New Capt Zeen KA50 V2.0 Helios profile !!!

Hello all!

Here i come with a new KA50 v2.0 Helios profile!

We already have a KA50 Helios profile, we really need a new one?

Well, several reasons made me create this new one:

1- In the time paseed from the first KA50 interface created by Gadroc and today, ED made changes on the devices of the Blackshark, and that made the old interface to fail in several systems. And thats force to use key commands to send the switch clicks to DCS. And thats cause to create diferent profiles for diferent countrys due to the diferent international keyboards.

2- In the old interface several devices are missing aswell, not everything on the cockpit can be reproduced

3- The old KA50 profile was designed to be very practic, but thats made a profile very different from the real cockpit, with several systems relocated in diferent places from the real positions.

4- Several viewports need to be created with the old profile, to recreate the PVI, UV26 and Ekran, and this viewports need to be positioned acorss the monitor configuration, making the installation of the profile dificult for some people.

After thinking about for a long time, i decided to study how interfaces goes in Helios, and i start to remake the KA50 interface, fixing the device changes, adding new features and instruments, and implementing the UV26, PVI and EKRAN data directly to the interface.

Then i start redesigning all the art for the diferent panels to be more "cockpit fidellity". Implementing the new instruments and adding the brand new PVI, UV26 and EKRAN systems, without viewports exports!

I created, with the collaboration of Rashmaninov, aswell, several new instruments and controls for the new Helios version, thats permit me to recreate some KA50 instruments in a more easilly and eficient way.

And finally, i use my new Kneeboard control in Helios editor to create a new NAV panel, a Kneeboard with all the airport charts from all the actual DCS maps! including my Normandy Aerodrome charts v1.0 package.

So.... Here you got it... The new KA50 V2.0 profile !!

UtgihDn.jpg

Main panel with data link, laser warning, emergency lamps and UV26 panel activated

v2QWVOb.jpg

Electric panel

DpbpZdS.jpg

Light and back panel activated

2JIF7R0.jpg

Left main panel and A/P mini panel actives

8QcfCjd.jpg

Right 1 panel

kU6KF0v.jpg

Right 2 panel

9hkOcQh.jpg

Overhead panel with temperature instrument

SW3Erjc.jpg

Kneeboard Nav panel

- HELIOS VERSION NEEDED:

This new profile uses the new KA50 Helios interface, so you need to have the Helios version 1.4.2019.0616 or above

You can donwload from here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302014/

- PROFILE FILES:

KA50_v2.0.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions

KA50_v2.0b.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions

- EXPORT FILES:

Included in the Scripts folder, you can find the export.lua, and a Helios folder with the export files needed to run with this profile

You need to install those files in your scripts folder.

- MONITOR ASPECT RESOLUTIONS:

I made two different profiles, v2.0 for 16:10 monitors and v2.0b for 16:9 monitors. Use the one better fit width you monitor resolution.

I made the entire graphic art, based on screenshots of the simulator, and the textures folder of the game.

I used the airport charts from http://www.virtual-jabog32.de

I used the Persian Gulf Kneeboard pages by Pellelil - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303320/

I used the Nevada/Arizona Airports diagrams V2.3 - http://www.476vfightergroup.com

I used the DCS Normandy Aerodrome Charts V1.0 by Capt Zeen - http://www.captzeen.com

For the export.lua i used the Loophole version, compatible width KA50, A10c and FC3 as a base for all my implementations.

In the export files i include a couple of functions by [FSF]Ian to export the digits of the UV26 for the MI-8

I want to give thanks to Bluefinbima, for let me include the new KA50 interface and all the new helios controls.

Thanks to Rashmaninov, for implementing the new helios Trans-rotate control.¡Gracias amigo!

Thanks to Cylution, yzfanimal, Damien022, Derammo, and Piet Van Nes for the good work done implementing new Helios features.

And of course to Gadroc for creating Helios, this great software.

PROFILE FEATURES

- Main Dashboard

All the instruments, lamps and switches implemented.

Actual radio frequency selected window

- Electric panel

Complete electric panel, with power indicators and oil press and oil temp dials full working!

- Data link panel

- Laser warning panel

- Emergency lights panel

- UV26 panel:

Complete uv26 panel, the display is included so no more need viewport exports!.

- Top panel

including the temperature gauge

- Left panel

Include the engine panel, R800 panel, APU panel, Engine cut off valvles, K041 panel and radio selector, with the Actual radio frequency selected window

- Right 1 panel

Include PVI, pilot id panel, and autopilots panel. The PVI display is included so no more need viewport exports!.

