Cable Graphical Glitch

Strick

Hey there.

I have been using ED's outstanding products for a while now. Never got myself to actually create a post when I encountered bugs, but I thought I'd finally contribute (side note: a sensible in-game bug reporting mechanism that provides sufficient detail and a filtering system to keep you guys from drowning in reports might be worth looking at!).

Just a graphical glitch I encountered a couple of times now, similar to the issue brought up here. Unlike mentioned in that report thread, this type of issue seems to still exist past Version 2.5.6.45915. This was filmed in Version 2.5.6.54046.

Private multiplayer server, two players, the cable is being stretched from CVN-74 (non-supercarrier DLC) towards CVN-71. I have encountered the stretch going both ways, however (stretching from CVN-71 to CVN-74). It appears to be an issue with carriers being too close to each other; I have never had this problem occur with carriers very far apart or with single carriers on a map. As illustrated in the clip, the landing procedure was not disturbed in any way; this is nothing more than a minor visual oddity.

Edited by BIGNEWY
fixed youtube

• ED Team

Hi Strick,

thank you for suporting us, and for your report.

Do you happen to have a short track replay showing this?

We thought his issue was fixed, I will try to reproduce today also

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've checked all of the date-relevant replays, none of them are short and I have no effective method to find out which one of them it might be. I've spent some time watching them accelerated, but couldn't find the spot. If there's any way I can help you in that respect let me know.

Furthermore, as you can also see in the video, the IFLOLS overlay remained visible even after the trap, and there was no way to remove it. I do not know whether these two issues are related.

Thank you for taking a look.