Having DCS 2.5 and 1.5.6 on the same PC

Simicro

Hi everybody,

I have 2.5 installed and there is one issue that really annoys me and until it is solved (if it is solved by ED) (please understand that I do not want to debate about that), I plan to re-install 1.5.6

I would much appreciate if we could focus on these questions :

1) Is it possible to have DCS 2.5 and 1.5.6 on the same PC ?

2) I forgot : in 1.5.6 do I have to enter serial numbers for the modules or is it automatically managed through the user account?

3) Will I be able to continue to fly the Huey and Mi-8?

Thanks.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Hi everybody,

I have 2.5 installed and there is one issue that really annoys me and until it is solved (if it is solved by ED) (please understand that I do not want to debate about that), I plan to re-install 1.5.6

I would much appreciate if we could focus on these questions :

1) Is it possible to have DCS 2.5 and 1.5.6 on the same PC ?

2) I forgot : in 1.5.6 do I have to enter serial numbers for the modules or is it automatically managed through the user account?

3) Will I be able to continue to fly the Huey and Mi-8?

Thanks.

Re:

1. Yes it is possible, I still have DCS v1.216, v1.58 installed along side v2.56x OB.
  2. DCS v1.5.6 will still need to use Serial numbers and the old Starforce system (May have some automation via model manager, I can't remember myself).
  3. Definitely still able to fly the Huey and the Mi-8.

Before running DCS v1.56 make a file called "dcs_variant.txt" in the DCS game root folder with something like "v1_56" enclosed to define where configs are stored (DCS will make the config folder as "DCS.v1_56" and not interfere with other DCS config folders).

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.