strange b-17 ai behavior

zdog0331

I have been creating DCS missions for a while now and know my way around the editor, however I have been having an issue with my wwii campaign with the b-17s. I am sending them on a bombing mission and they fly normally up until the point where the flight lead gets shot down by flak or a plane. For whatever reason all of the planes seem to dive following their fallen flight leader all they way down until it crashes causing them to dive all the way down to literally 200 feet off the ground and sometimes low enough to hit trees.

I have tested the mission with only the b-17s and they bomb and head back to base in formations they are supposed to but as soon as they start taking fire they dive down which is very frustrating. They literally dive from 20,000 feet down to 200 feet as soon as they start taking flak. Any ideas?

Hi,

Reaction To Threat

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_option_reactionToThreat

Defines the allowable action for an airborne group to take in response to a threat. This option can have an effect on other tasking.

Behaviors:

No Reaction: No defensive actions will take place to counter threats

Passive Defense: AI will use jammers and other countermeasures in an attempt to defeat the threat. AI will not attempt a maneuver to defeat a threat.

Evade Fire: AI will react by performing defensive maneuvers against incoming threats, AI will also use passive defense.

Bypass and Escape: AI will attempt to avoid enemy threat zones all together. This includes attempting to fly above or around threats.

Allow abort missions: If a threat is deemed severe enough the AI will abort its mission and return to base.