No players on Nevada since the 2.5 update

U5off

• 5 weeks later...
The AO server was my favourite in the NTTR, but there is no players, after the 2.5 update.

Why? Caucasus is more popular? I hate that I can't play on Nevada as before.

also my observation im MP ,, why there is hardly no more action on Nevada Map anymore?

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

That's probably because Nevada is a desert located in the middle of a country 100% devoid of military conflict. While you can stage OpFor engagements there, it's rather limiting in "theme" when you're flying over Vegas. There are more interesting options available for campaigns.

Besides, everybody wants to play with the new toys. Welcome to online gaming, it is not static, everything has a shelf life. Adapt or die, as they say.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

That's probably because Nevada is a desert located in the middle of a country 100% devoid of military conflict. While you can stage OpFor engagements there, it's rather limiting in "theme" when you're flying over Vegas. There are more interesting options available for campaigns.

Besides, everybody wants to play with the new toys. Welcome to online gaming, it is not static, everything has a shelf life. Adapt or die, as they say.

yeah thats what kinda annoys me about how ED do their maps - this is a milsim and most of the time we're either hunting each other or enemy vehicles...noone really gives a hoot about how accurate las vegas is to the real thing.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Is there any way to play Nevada (single-player - KA-50) since 2.5? I spent 40 odd bucks on the map and now I can't play it. Are there any community made missions, training or otherwise?

Just select a mission that is made for Nevada (you see the map in the mission file list). It is really simple but you need to have your eyes open.

Because it's behind a paywall, simple as that.

I hope it wont develop that way tbh.

the full fidelty modules are also behind a "paywall" If you wanna put it that way, but it didnt prevent many many players from buying them.

If ppl would only go for free content only out there, we would have tons of Su25Ts and TF-51s flying around in Caucasus - which is - thankfully - not the case.

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

payware maps don't see too much love on MP side i guess

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I hope it wont develop that way tbh.

the full fidelty modules are also behind a "paywall" If you wanna put it that way, but it didnt prevent many many players from buying them.

If ppl would only go for free content only out there, we would have tons of Su25Ts and TF-51s flying around in Caucasus - which is - thankfully - not the case.

payware maps don't see too much love on MP side i guess

Sadly, that is because unlike nearly every other multiplayer game/sim

DCS does not have a dedicated server (and by the looks of it will not)

With a dedicated server there is no need to buy DLC maps (at least

with other companies that do MP Sims/games)

So if you want to host a dedicated server(host only not playing) it costs you more money

that most people are NOT going to do

Maybe until DCS gets a dedicated server, with the new DRM, ED could allow

hosting only servers to access the maps for free ?

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Yup, it's hard enough to create a server capable of running DCS as a client but with especially good CPU and network stability, that's not designed to be dedicated, and to negotiate the time and effort required to put up an interesting public mission but then to force a second payment of NTTR to be able to host said server becomes the bridge too far for me personally and I'm sure others are the same.

I bought a dedicated PC for a DCS server, I'm not even going to bother trying to find a monthly rental with root access and non server hardware/GPU, that was my personal limit. It got blown to bits by having to buy extra copies of maps. One year of rental costs gives you a DCS server you can keep forever.

Given a steam game I can setup under 30 minutes as a dedicated resource from scratch, DCS isn't really getting my attention here. It's painful enough destroying hobby time by taking an optional career of "Mission maker/LUA scripter/QA engineer".

Once it works as a proper dedicated server that doesn't need so much time, effort and expense, you could sit these maps up and put a server on each available core without thinking, "Hmm, no one is playing NTTR, i'll take it down and put up a non modded Caucasus map instead".

So if you want to host a dedicated server(host only not playing) it costs you more money

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Once it works as a proper dedicated server that doesn't need so much time, effort and expense, you could sit these maps up and put a server on each available core without thinking, "Hmm, no one is playing NTTR, i'll take it down and put up a non modded Caucasus map instead".

