Capt_Zeen_KA50 HELIOS PROFILE V1.0

Hello all.

I just uploaded my KA50 helios profile.

During the last months I've been working on this helios profile for the BS2 KA50.

I have gather the profiles that had been published before, revised all functions and rebuilt a new

profile with the best of each one, adding new features not previously available.

Key bindings has been developed to operate in various international keyboards as well.

I have rebuilt the entire graphic art, based on screenshots of the simulator, the HR cockpits by Ricardo, and several other graphics designed by spike, Higgins, and Calwpower.

I have also used the airport charts from http://www.virtual-jabog32.de and the tactical chart TC-1 created by =MAF=Mongoose and the NDBs list created by Lino_Germany

I want to thanks them all, and of course, I want to thanks Windfire and Frasboob, from the KA50 wing from the spanish Escuadron-69, which have been commissioned to test in depth the profile to identify possible errors.

And of course to Gadroc for creating this great software.

Hope you like it !

Helios page:

http://www.gadrocsworkshop.com/downloads

profile site:

http://www.captzeen.com/helios

UPDATE:

!! Added a version for 16:9 monitor resolution users !!

UPDATE 31/May/2014

Added NIGHT OPERATIONS version of the profiles !!

You can now fly the ka50 on night missions using this profile version, designed to look like the cockpit illuminated width the blue lights and the labels on.

Edited by Capt Zeen
  • Like 4

Looks really nice. Is there a download link?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

yes, you got it in the gadrocs download page

I don't see it

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks, I am looking forward to trying it out.

Rep inbound.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum.

Capt Zeen

What HOTAS are you using? If a warthog, could you please share it so that I can try to fly the BS. Thanks for your Helios profile.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Capt....I'm very interested in your profile, however when I reset Monitors with Helios Control to my 1920x1080 Monitor the textures do not extend to the full screen. I'll add a screenshot if you can see it but the right side is indented like 3 inches.

http://i.imgur.com/E0Na0RL.jpg

Looking at your config, I'm pretty sure you made this for 4:3 monitors only, can you make a version for widescreen people 16:9?

Edited by Morgue

I have been using the Helios software for the A10 for awhile and recently I started to use Capt Z's profile for the BS2.

It seems that to get the profile to run for each sim that before I start the sim (either A10 or BS), I first have to run the Helios setup for the particular game which setup seems to modify the Export file in the Saved games folder. So if I play A10, I first have to run the A10/Helios setup and then everything works. If I then want to play BS2, I have to again run the BS/Helios setup to get everything to work. Is this correct?

BTW, the above does not have any effect on my BMS Helios profile.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

It seems that to get the profile to run for each sim that before I start the sim (either A10 or BS), I first have to run the Helios setup for the particular game which setup seems to modify the Export file in the Saved games folder. So if I play A10, I first have to run the A10/Helios setup and then everything works. If I then want to play BS2, I have to again run the BS/Helios setup to get everything to work. Is this correct?

This is correct. To avoid this you can use loopholes modified script that enables the use of both aircraft at the same time:

Helios for A-10 Warthog and Ka-50 Black Shark at same time

Also mentioned in the crossposted thread about this helios profile:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122632#5

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

Hello Capt Zeen,

I installed your profile and I have to say I am quite impressed by the amount of stuff you successfuly and nicely put into this profile.:thumbup:

The profile is working for me but some switches are behaving in a strange way. For example, when I flip up the VHF1 or VHF2 switches (on the elec panel) they are acting as if they were spring loaded and are flipping down immediately after (both on the helios profile and the DCS cockpit). Also, the pushbuttons you are using to display the panels (elec, rear, gauges,...) requires a long press to leave the selected panels on. Is it on purpose?

Do you have any clues about those strange spring load behaviour?

Thanks.

Hello Capt Zeen,

I installed your profile and I have to say I am quite impressed by the amount of stuff you successfuly and nicely put into this profile.:thumbup:

The profile is working for me but some switches are behaving in a strange way. For example, when I flip up the VHF1 or VHF2 switches (on the elec panel) they are acting as if they were spring loaded and are flipping down immediately after (both on the helios profile and the DCS cockpit). Also, the pushbuttons you are using to display the panels (elec, rear, gauges,...) requires a long press to leave the selected panels on. Is it on purpose?

Do you have any clues about those strange spring load behaviour?

Thanks.

hello Bad CRC

I am impressed width your cockpit! hahahaha you are my hero!

I use the profile almost everyday, and i dont notice any problem like you say, i talked aswell width Windfire, a friend using the profile and he dont notice that proble neither.

We are using the spanish QWERTY keyboard.

I prepare the french one, but never tested, is the one your are using?

Let me know, and i make some tests.

see you!

Ok Capt Z,

Disregard my previous post. The problem was solved by uncheking the "long press for right click" option in the stylus menu of windows 8.1. Absolutely nothing to do with your profile.

I flew with it for a long time afterwards and your profile is the best one I have ever tried or programmed. :worthy: Everything is working flawlessly. Yes, I used your french version by the way.

I am using a penta touch screen configuration along with my new Black Shark rig. I only move around a few of your panel on the other touch screens like the ELEC panel on the left screen, the OVERHEAD on the top screen, the ENGINE and RADIO on the left screen. That's all. I'll take this pit to a LAN next week and I'll make sure to make a lot of publicity for your helios profile! It's really great.:thumbup:

Thanks for your kind words by the way. :beer:

5screens.JPG

S01989.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all again!

I am working on the translation of the profile site to different languajes.

Right now i got english and spanish.

I can't doit in others lenguajes, so, if some one can spend some minutes and translate the text in other languaje, and send it to me, i can update the web.

Thanks in advance.

