Need help from a Hog driver that's using Helios 1.6

RackMonkey

I recently installed Helios 1.6 as an alternative to VR for now. I have profiles set up of the A10C, FA18, and F16. The basic F1 configuration is working perfectly. My problem is when I switch to HUD only mode (Alt-F1). The F18 and F16 work perfectly but with the A10, in HUD only mode, the MFD output is huge and out of place. With the help of another flyer I've entered the viewport mods to all the file that we could find that might make a change to the output. Nothing worked.:cry:

What I need to find out is does your install do the same thing mine does?

If it does and you found a fix...what is it. :smartass:

If it does and you can't fix it, do you think it's a problem in DCS or Helios.:detective:

If it does why do you think the F16 and F18 work and the A10 doesn't. :huh:

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

Already did that and they did try to help but I don't think the problem is with Helios. I'll loop them back in if I learn something new, but right now I think the problem may be with the way the A10C was written.

I've looked at a lot of files but can't recognize the difference that allows the other acft work correctly in Hud view and the A10 doesen't.

I havent profiled the F15 yet, Maybe doing that will give me the clue I need to figure it out. I'm hoping to get help from the guys that have a lot more experience with the way the files are set up in DCS.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

1.6 is really easy compared to previous iterations. There are a good number of profiles for the different acft but like with anything, there will be some tweaking to do.

The way I see it, if Helios puts all in instruments on a second screen then you should be able to fly in HUD only mode. This currently works with two of the three acft I have, the F16 and F18. The F16 doesn't have the side panels yet and the A10 leaves two huge MFCD displays that span both screens. That's what I'm looking for help with. The F18 is the most complete. All the instruments are on the second screen with all of the consoles and the HUD only mode gives you a wide open view.

This is good enough that I'm thinking about NOT going to VR. If you add a touch screen as you second monitor you can flip all the switches and dials with a flick of your finger. Something that you would have to use a mouse to do with VR.

There's a lot about Helios that I like and it would take a real long post to tell you about all of them and why. Give it a try and join their Discord or IM me if you need any help.

Edited by RackMonkey