Precisely. I have lost faith in ED's dedicated server and that we ever will get one. We will struggle with this single player core a long time I think. Makes me sad though as the MP community lightly will not grow much. :(

But as the server is now you just add a mission that is using Nevada in the mission rotation list and it will load, so that's simple.

What ED should do on the dedicated server front first is to just strip away all the front GUI graphics and create a "light" interface that only can run MP and is incapable of running as a client. That would help much I think.

Edited by HiJack

The AO server was my favourite in the NTTR, but there is no players, after the 2.5 update. Why?

Hey Albertmate, this is from the Aerobatics Online Facebook page:

Aerobatics Online and DCS World Update Status

The AO Nevada server has been temporarily recommissioned as an AO Caucasus server running DCS World 2.5.0 release. Unfortunately, the latest open beta has been prone to crash multiple times per day on us and has severe warping issues. While this new version appears to run fine with small missions, large missions like ours seem to not work especially well.

Their server only handles 2 versions of DCS. So what they did was set up a 2.5.1 Open Beta Caucus and a 2.5 Release Version Caucus. They were running a 2.5.1 Open Beta, 1 for Caucus and 1 for NTTR but they are having big problems on 2.5.1 Open Beta Caucus and opened Release version Caucus in place of NTTR since most players use that map.

Once they can get 2.5.1 Open Beta to work better, they will restore NTTR.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

• ED Team

ED is looking into all of this, especially dedicated server tools. I know it doesnt help right now, but I hope MP will become more open and inviting in the future.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Thanks for replying Nineline

I have heard in the past a long long time ago that ED were planning dedi

but years later still nothing (which is sad)

The new DRM opens up the possibility of ED "gifting" for example maps to server

hosters and locking the DCS.exe to not allowing slots to be selected in MP

thus allowing us who spend considerable expense hosting servers (which help promote a DCS MP community also helping ED sell stuff)

I play MP 90% of the time, SP .......... is just playing with yourself :)

total 148

Caucasus 128 - 86.48%

Neveda 15 - 10.13%

Normandy 5 - 3.79%

You can see from the above stats that there a not a lot of people hosting the DLC maps,

most likely due to the extra expense.

A lot of people I fly with are not going to be bothering to buy the new Gulf map

(me included) there is no point, we mainly play MP and hardly anyone will be hosting large scale servers with it.

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Yes, I think this is a huge problem. I also only play MP and for me, Nevada was a waste of money. The great merge took so long that by the time ED do something about this dedicated server thing we will have way more interesting maps to use in MP, so that one time I joined an aerobatics server to see that 2.X magic will probably be the only time I visit Vegas in DCS, it was not worth it for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

The Through the Inferno US server was running Nevada yesterday. It was actually fairly OK after the excruciating load-in times, but of course as more players joined the stuttering started.

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

• ED Team

The core of the game has to stabilize I think before they can venture into dedi servers and such, we are seeing it stabilize more now, but obviously still needs some improvement. ED does recognize the demand for server tools though.

Thanks for replying Nineline

I have heard in the past a long long time ago that ED were planning dedi

but years later still nothing (which is sad)

The new DRM opens up the possibility of ED "gifting" for example maps to server

hosters and locking the DCS.exe to not allowing slots to be selected in MP

thus allowing us who spend considerable expense hosting servers (which help promote a DCS MP community also helping ED sell stuff)

I play MP 90% of the time, SP .......... is just playing with yourself :)

total 148

Caucasus 128 - 86.48%

Neveda 15 - 10.13%

Normandy 5 - 3.79%

You can see from the above stats that there a not a lot of people hosting the DLC maps,

most likely due to the extra expense.

A lot of people I fly with are not going to be bothering to buy the new Gulf map

(me included) there is no point, we mainly play MP and hardly anyone will be hosting large scale servers with it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It's not a matter of people not owning Nevada, we saw many flying with our events there in the open alpha, it's probably that once 2.5 is stable things will start moving forward faster.

BuddySpike has just opened a Blue Flag server in Nevada - http://gadget.buddyspike.net:8081/

I hope we will see some numbers there as we had seen before!

Xcom