M-2000C Mid-life Overhaul

Zeus67

They only provided the icons used and gave me a code list for threats. This code list does not correspond with the true one used by the AdA.

I don't get it. Why would they give you a code list that doesn't correspond with the true one? They made up some threat codes and want them in your DCS Module ? but they're not like in real life ?

confusion

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EC 2/5 gave a layout that's suits them for training.

We'll see what it looks like when it will be available.

Does anyone here thinks he knows better than an active squadron ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

So what is your solution Zhen?

The real symbols are not allowed by AdA and they provided a set for Razbam.

What do you suggest that makes more sense?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

It doesn't really matter whose fantasy this is, its still a fantasy

What don't you understand when you are said that ECM is classified ?

What we have (no matter how imperfect it might be) is already beyond the level of simulation of MiG-29/ Su-27 in game...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I "suggest" that this discussion about the RWR symbology ends here.

It won't change the facts and all it is doing is derail the thread.

Zhen, your objections have been noted, but there is nothing anybody can do about them.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I didn't make any objections, but can i have an answer regarding the DA cluttering due to its symbology size ?

I'm not sure what DA means. If it is the RWR, then the symbols will change.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

He means RWR symbols size. Maybe a little to big so the clutter is heavy when multiple contacts are in the same zone.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi Zeus, Hi everyone,

Concerning the new radar options you talk about (page 4 of this thread, ground cluttering, jamming, terrain return); will the "new" radar take into account the fact that in narrow mode, we experienced loss of lock and contact ?

I know it has been and is still discussed but I'd like to have your opinion on that.

The overhaul seems to be a good opportunity to correct and improove that.

Thanks !

Hi Zeus, Hi everyone,

Concerning the new radar options you talk about (page 4 of this thread, ground cluttering, jamming, terrain return); will the "new" radar take into account the fact that in narrow mode, we experienced loss of lock and contact ?

I know it has been and is still discussed but I'd like to have your opinion on that.

The overhaul seems to be a good opportunity to correct and improove that.

Thanks !

For that we will enable what is called DO mode. This mode keeps in the radar memory the contact for a few more seconds in the hope that the radar reacquires it before the time runs out.

For that we will enable what is called DO mode. This mode keeps in the radar memory the contact for a few more seconds in the hope that the radar reacquires it before the time runs out.

Thanks for your reply.

As long as it paintains the lock on target to guide the fox1, seems good to me.

Is this mode a real one on the Mirage (and are you allow to tell us) or is it a mode made up for the DCS ?

Anyway waiting forward for this overhaul !

Cheers.

Thanks for your reply.

As long as it paintains the lock on target to guide the fox1, seems good to me.

Is this mode a real one on the Mirage (and are you allow to tell us) or is it a mode made up for the DCS ?

Anyway waiting forward for this overhaul !

Cheers.

DO mode does exist for the RDI and it is one of the AdA's requests. But I doubt that it allows for missile tracking.

DO mode does exist for the RDI and it is one of the AdA's requests. But I doubt that it allows for missile tracking.

So you are talking about the RDO button on the PCA am I right ?

Will we be able to use the buttons around the VTB to setup a DO from scratch ?

I think the bug that Moody1204 asked about is this one : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=226513

When the radar is in narrow search modes (60 or 30 degrees horizontal scan) the radar antenna goes to the wrong position and the target lock is lost.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Since the radar will be updated as well, this bug and others will be reviewed and squashed.

Since the radar will be updated as well, this bug and others will be reviewed and squashed.

Thanks for your reply.

That's a good new that this bug will be squashed, thanks for taking this into account.

Also it is pretty cool that it is one of the AdA request, I look forward to use this functionnality.

Since the radar will be updated as well, this bug

and others will be reviewed and squashed.

thank you for the reply! Can we assume that work on the broken TWS starts even before MiG-19 release? :pilotfly:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence