F-16 A, B, C, MLU

Frank00

Does the F-16 do anything that the F/A-18 can't? I don't know much about either, but I thought they were multi-role fighters with fairly similar capabilities.

I'll quote myself:

We will get the F/A-18 Hornet soon which can do everything an F-16 can do (except Mach 2) plus the addition of naval ops. So I don't see the need for an F-16 in DCS at all!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

To hell with balance, gimme a Mig-23!!!

Seriously been enjoying MP so much since owning the Mig-21. A Mig-23 or a Su-22 would be insta buys.

I would totally love those aircraft in the game.

But as Mattebubben said, you'll have alot more vocal people from the MP side complaining about the imbalance which is rightfully so. It'll be a one sided seal clubbing quakefest.

IMO? I wish more developers would aim for earlier aircraft on the Western side aswell as Eastern aircraft of the same time period (while leaving ED to decide on the much more modern aircraft). Maybe one day ED can nail some info for a fully fledged updated Su-27 Variant.

Concerning classified: for me it is completely satisfying if for these specicific functions the aircraft will get imaginary (and possibly not existing) functions, which are a bit looking like these which we expect that these aircraft have.

Best regards, Willem

I generally get fed up of one US aircraft after another (bet you'd never guess, from my other posts :music_whistling:) since the very first combat sims on home computers, but I must admit, I would buy an F-16 of any colour - though I would prefer an early C or maybe an A.

Zero interest in F/A-18 - nice looking but never flicked my switch.

Like the F-2 idea, but if we have that, then why not a Mitsubishi F-1? I do like the Jaguar, after all! :thumbup:

As for "The F-18 can do x/y/z so why bother with any other plane that can do it" is just, well, no comment... :P

That's like the old "oh, my Lada can get the shopping, so why bother with an Aston Martin?"

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

The thing about the eastern aircraft.

Is that those we could more easily get info about (Mig-23,Mig-27,Su-22 and Su17/22 etc) are all 1970-1980s designs that are less capable then those we have today (i would love a Mig-23 and a Su22 though more then i would a more up to date aircraft)

And if one of those where made ppl would still cry because they want Su-30, Su-35, Su,27SM3 ,Mig-29M ,Mig-29K mig 35 etc.

Because they want something more modern and capable then the current Su-27S and Mig-29A/S.

They want a Eastern Multi role aircraft like the F/A 18 thats coming soon.

But all of those aircraft are much newer and are highley classified making it VERY hard to get all the needed info about them.

And thats a reason why i would prefer having a Cold war Scenario with pre 1990s aircraft since most of those aircraft can be realisticly made.

While u will have as much luck making a Su-35 as you would have making a F-22...

Its VERY unlikley to happen in the near future.

Ppl want "balance" but the easiest way to do that would be to reduce the western aircraft to pre 90s configs (no AMRAAM) and not to try to add more russian (eastern) aircraft with active missiles.

Maybe in a few years we can have a Su-24 because Russia is plannig to phase it out until 2020.

Does the F-16 do anything that the F/A-18 can't? I don't know much about either, but I thought they were multi-role fighters with fairly similar capabilities.

In all seriousness no; in my head, many things. :D :smartass:

- Fly an entire missions on one engine

- Fly supersonic on one engine

- In-flight refuel from a boom.

- Land in a cross wind without correcting with rudder.

- Flaring on landing

- Find more overseas costumers

- Carry AN/AAQ-13/14

- 9G turns

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The thing about the eastern aircraft.

Is that those we could more easily get info about (Mig-23,Mig-27,Su-22 and Su17/22 etc) are all 1970-1980s designs that are less capable then those we have today (i would love a Mig-23 and a Su22 though more then i would a more up to date aircraft)

And if one of those where made ppl would still cry because they want Su-30, Su-35, Su,27SM3 ,Mig-29M ,Mig-29K mig 35 etc.

Because they want something more modern and capable then the current Su-27S and Mig-29A/S.

They want a Eastern Multi role aircraft like the F/A 18 thats coming soon.

But all of those aircraft are much newer and are highley classified making it VERY hard to get all the needed info about them.

And thats a reason why i would prefer having a Cold war Scenario with pre 1990s aircraft since most of those aircraft can be realisticly made.

While u will have as much luck making a Su-35 as you would have making a F-22...

Its VERY unlikley to happen in the near future.

Ppl want "balance" but the easiest way to do that would be to reduce the western aircraft to pre 90s configs (no AMRAAM) and not to try to add more russian (eastern) aircraft with active missiles.

I am not fully agree with you.

It is known that FC3 is one of the best selling packages of DCS series.

This means that many users prefer a softer approach to this wonderful simulator.

So it would not be so difficult to implement more modern Russian aircraft such as Su-30, Su-35, Su, 27SM3, Mig-29M, MiG-29K etc.

Provided that they are developed to the level FC3 and not as highly complex modules, where each of the cockpit switch is made clickable etc.

But what are we talking about?

If you can build an aircraft MiG-29S (in FC3 style) with R-77, then you can very well realize for example also a Su-27SM3 he also armed with R-77 etc.

The forces in MP would be easily balanced.

I think it's all an excuse the history of highly classified information etc.

(I mean to produce an airplane under FC3 style)

What information do you need to create an On-27SM3 in FC3 style that can be armed with active missiles?

But if there is already a module that uses them, what's the problem to create another module?

Come on, do not say stupid things, here is the will that is lacking.

The balance is not required. The American faction must always be in the lead.

Too bad, because the simulator would surely have more users, especially in MP.

And I add ..

Why not.. I would not see anything wrong in piloting an F-16 in FC3 style, it would enjoy it anyway!

