• Mikoyan MiG-25PDSL 'Foxbat-E'
    • Sukhoi SU-25KM 'Scorpion'
    • Sukhoi Su-22M5 'Fitter'
    • Sukhoi Su-35BM 'Flanker-E'
    • Sukhoi Su-24M2 'Fencer-D'
    • Sukhoi PAK FA
    • Mikoyan MiG-35 'Fulcrum-F'

Not true???

You do realize this was stated in a podcast by Matt himself...... unless you want to accuse him of intentionally lying to mislead all of us?

As you can see it is possible make simulation of Ka-50, Mi-8, and Mi-24.... is up to you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true???

You do realize this was stated in a podcast by Matt himself...... unless you want to accuse him of intentionally lying to mislead all of us?

I don't think Matt ever said exactly why the Red fixed wings were untouchable, just that they were no go for ED at this time, but he left the door open for 3rd parties and left "the future" as an unkown.

My take on it is that they do have access to some Russian companies but not others "because reasons". Thats why helis like the KA50 and the Mi24 are doable (plus they are either old or prototypes).

My further take based on comments from Chiz over the years, is that they are focused more on western stuff because they think it will sell better.

As I said earlier the plane set is evolving, and in a mostly linear fashion on the red side. We have coverage from the 50's to the early 70's for Red air right now with the 15/19/21. The mig23 will push that to the 80's. It would be nice if we had a 70's era strike aircraft to go with the fighters though. And maybe its not a stretch for Razbam to the mig27 since there is a fair bit of similarity with the Mig23. Though I'd love to see either a SU-17 or clicky su-25 in game too.

On the blue side you have 50's through the 70's right now too with the F86 and F5E. The F4E and F14A will provide coverage from the 70's through the 80's. And the F4E was decently capable strike aircraft to boot.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

but he left the door open for 3rd parties and left "the future" as an unkown.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Wags or The Fighter Collection. Their amazing investment I do appreciated a lot. I am honest in my opinions just that... if they want to keep working only in western hardware this is not the big deal.

Tell me if the policy to only leave the Russian hardware to 3th parties is working...?

Mig-21, Mig-23 :huh: without GCI implementation is like make the Abrams tank with the sights malfunction for years in a dedicated Tanks simulator.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd parties haven't been around THAT terribly long. They have doubled in number over the last couple years. It takes time and money to produce stuff, and they can only so one or two things at a time. There's no point in fussing that pet aircraft haven't been made yet. It will be done eventually, *assuming there aren't specific reasons it hasn't been done*.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Mig29SMT would be my choice

It would be a good fit for the 2007 era that is the "top end" in DCS right now, but I very much doubt its even possible.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

As you can see it is possible make simulation of Ka-50, Mi-8, and Mi-24.... is up to you.

Those are not gen 4 fixed wing fighters...... the latter two helicopters are obsolete cold war vintage rotary winged. And the ka50 was done based on pre production model and at a time when Russian laws were more lax. Should look at these examples on a case by case basisi and no just assume that just because others were done that suddenly ED are able to create a Su27 or Su30.

If you remember there were once plans for su27sm as far back as 2013.

Dropped because they didnt want to deal with then newly introduced restrictive security acts,, and they opted instead for su27s, as wags had annouced.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1839764&postcount=223

Then su27s plans eventually faded, then not that long ago we got that podcast of wags explaining that Russian fixed wing modules are a no go for ed, but that same restrictions that ed would have to deal with headquartered in russia dont apply to 3rd parties outside of russia.

11:44 - Eastern Bloc Aircraft in DCS?

To quote from the interview

Question:

"What has been the biggest stumbling block or at least barrier to entry or for getting full fidelity eastern bloc models in DCS

Answer:

"

Primarily because our primary studio is Russian and there's been essentially a no go for us. Between the Russian companies, Sukhoi, Mikoyan and the Russian Government... its simply not an option for us sadly. That being said that does not prevent a 3rd party from at some point developing those aircraft, and its something were looking into. But for us to develop say a full study fulcrum or flanker or even a later aircraft like a 35 or a 30 ( SU) unfortunately its just not possible for us."

Later at 13:23 wags states:

"you know some day .... Im not saying its going to happen BUT, if we we ever have a large office outside of Russia for the engineers, maybe its a possibilty then. But as long as our principal development studio is in Russia, then doing a modern day Russian Aircraft is simply not possible"

https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/scramble-04-matt-wags-wagner/

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Those are not gen 4 fixed wing fighters...... the latter two helicopters are obselete cold war vintage rotary winged. And the ka50 was done based on pre production model and at a time when Russian laws were more lax.

If you remember there were once plans for su27sm as far back as 2013.

Dropped because they didnt want to deal with then newly introduced restrictive security acts,, and they opted instead for su27s.

