Sukhoi Su-27 Overview

Gierasimov

Fair enough for unexperienced...

Fine, so they managed to get their Eagles' butts kicked by Raptor and they are happy about dominating over Su-30MKI, but from the briefing I gathered it was due to bad driving.

Shame there was no tactical review with this story, although the speaker mentions few bits here and there...

It's also bit off topic as I was more about comparing to Su-27.

In the same way I've seen F-16 beaten by MiG-29 as F-16 was driven by young pilot and MiG by the base second in command.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

The point is that this little article tidbid that you posted is completely meaningless. There is no context, officially no fight was ever supposed to happen and as such there's no reason to consider it as anything other than a little anecdote.

And just so that we're on the same page - while it might not be wise to go 1v1 with a flanker of any type when you're flying an eagle of any type, there's no lack of techniques for dealing with any flanker and any HOBS missile in real warfare.

The USAF owns a couple of flankers (indirectly, IIRC) and I have a funny feeling that while they're great aircraft, they don't really live up to the hype :)

Fine, so they managed to get their Eagles' butts kicked by Raptor and they are happy about dominating over Su-30MKI, but from the briefing I gathered it was due to bad driving.

Shame there was no tactical review with this story, although the speaker mentions few bits here and there...

It's also bit off topic as I was more about comparing to Su-27.

In the same way I've seen F-16 beaten by MiG-29 as F-16 was driven by young pilot and MiG by the base second in command.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

While I agree to some of this...

(...) I have a funny feeling that while they're great aircraft, they don't really live up to the hype :)

Care to elaborate on that feeling? I am curious to know your opinion...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Care to elaborate on that feeling? I am curious to know your opinion...

Don't worry about his feeling, GG is strictly US jets fan and like in that "official briefing" which has no propaganda in it at all (wink, wink) the eagle is clearly better and will win against Flanker.

No longer active in DCS...

... while they're great aircraft, they don't really live up to the hype :)

No aircraft ever lives up to the hype. :P

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Honestly, this bickering over which aircraft is better is getting old and tiring. I admit that I've done it in the past myself.

Let me just say this though, against each other, F-15 vs. Su-27, with all the bells and whistles and each aircraft/missiles operating to their max, it would be a really close contest. Each aircraft have their own unique advantages and each approach the battle differently.

• Like 1

Honestly, this bickering over which aircraft is better is getting old and tiring. I admit that I've done it in the past myself.

Let me just say this though, against each other, F-15 vs. Su-27, with all the bells and whistles and each aircraft/missiles operating to their max, it would be a really close contest. Each aircraft have their own unique advantages and each approach the battle differently.

Well said!

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Not just that but other factors like numbers and strategy (or maybe I should say tactics) play even bigger role. T-34 tanks were used to kill heavy tanks like Tiger, but if you were to just compare them side by side which is what most are doing with Eagle vs Flanker, T-34 would always lose. So which is better, can only be shown in actual combat, in which I am very certain, Flankers would be taking out Eagles, and of course other way around also.

Edited by Kuky

• 5 weeks later...
ah that propaganda machine... how easy it is to notice it on the "enemy" side but not on yours :music_whistling:

I haven't seen so many (if at all) propaganda movies with super cool FX effects on the "west" side of the world.

In meantime I've seen few from eastern side like flying Su-27, killing all targets in ninja style ;) Released by Sukhoi if I remember correctly.

There are also other kind of "support" like texts in various forums (news sites) ect.

Generally example in Polish web sites there is one picture of the Russia - country of the god, there richness, there is great president, government is the best, military is the best, and west is wrong, west is bad, F-16 is crap, F-22 is toy, Su-27 eats Raptor without problem, Su-24 makes ship run away with crew getting to psychiatric center, Russian economy is super ect

So yeah, it is very easily noticeable and laughable, especially when you compare it to the facts or just turn serious thinking on.

They have to make such propaganda again and again because five minutes later nobody believes that any longer.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I haven't seen so many (if at all) propaganda movies with super cool FX effects on the "west" side of the world.

In meantime I've seen few from eastern side like flying Su-27, killing all targets in ninja style ;) Released by Sukhoi if I remember correctly.

There are also other kind of "support" like texts in various forums (news sites) ect.

Generally example in Polish web sites there is one picture of the Russia - country of the god, there richness, there is great president, government is the best, military is the best, and west is wrong, west is bad, F-16 is crap, F-22 is toy, Su-27 eats Raptor without problem, Su-24 makes ship run away with crew getting to psychiatric center, Russian economy is super ect

So yeah, it is very easily noticeable and laughable, especially when you compare it to the facts or just turn serious thinking on.

They have to make such propaganda again and again because five minutes later nobody believes that any longer.

Bobero mate... my point is that everyone has propaganda but that people only see propaganda on other side and not theirs. So whatever you said just now just proves my point.