Different GBU laser codes per bomb

BreaKKer

It was brought up in a discussion in inbetween some vsquadron mates of mine, if the ability to change each individual LGB laser code was going to be a thing? This would allow 2 GBUs to be rippled in a short succession (Given separation delay) and allow 2 bombs to hit 2 different places at the same time. This would allow TOT and quicker weapons employment for times when time over an AO is scarce. If it was not used in real life, and it is something that was never a thing for the F-14s that operated with LGBs, then disregard :D.

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

It was brought up in a discussion in inbetween some vsquadron mates of mine, if the ability to change each individual LGB laser code was going to be a thing? This would allow 2 GBUs to be rippled in a short succession (Given separation delay) and allow 2 bombs to hit 2 different places at the same time. This would allow TOT and quicker weapons employment for times when time over an AO is scarce. If it was not used in real life, and it is something that was never a thing for the F-14s that operated with LGBs, then disregard :D.

While irl this is possible, it would not be the norm. Good out of the box thinking, but if you dropped a weapon then which number was that again? It could be confusing for the person operating the laser on the ground, including yourself as the pilot. Typically this is avoided for that reason. They way I do this in DCS with my group is have two wingmen with different codes drop at the same time while two different lasers are running. You can still accomplish this, just bring a friend!

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

While irl this is possible, it would not be the norm. Good out of the box thinking, but if you dropped a weapon then which number was that again? It could be confusing for the person operating the laser on the ground, including yourself as the pilot. Typically this is avoided for that reason. They way I do this in DCS with my group is have two wingmen with different codes drop at the same time while two different lasers are running. You can still accomplish this, just bring a friend!
image.png

I completely understand what you are saying. It would probably have to be shown in the loadout page like this. Switching the codes of each bomb, though, would be a task.

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

Operationally, it was usually the Tomcat that buddy lased for the Hornets. You have a RIO who could focus on keeping the LANTIRN on target while the pilot flew the aircraft, and the single-seat hornets (before the F model) could launch and leave. It also meant that the Hornets wouldn't need to carry ATFLIR, and didn't need to use the double-ugly configuration.

Far more important, can we get a way to "tell" the AI JTAC to change his(!) designator laser code to our bomb codes, like IRL?

Can't use anything else than 1688 if you happen to need to interact with a JTAC lasing for you, which severely limits us in MP... I know about scripting a laser designation, which unfortunately is nothing like the AI JTAC controlled drop. Only option today is a human JTAC.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Far more important, can we get a way to "tell" the AI JTAC to change his(!) designator laser code to our bomb codes, like IRL?

That's not something Heatblur can do, as this is up to ED. I'm sure you know that ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's not something Heatblur can do, as this is up to ED. I'm sure you know that ;)
Yes, but they can promote/push the concept.

It was one of the more popular things on the wishlist query, IIRC and it would actually help a lot towards realism, multiple engagements in parallel and finally enable any aircraft capable of carrying LGBs to interact with the AI JTAC and to get away from the scripted "F10" - "JTAC Lase my Target and shut up" mentality, towards the realistic terminal control where the JTAC guides the aircraft.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)