• Sukhoi Su-35BM 'Flanker-E'
    • Sukhoi Su-24M2 'Fencer-D'
    • Sukhoi PAK FA
    • Mikoyan MiG-35 'Fulcrum-F'

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really a hard choice to make. Su-27/35 and MiG-31 are my favorites at the moment (could probably change by tomorrow). Hopefully they will all be in eventually.

I like the MiG-23 as well, I don't think it's even been simulated and I don't know that much about it.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

It's really a hard choice to make. Su-27/35 and MiG-31 are my favorites at the moment (could probably change by tomorrow). Hopefully they will all be in eventually.

I like the MiG-23 as well, I don't think it's even been simulated and I don't know that much about it.

MiG-23 is unofficially already announced by Beczl. ;)

Wishlist: DCS: MiG29M/CMT | DCS: MiG25/31 | DCS: MiG-23MLD | DCS: F16CJ

Why didn't you enable multiple choices? Not voting till I get multiple choices :)

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Fully 6 DOF and 'button pressing insanity' on the Mig-29 versions! :joystick: And every (sub) system modeled! ;)

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

• 1 month later...

i LOVE cold war time 70's-80's why? Not TOO much technology and parameters so more realistic (PAK-FA option are u kidding?)! i also like more bombing and stuff than air to air combats. SO i ll go with Fully 6 DOF Su-25A - Mig-27 - mig-23 - mig-29

PS. Su-24 whould we AWSOME but 2 pilots? i don`t see it coming...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

MiG-29M2/35, Su-27SM3 or the Su-35S, so that the Russians are endowed with something sleek and highly modernised as well. As far as I can see there are 3rd party developers working on both the Typhoon and the Raptor, the Russians need some 4.5/5 generation love too. :)

The 35BM was pretty much only a few prototypes/tech demos (901, 902 and test airframes 35-3, 35-4) that eventually evolved into the serial 35S, which is why I said the latter (but voted for "BM"). There will be 7 Su-35S in VVS service by New Years, and a whole lot more to follow in 2013-2014. The first two were completed in 2011, this year five have been completed. The total order stands at some 50 pieces over the next two years, production is about to ramp up for real.

The PAK-FA is also a prototype, even more so actually. Attempting to model it as a warplane as this stage is largely futile if you ask me. At least with the 35S there is plenty of data available and of course, it's actually beginning to enter service. As far as the PAK-FA goes, we don't even know what internal weapon configuration it'll have for sure (only some vague-ish hints here and there), let alone other basic characteristics. In short, that'll have to wait until at least 2016. Optimistically speaking.

The MiG-29M2/35 is not really near any kind of service entry either, but at least it shares a whole lot with the new modernised K/KUBs that both the Indians and the Russians have ordered.

The 27SM2/3 would do... But the 35S (or BM if you will) would be a real treat. You see, it always sort of lets me down that the Russians (or any other classic opfor/redfor) are always lagging behind technology wise when in game worlds, despite that they might very well possess more evenly matched assets for the time period portrayed (note that this is not always the case however, as various kinds of technology gaps certainly are realistic in many popular historical scenarios).

But as far as DCS goes, we're pretty much in the contemporary world and the 35S has a given place there if you have say Typhoons and Raptors over at the other end.

I have to say that Battlefield 3 was a notable exception in that department by the way, then again that's not exactly a simulator. :)

Anyway, thank you in advance. I'll be expecting a project to begin soon. :pilotfly::D

Edited by moosefoot

I don't know how some of these choices could ever get a high fidelity flight model and avionics. Stuff like the Su-35S and MiG-35 are so new that there's really no way of getting access to their systems, and the PAK FA isn't even finished.

That being said, I would like some kind of multirole Russian aircraft. Perhaps the Su-27SM would be more realistic?

Edited by Xeno426

• 2 weeks later...