Dear ED! No love for KA-50?

Devrim

Guys, I think there is a misunderstanding here, as I see many people pointing out that instruments lights are not working with Ka50 in 2.5.

Gauges light not working is the consequence, not the cause. It appears that the shaders/lighting of the sim are completely wrong in the Ka50. Don't know about other modules.

As I posted in another thread:

Yesterday we did a multiplayer flight using 2.5 and Ka-50. No one of my flight mates was able to see nothing in the cockpit. The mission was at night, when the daylight came it got slightly better (even though the shading was not correct at all) but during the night I was not able to distinguish the single switches, all was pitch black also using cockpit light and I wasn't able to ramp start.

Now I don't think it is a problem of instrument lighting as some reported.

It is a problem of cockpit lighting/shading, at higher /general video shading level, how to say.

All seems to be ugly, over-contrasted, such as if the curves and the black point of the shading was completely mistaken, and the sensation was to have a layer of haze in the cockpit, something I saw only when applying SweetFX shaders to a game and doing it completely wrong.

Will this be fixed? I hope so, because in the 1.5 the Ka50 using Ricardo texture was a piece of beauty.

I use Oculus and the cockpit lighting/shading is one of the reasons to go VR and use it with DCS, to start with.

Somone is experiencing the same? Hopefully ED is working on this otherwise I would say the Ka50 is unplayable.

Agreed the module is unplayable, the lighting is so important.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

The Buttons are almost impossible to read.

The Ka-50 is a must-have module, that or the A-10C and both suffer from that situation.

Maybe during 2018 ?

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Ka-50 is scheduled to have the cockpit updated for the new graphics engine.

:flowers: OK, I stand corrected then. And lest there be any misunderstandings, I too think this is a good thing.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I was more excited about the Ka50 than anything else with the new update because of the trees and new terrain. I will be looking forward to this update very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

I was more excited about the Ka50 than anything else with the new update because of the trees and new terrain...
Definitely. I'm thinking the same thing. It is really the time to re-play Ka-50's missions. :) ... Oh... after new cockpit thing, tho.

I'd go for a payware Black Shark v3.0 if ED feel tempted to go overboard with the update.
I don't think ED will require extra payment. They won't, just like other modules which are re-textured their cockpit.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Definitely. I'm thinking the same thing. It is really the time to re-play Ka-50's missions. :) ... Oh... after new cockpit thing, tho.

Yeah... I can't wait :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Dear ED! No love for KA-50?

I’m probably one of many that have been holding off from doing the campaigns, until 2.5 got here.

I spent several hours with the Shark for the first time last night, and it was a lot of fun. You can use the trees to hide BUT so can the ground vehicles. It adds a whole new level of gameplay and danger to helo missions.

I’m also getting great performance with high settings and flying really low. Never had that before in DCS. It was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

I too have been waiting for 2.5 to get stuck back into the Ka-50 and other helicopters. The trees are a real game changer. Not only to they make low flying look amazing, but they finally block enemy line of

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Regardless of your opinions, it's an old module producing no revenue anymore. And that means ED probably won't do anything, unless you pay them extra. Are you willing to do that?

Its the original module.. true... but that does not mean it should not be updated to bring up to standard, and frankly there should be no added cost.

Where I would like to throw my BS money is new campaigns. We have one DLC campaign that was "free" prior to its redistribution as a paid offering. If there were completely new paid campaign offerings, there is revenue to be made there. With release of new maps, lets get the campaigns...

I remember in the "old days" of DCS there were a ton of fun community campaigns that were free. Those offering are long dead, but i would love to see a resurgence of these, even paid to add some content to the DCS World.

See my sig.... that was an awesome campaign from DCS days of yore. Today... nothing.

The Rig: i5 7700k OC 4.6ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regardless of your opinions, it's an old module producing no revenue anymore. And that means ED probably won't do anything, unless you pay them extra. Are you willing to do that?

one other thought... how many DCS users have the KA 50?? DCS World ships with the TF-51 and SU-25 only. Thus any users since DCS World release would have had to have purchased the KA-50 to have it.

perhaps, may DCS users simply do not have the KA-50. Thus, if it had a revamp, perhaps users would indeed purchase it, given it has one of the best flight model and cockpit experience in the entire collection.