Edited by Pelmo

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

I think that with the f18 coming up, I'd rather have a Russian airplane. We are getting at least 4 western aircrafts (2000, viggen, f18, f14 ) let's get something Russian for once

You're happy because you've the mirage 2000 and for a french guy I think that it will be a big gift but you must understand other people that they want their airforce fighter too and with the F-16 a lot of country people will see their dream fullfilled :smilewink:

The problems would be for people to understand what they are getting if the modeled a specific F-16 from "X" country at "Y" time period. Early blocks (i.e. Block 1 to 10, circa 1980) would be very interesting, but I think these forums would blow up if people get F-16 not capable to carry AN/ASQ-213, AN/AAQ-13/14/28/33, AIM-120, GBU, etc. FLCS test alone on those old F-16 ( Block 1 to 32) takes around two minutes, I know it can be skipped, just saying.

The F-16 MLU is the solution ;) A F-16 A block with the abilities of firing AIM-120. For the counter measure it's possible to have electronics countermeasure aircraft in the flight or another aircraft who can carry on an ECM pod.

See here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137863

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=77909

There is a lot of russian aircraft in preparation.

A lot? :) And unless I am mistaken, neither of those are actual modules, but mods.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

The F-16 MLU is the solution ;) A F-16 A block with the abilities of firing AIM-120. For the counter measure it's possible to have electronics countermeasure aircraft in the flight or another aircraft who can carry on an ECM pod.

Well it depends. For example, AFAIK, ROCAF F-16 have never undergone Mid Life Update, they can carry AIM-120 and are A model block 20.

ROCAF_Lockheed_Martin_F-16B_Fighting_Falcon_Aoki1.jpg

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_users_article19.html

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

+1 for more eastern aircraft or even more USN/USMC aircraft.

Even if it's just FC3 level, we need more options of any sort for red team.

If we do get an F-16, i hope it's FC3 level as well. It'd quiet down these threads a fair bit, it would pair well with the FC3 Eagle we already have, it'd much quicker to implement, and it would give mod teams a cockpit with advanced air-to-ground air-to-air capabilities.

I'd like to see DCS-level US aircraft development focusing on to stuff that lands on a boat, we've already got the F-14, F/A-18, A-6, A-7, AV-8B, and AH-1 at least planned; doesn't rounding it out with an F-4, CH-53, CH-46, OV-10, A-3 or A-4 give us more opportunities?

A lot? :) And unless I am mistaken, neither of those are actual modules, but mods.

We don't know the way that the developers will taken but why ED is ignoring the many DCS user who want a F-16? In a survey I'll be sure that the F-16 is in the top five of the most wanted aircraft.

• ED Team
We don't know the way that the developers will taken but why ED is ignoring the many DCS user who want a F-16? In a survey I'll be sure that the F-16 is in the top five of the most wanted aircraft.

Who says they are ignoring them?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Another thing I have ask before on many other forums/threads on this subject is which version? I work on F-16C/D block 30, 40, 42 and 25 in the USAF to varying degrees from 1997 to 2004 and 2008 to 2012 and I am still learning things. Different capabilities or limitations, etc. For example, I did not know Republic of China Air Force (ROCAF) and Egyptian Air Force (EAF) F-16 where AIM-7 capable. (just learn that).

To whom it may concern,

A F-16 was "in progress" but no dates. 14/02/2014 Post. In the Rodmap from that date. Wait for official announced by ED.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1996107&postcount=52

NRG-Vampire

I know that the ED F-16's development continues. I don't know the details.

Surely on "low priority" before the F/A-18C project will not complete and key technology requirements (ground radar) will not release.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

The F-16 is rather overdone in simulations. I'd like to see more aircraft that have rarely or never been simulated before. For me the F-16 doesn't even make it into my top 100 favorites. Never been much of a fan of the Hornet either but I'll get that module because I used to work on them in the Navy. I do want the F-16's immediate predecessor though, the F-111 (any and all variants).

Being a Cold War aircraft fan, when the F-16 does get done (and it will get done eventually) I just hope they do a production standard block 15 and/or block 25 in addition to the highly accessorized version almost everyone thinks of as a "the" Falcon, the F-16C block 50/52 CCIP... or F-16AM or F-16I or F-16E depending on what country the person is from. I would like to have the early Falcons to include in my mid-80's missions even though I don't much care for them because there are a lot of people who do like them and they should have a presence.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

A F-16 was "in progress" but no dates. 14/02/2014 Post. In the Rodmap from that date. Wait for official announced by ED.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1996107&postcount=52

Surely on "low priority" before the F/A-18C project will not complete and key technology requirements (ground radar) will not release.

Its a little too light to be sure that F-16 is scheduled by ED :D. Some poor words in a post and from a simple member not from the developping team.

Edited by Frank00

More AGM-65s making it a better tank killer.

I hope a number of variants get done. Block 50/52 C, A MLU. Don't care for two seaters. Hope an FC3 level version is done. I've never really played Falcon and have no desire to. I don't care that it was done in a flight sim nearly two decades ago. WWII planes have been done to death yet I don't see people complaining about them. We even have two WWII flight sims, DCS and IL-2 BoS. And that is not counting CloD which a lot sill play.

Edited by Flogger23m

Its a little too light to be sure that F-16 is scheduled by ED :D. Some poor words in a post and from a simple member not from the developping team.

If you review all post (from Russian forum)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1996107#post1996107

you can see the person was reply that post was Skylark, ED team member, to a question from other forum member, NRG-Vampire.

Skykark was make in the past (he has ED team 3d Modeler) a F-16 external and internal model , but actually, ED has working on new F-16C and D.

From russian forum on post of Vacant models, actual 3D models in progress (confirmed by other ED team member, DGambo).

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=7689

Remember, build a official module on DCS: W require a licence. ED can work on any module meanwhile that has not a licence product