- Right 2 panel

Include magnetic variation Panel, Iff panel, Ark22 panel, R868 radio panel and the flares panel

- Light panel

Even all the lights siwtches are in the correct panels, here you got all the light switches in a simigle panel for easy access

Morse code control for navigation lights.

KA50 navigation light system working display .

- Back panel

complete right back panel

- PVI mini panel:

secondary pvi display if you want to fly with it on the main dashboard

- Buttom panel:

Panel with the land lights, NDB and voice warning con

- Autopilot mini panel

secondary pvi display if you want to fly with it on the main dashboard

- Navigation panel:

Aerodromes and visual operation chart v 4.0.3 - http://www.virtual-jabog32.de

Persian Gulf Kneeboard pages by Pellelil - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303320/

Nevada/Arizona Airports diagrams V2.3 - http://www.476vfightergroup.com

DCS Normandy Aerodrome Charts V1.0 by Capt Zeen - http://www.captzeen.com

Custom panel - for user custom images, replace the ones in : Documents\Helios\Images\Capt_Zeen\Kneeboards\custom using the same name of the images

- About panel:

Info about the profile and version.

INSTALATION

-Install Helios if you don't have it yet. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302014/

-Copy the profile on the profiles folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/profiles

-Copy the folder Capt_Zeen on the images folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/images

-Run the HeliosProfileEditor, load the profile Capt_Zeen_KA50V2.0 or Capt_Zeen_KA50V2.0b, and perform a Reset Monitors from the menu Profile.

-Save the profile using your custom name

RUNNING THE PROFILE

-Open the Helios Control Center, select the profile and start it.

CONFIGURING THE SECOND MONITOR

In this new profile, on ly the Abris and the Skhval need to be set up !

included in the package, there is a folder called "DCS Monitor Configuration" width a complete folders structure you can drop on DCS World instalation folder.

You will need to change the coordinates x and y of the Skhval and Abris and the width and height sizes of them in the DCS Monitor Configuration\Config\MonitorSetup\2_monitors-KA50.lua

Change it before copy to the game folder, and save a copy of this structure, couse DCS world rewrite this files every update!

To calculate the correct position of each viewport, run Helios and start the profile and take a screenshot using print screen key on the keyboard, and paste the image in any art program. Paint from Windows works well. Put the cursor over the left-up corners of every empty spaces and write down the coordinates. Drag a box from that point to the right_down corner, and take the width and height of the rectangle.

Modify the 2_monitors-KA50.lua width your correct numbers. and you can now copy the complete "DCS Monitor Configuration" folder to the DCS game folder

here you got a video tutorial where you can see how i do this process on the F18 profile:

CONTACT

discord channel for support:

https://discord.gg/sS66aJf

as always, you can download from my site: www.captzeen.com

Hope you like it !

Edited by Capt Zeen

Capt Z

Can the maps in the KA-50 profile be copied over to your F18 or A10 profiles?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Capt Z

I got everything working on the new KA-50 profile except the several round gauges on the left side of the main panel. They appear red/empty. I have double checked that I loaded the images in the correct directory and it appears so as everything else works including the new charts.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by sobe
changed right to left side.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

There is a little trick to determining the coordinates for the 2 viewports. Load the profile in the profile editor and then on the left side, grab the panel>generic and cover the viewport that you need the coordinates for. On the right side, the 4 coordinates that you need should be listed-BUT YOU HAVE TO ADJUST THE COORDINATES FOR YOUR MONITOR SETUP. Use those for your monitor config file and presto, you are all set to go.

I neglected to mention that this idea originally was suggested by Slippery_Rat on the SimHq forum. He has some great tutorials on Helios on that forum, but unfortunately, he seems to have ceased publishing his suggestions and tutorials.

Edited by sobe
acknowledgement to Slippery_Rat

There is a little trick to determining the coordinates for the 2 viewports. Load the profile in the profile editor and then on the left side, grab the panel>generic and cover the viewport that you need the coordinates for. On the right side, the 4 coordinates that you need should be listed. Use those for your monitor config file and presto, you are all set to go.

-Good trick!

-And yes! you can copy the new NAV panel to other profiles. just copy the panel from one editor profile to the other profile in another editor profile window.

-i am going to revise the left instruments, but can you send me a screenshot via discord?

Edited by Capt Zeen

• 2 weeks later...

If you are finding that the panel buttons in the lower left are hard to see or reach and hit accurately, I have found that moving most of them to the left side of the profile mad them easier to see and hit.

I am not sure if it is me or the profile, but sometimes the profile freezes and will not accept input. I generally restart the profile and it will generally then work. So is anyone else having freezing issues with this profile? All of the other profiles of CZ work perfectly so maybe something in the new code????