Everyone seems to think everyone with DCS has the KA-50, but in fact.... do they??

The Rig: i5 7700k OC 4.6ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now it doesnt matter.

ED have said they are going to update the cockpit so. No extra payment needed and this will come for free for everybody.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Yeah... we'll see what they do when they do it :). I'd bet they'll bring the cockpit and default liveries up to 2.5 (PBR) standards in good time :).

I mean seriously... I understand the points about new purchasers for sure... But... We all know where the buttons are :).

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

ED news has stopped me from doing it :lol:

I'm afraid to ask w h e n it will be enchanced:)

Well... they did say it was submitted as "high priority". So... I'd assume soon.

I say two months or more if we're waiting for complete new textures.

If it will be just adding specular and roughmet textures... even two weeks are too much for this, but of course they have other priorities.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

The Ka-50 cockpit reflections are bugged and this has to be fixed. The sooner, the better.

I don't expect ED to do anything else other than fixing the textures (maybe not even improving/changing them).

I wouldn't pay for them to improve the textures or model, the ones already in game are enough (as long as they're fixed to work with the new engine).

The Ka50 also has a couple unfinished features, stuff like IFF, sling loading, etc - the non functional cockpit switches. And some stuff the Kas have IRL, but not in DCS.

While I'd like those to be made into functional features, and it being updated would probably help renew interest in the heli and boost sales, I'd still not want to pay for just a "revamped Ka50". Or for add-ons like the Garmin GPS, for that matter.

I would however pay for a Black Shark 3 if it was the Ka-52. ;) ;)

Crossing fingers that the Ka50's textures be fixed soon. In the meantime, I just edited the textures to make the autopilot buttons a bit more visible, that and the K-401 targeting buttons not lighting are the most annoying.

The Ka-50 cockpit reflections are bugged and this has to be fixed. The sooner, the better.

I don't expect ED to do anything else other than fixing the textures (maybe not even improving/changing them).

I wouldn't pay for them to improve the textures or model, the ones already in game are enough (as long as they're fixed to work with the new engine).

The Ka50 also has a couple unfinished features, stuff like IFF, sling loading, etc - the non functional cockpit switches. And some stuff the Kas have IRL, but not in DCS.

While I'd like those to be made into functional features, and it being updated would probably help renew interest in the heli and boost sales, I'd still not want to pay for just a "revamped Ka50". Or for add-ons like the Garmin GPS, for that matter.

I would however pay for a Black Shark 3 if it was the Ka-52. ;) ;)

Crossing fingers that the Ka50's textures be fixed soon. In the meantime, I just edited the textures to make the autopilot buttons a bit more visible, that and the K-401 targeting buttons not lighting are the most annoying.

Sorry but there are no features missing in this module. The DCS KA-50 gets 10 years old in October of this Year.

To set you in Picture.. The KA-50 we here fly in DCS World never had those features... because its an specific Airframe which did not have those features.

- A/A Ir Guided missiles

- IFF

- RWR

- MWS

and so on.

The Cockpit textures need an update and some fixing..thats it.:D

ISE:flowers:

• Like 1

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

As others have pointed out, the problem is the deferred shading.

Once disabled everything is back to the norm, aside that all the shadings for trees and world look terrible. Trees in particular seem plastic maiden, everything just looks Battlezone 80 if you now what I mean.

Hopefully ed will fix this and give us back both the lighting and the deferred shading!

• ED Team
As others have pointed out, the problem is the deferred shading.

Once disabled everything is back to the norm, aside that all the shadings for trees and world look terrible. Trees in particular seem plastic maiden, everything just looks Battlezone 80 if you now what I mean.

Hopefully ed will fix this and give us back both the lighting and the deferred shading!

That is the plan, it just takes time to get everything updated for the new lighting and deferred shading.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 3 months later...