USB Midi Controller?

LowRider88

I am thinking of building a virtual cockpit using lua Marcos and auto hot key.

Rather than use only multiple keyboards with custom key caps, I am also thinking of using USB Midi Controls for music, but instead us the knobs for cockpit knobs.

Are these peripherals detectable and supported by DCS?

No.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

I didn't know midi was still a thing these days.learn something new every day

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I didn't know midi was still a thing these days.learn something new every day
It is just a low speed serial interface.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

With the aid of 2 small free programs I used a Korg nanokontrol midi controller as an inexpensive way of getting an additional 8 sliders, 8 rotary axes and 35 buttons all to map, using vjoy and freepie. Works fine and probably 1/10th the cost of a dedicated flightsim unit. Took a couple of hours to work out how to get the program talking to the joystick emulator.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=259519&highlight=midi

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221268&highlight=midi

Even without midicontroller, vjoy is worth downloading and using (its free) as it can enable multiple rotary axes to work off single controller, which DCS setup doesnt permit under normal circumstances,

eg: I use to control all the lighting knobs in the F-18 or Huey simultaneously by mapping to a single spare rotary axis on my hotas.

Edited by Sprool

With the aid of 2 small free programs I used a Korg nanokontrol midi controller as an inexpensive way of getting an additional 8 sliders, 8 rotary axes and 35 buttons all to map, using vjoy and freepie. Works fine and probably 1/10th the cost of a dedicated flightsim unit. Took a couple of hours to work out how to get the program talking to the joystick emulator.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=259519&highlight=midi

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221268&highlight=midi

Even without midicontroller, vjoy is worth downloading and using (its free) as it can enable multiple rotary axes to work off single controller, which DCS setup doesnt permit under normal circumstances,

eg: I use to control all the lighting knobs in the F-18 or Huey simultaneously by mapping to a single spare rotary axis on my hotas.

Great details Sprool, Thanks very much for sharing. I will check it out.

if you go the freepie rout i can send you the script i use for the korg nanokontroller to see how it works

Thanks Sprool, that would be great!

I haven’t yet bought the controller, pending whether this is possible. If you could send that would be fun to look at.