Red Coalition Planes...

Cantankerous

Hi.

I'm not sure what you mean .

Is it that the Su27 mass is wrong and that is more important than missiles ?

Yes, the mass of the su-27 in the game is incorrect

I7-8700K 4,7Ghz, MSI MPG Z390 Gaming EDGE AC , 32 Gb Ram DDR4 Hyper X, RTX 2080

1.We have no unclassified data about su-27sm/sm3 su-35s, mig-29smt/kr

We have data about su-30sm, but it's classified too.

We can get data about su-30mki, mig-29upg etc, but russian FSB doesn't care if it is Indian or not. Easy way to get promotion catching "dangerous spies".

I dunno why Guoanbu didn't shoot Deka Ironwork guys for JF-17. Looks the same for me.

Stuck in USA jail for f-16 and stuck in Russian jail for su-30 are completely different things.

2. Late-soviet generation offended by their own motherland -->cargo-cult ---> godblessed blues with pretty advert perfomance sheets and retard red savages with their "archaic element base". (my personal opinion) Does it hurt? "Try to find better game" they said.

3. Business. NATO-boys buy NATO-toys. That's clear and confirmed by ED. You just can't buy module for 80$ if the average salary is 450$. So, sorry opfor brokes

Edited by Velik
Спойлер

Wishlist: MiG-31BM, An-72P, YaK-38M, A-5 Vigilante, YaK-3, He-162

From a multiplayer perspective it is quite boring that almost everyone and their mother are flying F/A-18C or F-16C...

Well...I guess once enough people feel it’s boring and server visits drop off, more “balanced” (or whatever) missions will be designed.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Now wait for Typhoon to came along with its Meteors and IRIS-T missiles. That´s going to be interesting.

Its was a strange decision to go for early 21st century jets anyway, especialy when ED knew that they wont be able to make a good counterpart against them. MP is going to be about JF-17, F-16, F-15, F-18 and Typhoons against JF-17, F-16, F-15, F-18 and Typhoons. Thats what´s called fun :D. Thankfully I dont play MP anymore.

• Like 1

Now wait for Typhoon to came along with its Meteors and IRIS-T missiles. That´s going to be interesting.

Its was a strange decision to go for early 21st century jets anyway, especialy when ED knew that they wont be able to make a good counterpart against them. MP is going to be about JF-17, F-16, F-15, F-18 and Typhoons against JF-17, F-16, F-15, F-18 and Typhoons. Thats what´s called fun :D. Thankfully I dont play MP anymore.

Meteor was deployed in 2019-2020 and is carried by Eurofighters with AESA radars. Thats as if we got Su-57, F-22 and R-37 in DCS all of a sudden.

Well...I guess once enough people feel it’s boring and server visits drop off, more “balanced” (or whatever) missions will be designed.

No, what happens is that NATO jets are put on both sides and no one flies the soviet ones. The DCS community seems to be unwilling to accept timeframe accurate weapon restrictions (Like 1995 -> 120B+9M, no JSOW or SLAM). Maybe also because this would mean to exclude/neuter the JF-17 which doesnt carry missiles from before the 2000s.

Singleplayer is even worse, since there is 0 timeframe accurate content for 80s Su-27S/MiG-29A and 90s J-11A and MiG-29S. No campaigns running mainly R-27Rs against AIM-7M for 80s, no campaigns running R-27ER and RVV-AE against AIM-120Bs for 90s.

Meteor was deployed in 2019-2020 and is carried by Eurofighters with AESA radars. Thats as if we got Su-57, F-22 and R-37 in DCS all of a sudden.

No, what happens is that NATO jets are put on both sides and no one flies the soviet ones. The DCS community seems to be unwilling to accept timeframe accurate weapon restrictions (Like 1995 -> 120B+9M, no JSOW or SLAM). Maybe also because this would mean to exclude/neuter the JF-17 which doesnt carry missiles from before the 2000s.

Singleplayer is even worse, since there is 0 timeframe accurate content for 80s Su-27S/MiG-29A and 90s J-11A and MiG-29S. No campaigns running mainly R-27Rs against AIM-7M for 80s, no campaigns running R-27ER and RVV-AE against AIM-120Bs for 90s.

Funny enough I don’t think JF-17 changed much online. The big servers were never time period accurate to begin with.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

No, what happens is that NATO jets are put on both sides and no one flies the soviet ones. The DCS community seems to be unwilling to accept timeframe accurate weapon restrictions (Like 1995 -> 120B+9M, no JSOW or SLAM)...

If that’s what the majority is willing to settle for, that’s what it’ll get. The money is in NATO jets, anyway. So that’s where the primary emphasis will be.

Content takes a lot of time and effort to create and, as you noted above, the DCS community seems to be unwilling to accept timeframe accurate weapon restrictions. So it would mostly be wasted effort. Things are not looking favorable for RedFor it would seem.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

As Ironhand said servers never cared about timeperiod realistic restrictions. GS, as an example, in his F-15 vs Su-27 2v4 vid stated that he'd much rather fight outnumbered than to say simply give the F-15s AIM-120Bs. That pretty much sums up DCS MP; unwilling to fly with anything but the latest and greatest avaliable weapons.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

I just want a russian fighter, which can AAR and deploy guided AG Weapons. So Su-33 with gudied AG Weapons as FC3 level would do it.

