Is night lighting supposed to be this heavy?

Rmnsvn

With the recent update the shadow problem is mostly gone for me. I get similar FPS looking around all the parts of the ship. But when the night comes my FPS just leave. I get around 18-20 looking at the Island. I would suspect SSAA but my SSAA is off. Also I get around 50-60 FPS flying around Dubai with clouds on 8-9. On the SC during daytime I get 30-40 FPS. I understand there must be a performance hit with the lighting but should it be this bad (30-50%)?

My config is not cutting edge but I’d not complain if I didn’t get decent performance overall (and in the other sims with volumetric lighting as well).

I7-7700HQ/1060-6gb

Oh and the plane I fly is FA-18.

• ED Team

Hi

Please take a screenshot of your ingame settings maybe we can suggest some tweaks.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

Please take a screenshot of your ingame settings maybe we can suggest some tweaks.

thanks

Hi @Bignewy, Thans for reply!

Here's my settings screen.

https://ibb.co/D8yLNTC

I was a bit rushy to say that the issue with shadows is gone. There is some spot at the island which being in the field of view drops my frames to about 24 during daytime as well. I'm now not relly sure what to blame. My sys or shadows/lighting of SC. Maybe I just need to put some cash aside for new rig.

Thanks

Edited by Rmnsvn

• ED Team

Thanks,

it maybe worth running a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users. Also go to your saved games dcs folder, delete your metashader folder and fxo. Then restart DCS and test. First load will take longer while it generates new shaders.

Can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing in game also?

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks,

it maybe worth running a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users. Also go to your saved games dcs folder, delete your metashader folder and fxo. Then restart DCS and test. First load will take longer while it generates new shaders.

Can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing in game also?

thanks

Thanks for the tip, I boosted my card a bit and it gives me approx 30 FPS at night. The issue seams to be more pronounced when looking from the bow at the island, ie at the lamps.

This is what I see. https://ibb.co/1X5snXf

Don't mind the FPS counter, I have shadows disabled here.

Thanks