Nice pit Bad CRC, very inspirational :thumbup:

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 4 weeks later...

Added NIGHT OPERATIONS version of the profiles !!

You can now fly the ka50 on night missions using this profile version, designed to look like the cockpit illuminated width the blue lights and the labels on.

Fixed some issues due a helios bug on the tactical charts, and some minor adjusts. You can see the change log on the web

hope you like it!

profile site:

http://www.miguelangelcarrillo.com/micky/helios

Thank you sir! As others have said, this is the best Ka-50 profile I have ever seen.

I enjoy night missions but having a problem with the KA50 Shkval. It is exported to my helios monitor running your profile. The Shkval is not rendered in the cockpit to save FSP. So when you turn on the NVG you wont see anything in the Shkval. Do you have a fix for this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

Capt Z

Just a little clarification please. Was there any changes to the base 1.0b base version?

Second, I couldn't locate a night version "b" [1.01b] for the 1920x1080 monitor.

And a very big thank you for your efforts. Without this Helios profile, I never would have been able to get into BS2.

Capt Z

Just a little clarification please. Was there any changes to the base 1.0b base version?

Second, I couldn't locate a night version "b" [1.01b] for the 1920x1080 monitor.

And a very big thank you for your efforts. Without this Helios profile, I never would have been able to get into BS2.

Hello Sobe.

this is the change log on v1.01 and v1.01b

- NIGHT OPERATIONS, all the graphics has been modified to represent the feel and look of flying at night width NVG light on and panel HSI ADI on.

- Remastered the way tactical charts works to solve a problem with a Helios bug. Now the map work well even after reset monitors

- Changed to yellow the light alarms for LH and LR VLV CLOSED

- Weapons ammo counter and radio freq on main panel only visible after entering on the cockpit

- Size adjust on some labels to avoid cliping on some resolutions

- The native resolution for the profile is now 1920x1200 for v1.01 (16:10 monitors) and 1920x1080 for the v1.o1b (10:9 monitors)

The day versions are still on v1.0. As soon as posible ill make a update for those version.

You can find all the profiles in the same package, they share the same graphics so i made only one big package width all.

I enjoy night missions but having a problem with the KA50 Shkval. It is exported to my helios monitor running your profile. The Shkval is not rendered in the cockpit to save FSP. So when you turn on the NVG you wont see anything in the Shkval. Do you have a fix for this.

Hello chardly38

For my experience on night missions, you cant see a lot on the shkval, unless you got illumination suport from others airplanes, or light cities.

You can improve a lot the visibility in the shkval using the night googles but it seems to be a postprocess on the game and only afect to the main screen, so you can not be beneficied for this effect on the second monitor, so if you desconect the shkival on the cockpit that dont help a lot.

On the profile you got the shkval controls and you can adjust brightness and contrast, sometimes this help a lot. probably you can not block a target, but you can see very well the objetives, then use the manual option in weapons panel , put the box over the target, adjust the two circles in hud and fire! of course try to do this technique in hover, to avoid the box movements. It works, i hit often static targets using it.

And for the NVG light (the blue light on the cockpit) this do no affect the shkval viewport on the second monitor.

ps:

nice a10c profiles, congrats!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. Yes when your in the cockpit you can see with the NVG but when exporting the shkval to my helios monitor it doesnt work. I enjoy night missions alot. To bad no one has found a way to get it to work.

Great work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

• 1 month later...

I very much appreciate your profiles Capt Zeen, as I know from trying myself how difficult it can be to create Helios profiles. However, I would like to ask you to consider making some changes.

1. The Shvkal screen should be rectangular I believe, from looking at the in-cockpit one, whereas your Helios one is square, which must surely result in a distorted view, so if you could either extend it's width or reduce it's height to make it rectangular and a size that will allow us to maintain the aspect ratio, that would be great. I appreciate that there may not be enough room to extend the width, so reducing the height might be the best option, which would make it about 810x542.

2. I feel the Abris is somewhat taller than it needs to be and again doesn't allow us to maintain the aspect ratio, so if you could reduce both the height and width, to make it around 537x668, that would be great.

3. If you reduce the size of the Abris, then perhaps you could move the PVI to underneath it. As this is where it is, on the right, in the cockpit, I just find it a bit disorientating having it on the left as it is at present. Same goes for the Autopilot buttons. The datalink, radios and weapons switches are fine where they are.

4. You could perhaps swap the Shvkal and central gauges/warning lights over, so that the Shvkal is in the middle next to the Abris and the gauges are on the left, which will match the cockpit layout better.

I appreciate it's easy to suggest things and it would involve a lot of work making these changes and I'll understand if you don't want to or don't have the time. As I say, I'm very grateful that you've shared what you've created with us, as I certainly couldn't have done anything like it myself, I just feel these suggestions would make it even better.

In case it helps anyone else setting up their exports for this profile, this is what I got with EMC. I'm using two 1920 wide monitors in a horizontal arrangement (as far as Windows/DCS are concerned anyway, I can obviously physically put the second monitor wherever I want), so if you have your monitors setup the same way, these should work for you and save you having to position things yourself. I'm no expert though, so if anyone notices I've got something wrong, please point it out.

ED_KA50_Shkval =
{
	x = 1927;
	y = 7;
	width = 809;
	height = 650;
}

ED_KA50_ABRIS =
{
	x = 3251;
	y = -1;
	width = 587;
	height = 838;
}
ED_KA50_PVI =
{
x = 1956;
y = 678;
width = 212;
height = 107;
}
ED_KA50_Ekran =
{
x = 3080;
y = 955;
width = 162;
height = 116;
}
ED_KA50_UV26 =
{
x = 2751;
y = 533;
width = 307;
height = 84;
}

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen