No launching warning ???

DivE1-7

Before I want to start my thread, I would like to know if I am doing the right post in here... :dunno:

:helpsmilie:I'm flying the Su-33 and sometimes the F-15c Eagle. What I recognized is that I don't get launching or LOCK ON -Warning when somebody shots an Aim 120c at me while I was flying Sukhois through the sky. The warning that I get happens when the Aim 120c is already half of its way towards me. Shouldn't I get a warning when someone is tracking me with his randar?

Edited by DivE1-7

Before I want to start my thread, I would like to know if I am doing the right post in here... :dunno:

:helpsmilie:I'm flying the Su-33 and sometimes the F-15c Eagle. What I recognized is that I don't get launching or LOCK ON -Warning when somebody shots an Aim 120c at me while I was flying Sukhois through the sky. The warning that I get happens when the Aim 120c is already half of its way towards me. Shouldn't I get a warning when someone is tracking me with his randar?

If F15C is in TWS mode, you wont get any lock ot launch warning. U will get warning only when the 120c Radar goes active but by then it will on your head.

TWS mate. Missle goes pitbul about 5nm from you and that's what you hear. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

That's why I don't fly on 104th anymore (or currently), the admins there just want their 120Cs and don't agree that 120Bs are enough.....

• Like 2
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Wow, complaining about OP weapons in a simulator. Perhaps you play the wrong game?

Wow, just ignoring that the missiles guidance systems and methods are not simulated correctly....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Wow, complaining about OP weapons in a simulator. Perhaps you play the wrong game?

But what year are you simulating ? That is the only relevant question here, and there cannot be a satisfactory answer. Countries do not synchronize and introduce their latest tech the same year obviously, but rather by increment. So chosing the year that introduces the aim120 as the "official DCS timeframe" (if there is anyting like this) is already a bias.

For instance, the 120a was introduced in the USAF in sep 1991 (wikipedia). But the USSR had introduced a year earlier the E variants of their R27 missiles, so what if we choose 1990 as the official timeframe, would you be ok with that and ready to give up on your F15's FOX3 capacity on multiplayer? Probably not...

Lets go back to the 120c case. It was delivered in 1996 (wikipedia). The french MICA EM (equivalent) was also delivered this year: so it seems unrealistic to let 2000c face 120C. By that time all major nations had equivalent FOX3 capacities. So for both balance and timeframe consistency pruposes 120c shouldnt be in DCS IMHO. Or else give me 2000-5 and Su-27M with R77 :)

But what year are you simulating ? That is the only relevant question here, and there cannot be a satisfactory answer. Countries do not synchronize and introduce their latest tech the same year obviously, but rather by increment. So chosing the year that introduces the aim120 as the "official DCS timeframe" (if there is anyting like this) is already a bias.

For instance, the 120a was introduced in the USAF in sep 1991 (wikipedia). But the USSR had introduced a year earlier the E variants of their R27 missiles, so what if we choose 1990 as the official timeframe, would you be ok with that and ready to give up on your F15's FOX3 capacity on multiplayer? Probably not...

Lets go back to the 120c case. It was delivered in 1996 (wikipedia). The french MICA EM (equivalent) was also delivered this year: so it seems unrealistic to let 2000c face 120C. By that time all major nations had equivalent FOX3 capacities. So for both balance and timeframe consistency pruposes 120c shouldnt be in DCS IMHO. Or else give me 2000-5 and Su-27M with R77 :)

There are plenty of server that do that.

That is the simulated version of the plane and it has the capability to carry the weapon. DCS doesn't have a timeframe, it simulates aircraft and specific version of them....It is down to mission creators if they want to try and emulate a specific time period. Ff you don't like something how about you create it yourself as if making modules is easy work

Instead of crying about it, pick your shit up and learn how to fly better. In DCS the AIM-120 is easily defeatable.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Well, yeah, if the server you are playing on is period specific, obviously, every effort should be made to apply that label to it!

But DCS, in general, the F-15C in it, etc, are set around the Georgian War in 2008. So, presumably, this is the "official timeframe" of DCS. So, anything up to that point is by default fair game unless specifically mentioned otherwise.

MiG-21bis is still flying in some places, too, and they have to deal with AiM-120s and all manner of ugly stuff they aren't prepared to handle lol Life isn't fair, especially in war.

Remember, it's not the objective to give the other guy a fair fight. The objective is to kill the other guy. This is even more true in weapons design.

When the Germans encountered the KV and T-34 series tanks during the invasion of the Soviet Union, they didn't say, "Wow, we should build some asymmetrically balanced counterparts that are better in some ways but inferior in others so that it comes down to skill and personal preference."

They designed the Panzer V and VI.

The Russians, upon encountering these vehicles at Kursk, did not say "Wow, well played you dirty hacking Nazis! We're going to counter you with a well balanced armored fighting vehicle appropriate to your escalation in technology!"

They designed the IS-2 with a 122mm boomstick that really didn't care about things like "range" or "armor".

DCS, being based approximately on real life, isn't really balanced in any shape form or fashion, except where coincidentally so. If you're playing on a weapons free server, then it's reasonable to expect that some of the aircraft/weapons out there are going to be superior to yours, in which case you must strive to either avoid them, or fight dirty.

Alternatively, more period specific servers are available.

But even on that note, the MiG-21 and F-5E are approximate equals, but it merely swings the other way. The MiG has BVR capability the Tiger does not. So it's still not balanced. Because, as mentioned earlier....

Life isn't fair. War doubly so.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Wow, Fri13 again stating an opinion without providing a shred of proof. WTG boy :thumbup:

Wow... How about just educating yourself first?

Oh yes... You just claimed that missiles are not WIP in DCS and it is 100% accurate in simulating missiles.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

So you can't even read? Wow. But just for your edification, I didn't claim anything, YOU did.

So let's see you backing up those claims, please. Or would you rather prefer spouting more unsubstantiated garbage as per usual?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

In Fri's defense, it's accepted by most, including ED, that A2A missile performance is all screwed up as of a few years ago. Overhauling the missile physics is one of the things on the to-do list for the engine update. SoonTM

• Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

People who complain about OP AIM-120s now will have a bad day once ED actually gives them proper guidance, drag and fuse modelling.

And once ED does the same to epic R-77 and R-27ET...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence