release of any kind;

Most of the external samples are played at any speed, even when the aircraft is stationary, like the "Flyby" sounds for both front/rear. These need to be activated past a certain speed threshold, like the Hornet's. Otherwise things sound overpowered - not to mention not very immersive. I had this issue in ArmA; I overcame this by activating a threshold at which the audio would play. I guarantee that this can be done in DCS - because I've delt with it before, but I don't have the ability to make such changes myself (nor does the rest of the modding community).

Sound load times: the aircraft seems to take several seconds before loading the external sound sets in-game while switching between internal/external cameras. Say you are in-cockpit and switch to F3/F11 views, it will take the sim a few moments to load these samples (unlike the Hornet where it is pretty instantaneous).

If HB can polish up how the sim handles these samples I would be happy to assist in getting things polished more/more immersive sounding, but there's not much I can do when you can hear flyby sounds as the aircraft is taxing around the apron. :doh:

I wish I can do more, but until these things are addressed - I am a bit stuck, unfortunately.

- - - - - - - -

Tyler "Shadow"

All things sound @ Echo 19 Audio

linktr.ee/echo19audio