Helper Gates for client in multiplayer not showing

afonsoel

I created a mission with a group of two planes and some waypoints to have a race with my brother through the helper gates but I cannot make them appear for the client of the server, only the host can see them.

So far I've tried:

- Having the client be lead instead of wingman (only wingman host sees gates)

- Having two groups instead of one (still only host no matter the group)

- Multiply trigger types for gate activation (Mission start, Once flag true, Once time more), message associated with trigger shows for everyone but gates remain visible for host only.

- My brother hosting the mission (only host sees gates, but this time it's him, not me)

I couldn't isolate the cause, I don't know if the server doesn't tell client to show gates, if the client receives the trigger but doesn't comply, if the client complies but the gates are invisible to client regardles, or if the gates are a world asset that exists for the host only.

I tried searching for the command to have a "run script" event on the first waypoint to show the gates, but didn't find the corresponding lua command in ED wiki nor Hoggit.

Is this a known impossibility? What could be the cause? And most important, is there a workaround?

Thanks for anyone who gives it a thought.

• Like 1

They have never been synced online

Do they have to be synched from the host? Is there a way to trigger them to be "rendered" by each client?

They're just the waypoints, which show in navigation and the HDD for the client as well, so there's no reason for them to be a host entity.

Thanks for the reply, it's been two days trying to patch this one, by far the most hopeless issue I've found so far so, knowing it's impossible would also be a relief.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

Im guessing the helper gate issues are still there for multiplayer clients ? Tried yesterday and it seems none of my triggers are working on a dedicated server.  Helper gates are not showing for clients.  

Helper gates are meant for use on training missions, to guide players learning maneouvers, so they were never intended for use on a Multiplayer environment and it is doubtful that ED would invest development resources on allowing this.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

6 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Helper gates are meant for use on training missions, to guide players learning maneouvers, so they were never intended for use on a Multiplayer environment and it is doubtful that ED would invest development resources on allowing this.

Perhaps.  But at least we have Cows.