External rumbling background jet sound

AnubisYinepu

Flew my Spitfire at altitude and switched off the engine for a nice silent glide back to earth.

But I kept hearing this faint jet sound in the cockpit which is much more pronounced externally.

Sounds as if a jet is flying (rumbling) past in the far distance.

Zooming out from the aircraft reduce the sound to nothing which mean that the sound is definitely associated with the aircraft.

Tried gliding other aircraft with the same result.

Does not distract terribly from the immersive experience but still.

Anyone else notice this?

Noticed it in the A10, though I never thought to shut down the engines to see if it’s still there. I just thought it was the sound of a pump or something that they added... it sounds like a fuel pump to me.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

I disabled all mods and even ran repair a while ago no change, its a reall in the distance sound like when a plane has gone away and you still here the engines echoing, on a jet probably not notice too much but on a prop it sounds bad, ill check my 10c later and report if I have it there, but don't think so

• ED Team

We have a different set of sounds for the A10, P51 or Yak-52. It is better to look at a particular model. If I remove the sound of the engine on the P51, I have only the sound of the wind. Try to move the \ LockOnExe \ Sounds \ Effects \ Aircrafts \ P-51D \ PlaneWind.wav sound to any folder. The problem disappeared? Perhaps the low frequency hum in this sound causes inconvenience.

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Same Problem

Hi Guys,

i have the same problem with the spitfire's sound. I tried all the possibilities. deplace, delete, repair, cleanup, with and without mod, it was the same thing.

Please Help me ^^ i'm on beta and my game have the last update.