Then su27s plans eventually also dropped, then not that long ago we got that podcast of wags explaining that Russian fixed wing modules are a no go for ed, but that same restrictions that ed would have to deal with headquartered in russia dont apply to 3rd parties outside of russia.

we know that already. but moreover the only Mig-21 full simulated fixed wing fighter remain without GCI. I mean the only thing in this simulator we can called a full simulated Russian fixed wing have not his main hardware as had IRL. You find this normal...? Do you like F-18 without AGM-88? and have just months launched. they made a full integrated Datalink such is an internal core of the Sim like is the GCI for Mig-21 already for years awaiting a GCI. Moreover Mig-23 is coming as the second full simulated fixed wings for the Red side and will be in the same situation without GCI.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

we know that already. but moreover the only Mig-21 full simulated fixed wing fighter remain without GCI. I mean the only thing in this simulator we can called a full simulated Russian fixed wing have not his main hardware as had IRL. You find this normal...? Do you like F-18 without AGM-88? and have just months launched. they made a full integrated Datalink such is an internal core of the Sim like is the GCI for Mig-21 already for years awaiting a GCI. Moreover Mig-23 is coming as the second full simulated fixed wings for the Red side and will be in the same situation without GCI.

Thats a totally different matter entirely.

I wouldnt compare lack of GCI to not having an AGM88 on F18. More like lacking proper Carrier ATC or Carrier Deck Crew.

These are simply mechanics that need to be addded. And so far the aircraft lacking GCI, these are all 3rd party products, and not an aircraft from ED. QUestion is Will ED place onus on themselves to create a mechanics that only benefits ( at least ATM) only the 3rd parties? Or will the 3rd parties turn into "go getters" and create GCI mechanics themselves?

For EG heatblur didn't wait for ED to create AG radar code, They took the risk to make made their own AG radar technology for the Viggen. Did Heatblur wait or ask ED to create an AI to manage functions for a 2 seat aircraft? No the took it upon themselves for an ambitious undertaking to create what would become "Jester" AI for the Tomcat.

Only time will tell, but don't solely blame ED for inaction. 3rd parties are more than welcome to attempt to do GCI themselves for their modules for a realistic simulation for the doctrine of how Soviet fighters were employed at the time.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Thats a totally different matter entirely.

I wouldnt compare lack of GCI to not having an AGM88 on F18. More like lacking proper Carrier ATC or Carrier Deck Crew.

These are simply mechanics that need to be addded. And so far the aircraft lacking GCI, these are all 3rd party products, and not an aircraft from ED. QUestion is Will ED place onus on themselves to create a mechanics that only benefits 3rd parties?

This was the radar and eyes for this aircrafts. So the Red side deserve have a serious simulation for combat. how come you throw out this comparison to the carrier ATC... you just showed a really partialized mind. that's why you only keep posting here to try keep this situation of disadvantage against red side.

If you don't like Red side with good simulation for the public comparing ATC with GCI... you probably keep posting here trolling this thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This was the radar and eyes for this aircrafts. So the Red side deserve have a serious simulation for combat. how come you throw out this comparison to the carrier ATC... you just showed a really partialized mind. that's why you only keep posting here to try keep this situation of disadvantage against red side.

If you don't like Red side with good simulation for the public comparing ATC with GCI... you probably keep posting here trolling this thread.

or perhaps you should not misconstrue everything others post, that doesnt align with your personal viewpoints to the digit, and assume there is some sort of anti Eastern aircraft bloc conspiracy to keep them less effective.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

or perhaps you should not misconstrue everything others post, that doesnt align with your personal viewpoints to the digit, and assume there is some sort of anti Eastern aircraft bloc conspiracy to keep them less effective.

your only goal in this thread is justify everything against a possible Russian simulator. The moderator only need to keep reading you in every post of this thread that you don't post anything in favor a possible Russian module, as the name of the thread show. That is called Trolling. seem you can do it without any trouble here.

as the public can see in here your recent post in the Mig-23 forum, you keep Off topic every Russian module. we report that and nothing happen https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3982005&postcount=602

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

your only goal in this thread is justify everything against a possible Russian simulator. The moderator only need to keep reading you in every post of this thread that you don't post anything in favor a possible Russian module, as the name of the thread show. That is called Trolling. seem you can do it without any trouble here.

as the public can see in here your recent post in the Mig-23 forum, you keep Off topic every Russian module. we report that and nothing happen https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3982005&postcount=602

The moderator only needs to see that you are the only one dragging this OT by making false inapplicable accusations and attacking me here without any rational basis, due to some perceived slight.

Me not being in favour of any Russian module? clearly thats you being disingenuous , as you have seen posts made in support of adding them.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3388677&postcount=1316

Ihave very much been hopefull in the past and attempting to explain why early gen 4 ( likes of Mig29A) would have been within the realm of possibility, whilst Su27SM or more modern not so much, since you already know why. That was until Wags explained the podcast , thus shutting them down. The only real difference is im not in denial. I can learn to accept a statement coming from someone like WAGS with regards to the direction they are talking and thier reasons for it.

Perhaps you need to take a step back and come back when you are no so emotional.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I dont think we ever got an actual reason for why not. Maybe I missed it tho.