5VFW Runway Distance Remaining Markers

Runway Distance Remaining Markers

Updated 23/08/2020

- Initial Release

// This mod pack adds runway distance markers for four airfields (see changelog below) into DCS. Only some airfields have them by default and cannot

really be seen. The models have no collision to players or AI. Try not to place them too close as during testing AI sometimes thinks the runway is

blocked but place them where they can be seen by the player. They have been tested and working in VR.

// Airfields currently included:

-Added Incirlik AB Runway Markers

-Added Kutaisi Runway Markers

-Added Nellis AFB Runway Markers

-Added Al Dhafra AB Runway Markers

// Installation

Place the folder “5VFWRunwayDistanceMarkers” into:

C:\Users\your_name\SavedGames\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Tech\

User files download

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3311952/

Static templates for the markers

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=284162

1.thumb.png.ba5d3e555aefac79b8f1e71a66d8cf3a.png

2.thumb.png.b2bd8a4711f0a174d062f640c242f04f.png

3.thumb.png.755e8473168073a1718664b1a4eaf807.png

Edited by TEMPER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

possible to add static-templates for the Airports?

Here we go (attached)

Just a few things to note. They have all been placed as accurately as DCS will allow them to be placed, i.e you can place them at exactly 1000ft apart however there may always be a slight miss match.

On some runways at a distance of 1000ft, some of the markers land on turnoffs and therefore have been placed at the next possible location.

I think they are meant to be placed about 50ft away from the runway either side, due to this being a sim I have placed them about 24-27ft either side of the runway, why? Well because they can easily be seen better and they have no collision so AI or player are not bothered by them but still do the job.

Lastly, I have not included Nellis AFB. The reason being we decided to include the actual markers but we do not use them as ED already placed some down which conflicts with ours, the default markers will pop front and back of our markers. ED's markers are blurry and useless but when putting ours down it almost makes one side unreadable however players can decide to place them down if they choose.

Hope this helps and have fun.

Runway Distance Remaining Markers - Static Templates.rar

Edited by Rabu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]