As far as i know, Su-27SM/SM3 seems to be missing the AAR probe, am i right on this one? If thats the case and we ever get a Full Fidelity Model of this SM or SM3 variant, then i hope they add the refueling probe as an option

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

We have an Su-27S afaik

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Not really a guarantee, though it does make wonder if it’s meant for more then AI. It would have to be a 2019 bird. I know they want to combine the capabilities of different countries, but I would hope if they do meteor they have the data to do all the other 2019 features, which would be hard to believe.

They have confirmed IRIS-T, so I’ll hold my breath, but we’ll be fine as long as its to the same standard as all else. For now I think they are just building hype, there are so many things they would have to implement first before a meteor even if they have the 2019 documents, I hope:D

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

As Ironhand said servers never cared about timeperiod realistic restrictions.

That's wrong. Most servers infact used to restrict to the 90s before 2019. Openconflict - 90s. Blue Flag - 80s server and a 90s PG server. Even the 104th server, whose owners absolutely hate any kind of restrictions, was running AIM-120Bs (90s) for a long while until late 2018 on top of a lot of 80s SARH missions.

It just made sense to do so. But with all the new players joining DCS, people dont want an authentic fight, they want the newest toys and are willing to enjoy turkey shoots.

For this reason red FC3 needs something. Make some changes to Su-27S and make it a Su-27SM3 or add PL-12 to the J-11A. Or add AI assets like J-11B and Su-30MKI to start with at least. Until then, have fun flying as US Navy vs US Air Force over Russian Mainland.

Edited by Max1mus

That's actually great idea, Max1mus. Since we cannot get flyable modern red either FF or FC3 level then go full force on new modern red AI - it will benefit all NATO players both SP and MP (PvE).

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

That's actually great idea, Max1mus. Since we cannot get flyable modern red either FF or FC3 level then go full force on new modern red AI - it will benefit all NATO players both SP and MP (PvE).

Deka will be adding J-15 and Liaoning as AI

Easy way would be just to implement R77-1. R77 is not employed in RuAF anyway. Question is can R77 carrying planes use R77-1 also by default. There are some hud images of Su57 simulator in one of Zvezda videos with tracking target headon with this missile selected. Range seems similar to SD10/newer Amraams. Chance of getting new Russian machines is anyway slim.

Easy way would be just to implement R77-1. R77 is not employed in RuAF anyway. Question is can R77 carrying planes use R77-1 also by default. There are some hud images of Su57 simulator in one of Zvezda videos with tracking target headon with this missile selected. Range seems similar to SD10/newer Amraams. Chance of getting new Russian machines is anyway slim.

This has been answered on russian forum by Su-27SM/30SM/35 pilot. He says that there're little to none upgrades needed, but the plane would see 77-1 as a usual 77 and won't let use 77-1s' sophisticated trajectories

I suppose you're referring to this picture. The pilot said that those are realistic numbers for a fast going high altitude target in head on

R-77-1.thumb.JPG.69fb47a2e527654b29fbd014496aca39.JPG

Edited by TotenDead

This has been answered on russian forum by Su-27SM/30SM/35 pilot. He says that there're little to none upgrades needed, but the plane would see 77-1 as a usual 77 and won't let use 77-1s' sophisticated trajectories

I suppose you're referring to this picture. The pilot said that those are realistic numbers for a fast going high altitude target in head on

I would think that partly means that either loft isn’t taken into account or that it won’t ever loft at all?

Strange that trajectory depends on launch platform not the missile itself.
not rly, perhaps the trajectories are activated by a command from the WCS which is based on the launch parameters?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

HP Z400 Workstation

not rly, perhaps the trajectories are activated by a command from the WCS which is based on the launch parameters?

Yes but then that would surely also affect other things. - e.g. the WCS issues a launch cue when target parameters(range/closure rate etc) fall within the parameters of the selected missile, so if the WCS thinks that the selected missile is a "baseline" R-77, then logically launch range would be limited to what that missile is capable of.

And if the WCS indeed sees the 77-1 as a baseline 77 that would probably happen. I know for example (at least initially) with the AIM-7/9s on the F-15 that the missile WEZ data was stored in the CC, not in the missile. No idea if the 27/29 work the same way.

HP Z400 Workstation

IMO, the biggest advantage in the Blue planes is not the missiles, but the situational awareness they afford.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

IMO I dont think that adding newer missiles into game would be good idea. R-77-1 is pretty new missile and I dont think that Russian goverment would like to have this missile in public game, especialy when they are supposedly so secretive.

Main problem is that electronic warfare in DCS is very simplistic to say at least. And thats huge problem when you wish to create simulation of 21st century Air combat, because EW plays HUGE role in modern air combat, especialy when it comes to missile evasion.

Now we all know that its impossible to have EW properly implemented in DCS, because those things are one of the most guarded secrets in the world. Thats why I think that ED should rather go for earlier stuff, than making everything as modern as possible.

Edited by SovietAce